Pembroke Corgi!!

• Gold Top Dog

Pembroke Corgi!!

I have a 5 yr old Pembroke corgi, who else here has one?

I would love to see pics!
    • Gold Top Dog
    I DO I DO!!![:D]
    i'm evil dont forget it

puppy picture!!
    • Gold Top Dog
    ORIGINAL: WynterandJody

I DO I DO!!![:D]

Awwwww!! What a cutie!!

They are great lil dogs...[:D]
    • Gold Top Dog
    My old girl is 11, now. She'll be 12 at Christmas time, and I've no doubt she'll make it that far. She's my first dog and I got her for my 13th birthday. She's going blind, but she's fit as a fiddle.

No puppy pics. Camera died during her puppyhood and we lost all the photos except a couple someone else took. Actually, all my photos of her are on cd somewhere. But you can see her in my avatar and my sig.

I've been vaguely entertaining the idea of getting another corgi, but I don't think I will. I swore off the breed after that horrible night when I came home to find my girl in agony with a degenerate disk in her back. It was too much for me. Fortunately she was okay, but I understand it's a common problem in the breed and can mean paralysis/$4000 operations. It's sad, because corgis are such a great little breed. Swedish Vallhunds, though, have no such problems, and they have even cuter ears, if that's possible. [:)]
    • Gold Top Dog
    Corvus, and I am being 100% honest...it is FABULOUS to see a post from you. I hope all is well [:)]
    • Bronze
    I have two at the moment but Rinny is *mine mine* no pictures of Mr. Pudges...

Rin...before the bath...

fresh out of the tub ^__^

same look...no towel

trying to get smelly again

• Gold Top Dog
    What a great post - cute corgi pics AND the return of Corvus.  [sm=clapping%20hands%20smiley.gif]

Please post more often Corvus.  I hope it's okay to post a pic of Zpuppy in this thread even if she's got long legs.  She's marked like a corgi. 

eta to add pic - d'oh

• Puppy

Hahahahahah I have at least 10 at last count and two more litters on the way hehehehe.  Does that count (I would say I am a bit obsessed).

• Gold Top Dog

I don't have a pem, but a cardigan mix. hope its okay to post her I don't see many corgi posts often

CorgisRule

Hahahahahah I have at least 10 at last count and two more litters on the way hehehehe.  Does that count (I would say I am a bit obsessed).

obsessed or irresponsible. lol

• Gold Top Dog

Corgisrule- cool, what titles have your guys got?

VelvetFuzzbutt- your dog is really, really cute, but I have to tell you, I'd be very surprised if there was any Cardi in there at all. :P I havea Cardi too. 

• Gold Top Dog

she's 50% Cardigan welsh corgi & 50% Alaskan malamute. Smile  She's a little fat, but thats probobly my fault.

I love cardigans, I want our next puppy to be a male cardigan. there seem to be less cardi owners on forums then pem- is this true?

• Gold Top Dog

How weird? Which of her parents was the Cardigan? It's just that frankly, intact Cardigans aren't going around making oops puppies all that often (Indy notwithstanding) in general, and other than the bowed front, she doesn't particularly have any Cardi conformational traits. Malamutes have a recesive dwarfism gene that pops up fairly freuqnetly in rescues and it wouldn't surprise me at all if that was what she was.

Cardis are pretty well-represented on the internet- the breed is not a large one and there are not anywhere NEAR as many out there.  

• Gold Top Dog

I've got a corgi mix! He's got some terrier in him too... maybe jack, fox, something like that. Has a total corgi attitude though, talkative, herds other dogs at the park, protective, great little doggy =]

• Gold Top Dog

Pwca

How weird? Which of her parents was the Cardigan? It's just that frankly, intact Cardigans aren't going around making oops puppies all that often (Indy notwithstanding) in general, and other than the bowed front, she doesn't particularly have any Cardi conformational traits. Malamutes have a recesive dwarfism gene that pops up fairly freuqnetly in rescues and it wouldn't surprise me at all if that was what she was.

Cardis are pretty well-represented on the internet- the breed is not a large one and there are not anywhere NEAR as many out there.  

To be honest I don't remember. She and her brother were removed from a neglectful/bad home by the SPCA and both parents were on sight.  I have heard about the dwarfism gene in huskies because when I first showed her off on another forum they asked if she was one.  I didn't know it was common in malamutes too, so I'll have to look into that. I think you (and the other person) are the only time she's ever been taken for anything else.

this is from when she was thinner.  

erica, Casey is adorable!!

• Gold Top Dog

VelvetFuzzButt
    erica, Casey is adorable!!

haha, he certainly likes to think he is! Those ears keep him out of so much trouble! His worst habit is nipping at the legs of other dogs when he is playing, trying to get them to do where he wants them to go....Confused

what's the personalilty of your dog like? That can help determine what breed(s) are in her