Choosing A Dog

Choosing A Dog
Is this a Pointer?
This is my neighbor's dog. I think it's a GSP, but it's HUGE. Maybe it's just fat. I can't ever get close because they put it on a tie-out and it lunges and barks and growls at us non-stop. When it is out, I keep a rake in my hand in case it ever snaps loose and comes after us. Both...
  • 27 REPLIES
The American Pit Bull Terrier, clarified
Ok, so I know many of you may not read this or may not care, but I wanted to do this in case it helps just ONE person have an open mind. My main goal is to educate those who don't know anything about the breed, and give reasons why APBT's are NOT for the average owner (and hence why so many...
  • 2 REPLIES
Difference between Olde English and Olde Victorian?
I've made a decision to purchase an Olde English Bulldogge. After heavy research, I've found them to be completely suitable to my situation. Plus there gorgeous dogs in my opinion. Anyway, I found two really good breeders nearby. One that breeds Olde English Bulldogge's and another that breeds...
  • 4 REPLIES
Great Pyrenees Puppy Adoption---folks with Pyr exp?
A family who asked me to help them find a mixed breed rescue dog (that would be alone 3-4 hours a day max) has decided instead to adopt a young Pyr puppy and they plan to leave it alone at home all day. Would you advocate someone getting a Pyr pup under the following circumstances: * Family with...
  • 6 REPLIES
Pyr's doing their work, and causing a problem
This article was interesting to read...Pyrenees dogs being used as the founders intended, but now going after people they view as tresspassers. ARTICLE
  • 2 REPLIES
Asia and KneeHi - Labs plus ??what
Well, finally got fosters with no issues to talk about. These two are wonderful dogs. They just arrived on Saturday from a transport coming out of Missouri. They are both Lab mixes but KneeHi is a little puzzling. He is a little guy weighing in at 35-40 lbs and he is knee high to a Great Dane. Got a...
  • 8 REPLIES
Bedlington terriers
They are the sweetest dogs! I met one at a dog show and it was alllll kisses and jumping. I never really liked their appearance much...but they are so sweet I would love to have one! Does anyone here have one, or know one? I'd love to see pics (: how cute is this face?! [IMG]http://i239...
  • 15 REPLIES
Black mouth cur or not?
I have this argument with my sister practically every time I talk to her (you'd think I'd just give it up..but nope! I can't! lol). I posted a couple months ago about my sister in Florida finding a puppy in a storm drain.. First she was CONVINCED the dog was half pit bull and half German...
  • 11 REPLIES
Bullmastiff
I've started reading up on this breed and love the way they look. But it seems like you can't have this type of dog with another dog is this really true? I have a 1yr old female cockapoo and eventually wanted another dog. Would having a femal mastiff cause a problem??
  • 21 REPLIES
Black and Tan Great Dane?
found this in Craigslist a moment ago http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/pet/756526947.html maybe the picture will show up too.. if not then check the link
  • 6 REPLIES
is anyone from Springfield, MO i need more infor on Pit bull ban!
i am about to move there and i have an american bull dog...i read some where that pit bulls were banned as well as dogs with simmiler traits or mix of pit bull...even though i know she is an american bull dog i'm pretty sure she is possibly a mix of pit so where does that leave me when i move over...
  • 2 REPLIES
Cavalier King Charles Spaniels - for me - what do you think?
So, some of you may know that the prospect of getting a third dog has been in my mind for some time now. I originally thought of an aussie or BC, but have decided that right now a smaller dog would work best for me. I have always liked the cavalier king charles spaniels, and today met one at the park...
  • 7 REPLIES
Golden or Lab kennel recommendations....
For an acquaintance, does anyone have any good Golden or Lab kennel recommendations? I am not familiar enough with these breeds. I only know of one Golden kennel I could recommend based on first hand experience.
  • 19 REPLIES
Question about pit bulls in ads
I usually skim over the pet classifieds in our newspaper, and I see many advertisements for selling pit bull puppies. What does it mean when these terms are included: Razor Edge, red nose, ADBA reg., blues, & Gotti? There may be other terms or phrases used, but I cannot remember them.
  • 8 REPLIES
Found some old pictures
well not too old.... from back in 1999-2000 of my two dogs at the time. The big black and brown one is Frank, a DobermanXAustralian Shepherd/Pitbull. he was not quite a year old in the bottom pic and the only other changes he went through as he got older was he got a bit taller, and he didnt have as...
  • 4 REPLIES
What Breeds are my dog?
My dog Maggie is a rescue pet found in a garbage bag in a dumpster. I am highly curious as to what breeds she can be. I have heard everything form Rhodesian ridgeback, to pit bull, to beagle. Can anyone give suggestions? The last is her normal coat color before being shaved (she sheds a decent amount...
  • 18 REPLIES
poodles anyonee?
Does anyone here have a poodle or poodle mix?? I have an almost 8 month old black standard poolde named Sabrina that I'm training as a service dog. She is doing wonderful on her training and we are now starting on turning on light switches. :] Here are the most recent pics of her.... [IMG...
  • 3 REPLIES
Best guard breed under 50lbs.
Just curious to see everyone's opinion on what breed they consider to be the most efficient guard dog under 50lbs. besides a APBT. I vote the standard schnauzer as a good contender.
  • 47 REPLIES
Sorry - nevermind. (aDork)
I'm sorry to have caused, yet again, a controversial topic. I was asking about her line, not about whether or not she should or should not have been bred, and I did not expect you guys to assume that her current owner had bred her that much or that he didn't care about her health or her mental...
  • 19 REPLIES
Breeds that have double dewclaws...? *pictures added-guess their breeds...
I know a few breeds (like Pyrs and Beauceron) that have them, but do you guys know more that commonly have double dewclaws? Just curious...we got a litter in today at the HS and one of the pups has double dewclaws, but I highly doubt he's got any Pyr in him (doesn't seem big enough at 8 weeks...
  • 18 REPLIES