'The American Gentleman'- Boston Terrier

• Gold Top Dog

'The American Gentleman'- Boston Terrier

Jeter is our first Boston Terrier. Please share your experience with the breed, temperament, issues, anything. Love to read all about it.

• Gold Top Dog

The ones I've known have been high energy and love being with their people!  People I know with them tend to be very dog-centered, including their dog in the majority of their life, even if it's just taking the dog to the store or including them in family outings.   They are great at sports when well bred and sound (there's some issues in the breed) - there's been one on almost every flyball team I've ever been on.  They do seem to thrive on structured activity and knowing what's coming next in their routine.  They are not as independent as a lot of terriers but there's a down side to that - they want to be told what to do and want you to be a part of it!

• Gold Top Dog

I don't own a boston, but my brother does and he is very high energy.

• Gold Top Dog

I own 2 Boston Terriers named Souffle and Shelby. Souffle is 8 years old and Shelby is 3 years old. I totally love the breed. They are great with children and other animals. They are relatively easy to care for and they can be easy to train. The only issues I have with mine is that they can be rather barky but other than that, they're great. I can't imagine life without Boston Terriers. Smile

• Silver

Meilani you have a couple of cuties...Big Smile Love the names too!

Friends of ours had a Boston Terrier named Mickey.  She was a tiny ball of energy who loved to play with pebbles all over the cottage property.  She snored, snorted, burped and passed wind, but was an absolute ball of love and cuddles.  On two occasions she suffered from ocular issues, but other than that lived a long and healthy life.  Everyone fell in love with her, and she was deeply devoted to her owners.  Sweet little dogs...Smile