Asia and KneeHi - Labs plus ??what

• Gold Top Dog

Asia and KneeHi - Labs plus ??what

Well, finally got fosters with no issues to talk about.  These two are wonderful dogs.  They just arrived on Saturday from a transport coming out of Missouri.  They are both Lab mixes but KneeHi is a little puzzling.  He is a little guy weighing in at 35-40 lbs and he is knee high to a Great Dane.  Got a noticeable long neck and is speckled on the front chest and on all the paws.   He does do the Pointer tap dance but has no interest in birds even when one landed right in front of him.  Pointer, you think?

• Gold Top Dog

Looking at that first pic of him, I'd say there's some GSP in KneeHi somewhere.  Plus, he looks a lot like a Lab/GSP mix I knew years ago.

Smile  

• Gold Top Dog

Thanks, how about that neck...that just cracks me up.

• Gold Top Dog

DPU

I have no idea, it is so hard to call with mixes at times, but, rest assured they are cute as can be.

How are they all getting along?

• Gold Top Dog

That is some neck!

To me, Asia looks lab except the ear set seems a little more high and forward, but otherwise I see nice lean lab and maybe some sort of terrier?  The face and those ears have some hint of terrier, at least to me.

• Gold Top Dog

DPU

Kind of reminds me of ET.  LOL

• Gold Top Dog

snownose

How are they all getting along?

All get along really well....its a pleasure having two well behaved fosters with hardly any issues at all...a first for me.  They are both characters that keeps me laughing, especially when I look at that neck on KneeHi.  BTW, they named him Epic....what kind of name is that?  I changed it to KneeHi.

Liesje, that was my thought....a terrier because of those tiny ears. 

• Gold Top Dog

KneeHi strikes me as very Border Collieish.  Speckles are right, body type is right, size is right, head's a bit off (could have some retriever of some sort - doesn't have to be lab, could be toller or golden too).  Mostly it's the way he's holding his body in that first pic though.

This male weighed 38 pounds soaking wet:

Ears:

• Gold Top Dog

I'm with Becca on the BC-ish for KneeHi.  But, in profile, I also see something very hound-y about that neck.  Some of the Coonhounds have very long necks and they are common in his neck of the woods, no pun intended...  And, FWIW, I think that "Epic" is a great name - suggestive of a complicated and lengthy story, which as we know, some of these rescue dogs have;-)

As to Asia, my guess is that there is some terrier in there, because of the ear set.