Choosing A Dog

Choosing A Dog
Looking to get another dog, but not sure what breed to go with
I'm currently in college so it will be a few years before I actually get a new puppy, and of course it will only be after I settle down in a new place, this is defiantly something I want to put a lot of thought and planning into. See I live alone, like it that way right now, don't have a boyfriend...
  • 13 REPLIES
Dac Moloss Club Show Romanian 12.12.2009
FOREVER TOSA INU http://www.investigatii.ro/de-prin-lume-adunate/253/dac-moloss-2009.html
  • 0 REPLY
Ridge on a mutt?
Hey guys, I'm curious about something. So okay Simba, my 10 week old boxer mix looks like he has a bit of a ridge on him. I'm not sure if he has RR in him or not, but is it possible for a mix to have the ridge? I'll have to get a pic of it soon so you can be the judge, but I'm just curious...
  • 2 REPLIES
Silver Labs?? Are they....
are they somewhere down the line, lab/weimaraner mix? because i am getting a lab/weimaraner mix puppy today and she is silver with blue eyes and she looks JUST like how some of those silver labs do... is this where they originated from? also, anyone have a mix puppy of these breeds? if so, feedback...
  • 14 REPLIES
Long Haired Rottie?
Is that for real? I've never heard of one before, but a friend just told me that is what he had. So I googled it, and they certainly look like rotties, but with a coat more like Coke's... I'm confused. Anyone??
  • 8 REPLIES
Throw me some breed recommendations
I've been thinking about what I want in my next dog lately...I love the herders, but I think I'd like a change. I'm looking for a medium to small breed, 40 lb max, but smaller would be better, that's less intense and less maintenance than what I have now. I want a dog I can take places...
  • 28 REPLIES
Beagles in blue merle? not...
Here is an interesting page a fellow Beagler made after doing some serious research into the "phenomenon" of the Blue Dapple/Merle Beagle. She's a tenacious lady to keep searching like she did...great stuff! Dapple Beagles
  • 24 REPLIES
Belgian malinois- too old?
Someone I know is trying to re-home a 12 yr old belgian malinois female retired police dog. She's not being taken care of properly, is severly underweight, and is currently tied to a tree with a 6 ft leash 24/7. I have convinced them to find her a better place.I did some research on the breed to...
  • 13 REPLIES
my cute babies
we breed three Chi Babies.they are Maxwell, (6 months) Milo, (9 months) & Matilda (also 9 months). While Milo & Matilda are on the bigger side of the Chi scale at 7 & 9lbs, Maxwell is on the more average size at about 4 1/2lbs. Milo is a bit more on the lazy side compared to the other two...
  • 6 REPLIES
Doberman colors
Can back & tan parents have split litters - half balck/tan, half blue? I've always wanted, & still hope to some day have a dobe. I saw a sign yesterday advertising a littler of AKC pups, so I called & went to see the litter. The parents are both extremely gorgeous black & tan,...
  • 8 REPLIES
Cavalier King Charles Spaniels
Anybody own one? Experiences? My next dog (many, many years from now hopefully) I want to be small, active, without too much grooming required (at least not as much as the Cockers), friendly towards people and animals. I don't think terriers would fit my lifestyle, but sporting dogs definitely...
  • 15 REPLIES
Tell Me About Dobermans please.
Many of you know already, that I intend to get a dobe as my next dog. That likely won't be for several years yet, but I'm feeling especially inquiry-ish today. I have an extensive list of things I would tell to anyone thinking of getting a husky, but so far, I haven't found much that might...
  • 44 REPLIES
Strictly for funsies: Guess the Gimme
Anyone want to take guesses? Obvioiusly it doesn't matter, as we all love our Grimm . His former owners, who acquired him as a wee thing (and signed him over at about 10 weeks) said he was a Shih Tzu mix. I do buy that as he has the Tzu lip (or the Gimme lip as we now call it) and some really...
  • 5 REPLIES
What does Sookie look like?
Sookie was tied in a bag and thrown out of a truck window. Now my friend's family has her. No one really knows what breed she is. Every now and then i thought she looked mastiff-y in the face, but she's way too small. I was thinking more pit/some type of hound mix. She's around 15 weeks...
  • 8 REPLIES
Wire Fox Terrier:
I just did a search and see that this breed hasn't been mentioned. YET! :-). Here are a photos of my guy and a link to his website. Please stop by, if you're a fan of this wonderful breed: http://www.MyFoxTerrier.com
  • 3 REPLIES
Could anybody guess my dogs breed?
Shes around 50lbs...and.......well the picture kinds describes her in better detail. Any ideas? -click the picture for a bigger version- [URL=http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/daisy4u5/?action=view¤t=Picture165.jpg][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/daisy4u5/th_Picture165.jpg...
  • 4 REPLIES
Fox Terriers?
Hello - I have been trying to meet this 16.9 lb. Fox Terrier at an animal shelter for the last three weeks. He turned out to have kennel cough the past two weeks and I am finally getting close to where I think I will get to meet him out of his cage in the next couple of days. I thought he might be a...
  • 6 REPLIES
Irish Terriers
I've just been researching Irish Terriers and they seem like awesome dogs! Has anyone here ever owned one or know any information about them?
  • 3 REPLIES
Ibizan Hounds
I've been researching beezers lately. I LOVE the look of them, but I don't plan to make that the reason to get one. Aside from the literature, do any of you have personal experience with one? Are there any you would feel would be trustworthy around small dogs and cats (big one)? Mostly just building...
  • 7 REPLIES
Pyrenean Shepherds
I've been researching them recently. Since Nik is gone I really want another herder sometime in the future. I had pretty much settled on a smaller border collie but stumbled upon this breed. anyone have much information on them? I've read up as much as I can find and they sound like really neat...
  • 29 REPLIES