Ridge on a mutt?

• Gold Top Dog

Ridge on a mutt?

Hey guys, I'm curious about something. So okay Simba, my 10 week old boxer mix looks like he has a bit of a ridge on him. I'm not sure if he has RR in him or not, but is it possible for a mix to have the ridge? I'll have to get a pic of it soon so you can be the judge, but I'm just curious.

• Gold Top Dog

I have been in Ridgebacks for over 30 years.  Over that time we have found many breeds , even purebred show dogs like some very very nice danes, dobes and boxers who have a short ridge on their backs, necks and heads.  It is just not uncommon at all. When you post you photo I will try to catch the note and take a look, In the mean time you can check out the dogs on my website. We have an album just for some unique rescues we have handled or know of.  www.bwanakennel.com  Final note some RRs have shorter muzzles and give an incorrect pitt or boxer look to the puppy head.

If your puppy is indeed part RR thank you for loving him, any time you have a question please let me know. I am not on this forum often but I do get updates and check them for any mention of things I feel pretty strongly about. 

Sincerely Bonita of Bwana Kennel

• Gold Top Dog

Bonita of Bwana

I have been in Ridgebacks for over 30 years.  Over that time we have found many breeds , even purebred show dogs like some very very nice danes, dobes and boxers who have a short ridge on their backs, necks and heads.  It is just not uncommon at all. When you post you photo I will try to catch the note and take a look, In the mean time you can check out the dogs on my website. We have an album just for some unique rescues we have handled or know of.  www.bwanakennel.com  Final note some RRs have shorter muzzles and give an incorrect pitt or boxer look to the puppy head.

If your puppy is indeed part RR thank you for loving him, any time you have a question please let me know. I am not on this forum often but I do get updates and check them for any mention of things I feel pretty strongly about. 

Sincerely Bonita of Bwana Kennel

Lucky! I've recently discovered RR's and oh my god they're GORGEOUS! I never knew that that other breeds had ridges on their backs, interesting. I'll probably be getting a camera(finally!) for christmas so I'll take pictures. I'll deff check out that website and thanks for offering to answer my questions! :D