Choosing A Dog

Choosing A Dog
BEAGLES, BEAGLES AND MORE BEAGLES PLEASE!
So I'm researching my top favorite breeds for future references and I really like Beagles, well the looks and temperament, but I don't really know much about them. Can someone please help me out. I'd like to know the basics. Health issues, activity level, around kids, other dogs, shedding...
  • 6 REPLIES
Pomeranian V.S. German Spitz
Due to lack of responsible breeding, the Pomeranian can be found all over in many different shapes, sizes, and colors. To learn the history about this breed check out the thread "Pomeranian 101" Some books of mine even have a reference to "the three faces of Poms" while others...
  • 141 REPLIES
Let's talk English/Mini Bull Terriers!
Well, I have the greatest landladyin the world. She's happy to give me rent free time to be home with my German Shepherd pup so he can be thoroughly socialized in this formative time (what an angel she is!) However, I do eventually have to get a J-O-B. When I do return to work, T-Bone is gonna be...
  • 4 REPLIES
Rescued Mix breed dog. Not sure what she is
We adopted this dog when she was 12 weeks old. She was adopted to us as a Jack Russell Terrier/Chihuahua mix. She was dumped with her mom and her sister. We aren't really sure what she is. She is currently 20lbs and she stays between 18-21lbs She is almost 2 years old Here is a bit about her...
  • 6 REPLIES
My rescued labrador
I had been emailing back and forth with a lab rescue in my area about adopting a young yellow lab female named Miley. This last weekend my application was approved and I went and picked Miley up! I was told that she was purebred yellow lab, but on the small side. Miley is adorable and absolutely love...
  • 4 REPLIES
Chinese crested?
I was just looking at a little hairless chinese crested puppy that I really want to get. He has dark skin and has an orange mullet! He is the funnest looking thing...but cute at the same time. Before I beg my dad to let me get him, I am just wondering if any of you on here have cresteds or met any, and...
  • 21 REPLIES
What is Brinxx?
I know that it doesn't matter, but I'm looking for opinions on what Brinxx is. She is between 22-23 inches tall. Currently, she weighs 51 pounds, which is a very good weight for her. Any guesses?
  • 15 REPLIES
St. Bernard / Lab mix
My friend rescued a st. bernard lab mix dog, 7-8 months old, but she has too many dogs as it is, and I was thinking about adopting him. Are there any major health issues I need to be aware of before actually saying yes, I'll take the dog? his temperment is great, sort of lazy laid back and...
  • 10 REPLIES
Looking for Lab Info
Ok again you can move this post if it needs to be in another area. I am looking for a lab puppy. I was wondering if some of you folks who know some breeders could please PM me some names? My search is going slowly. I have some names recently I am working on but feel I need more areas to look. I do not...
  • 6 REPLIES
Goofie is a MONSTER !
Greetings ALL ! Though new to this Board, I have had the privilege of providing for numerous K9 Companions for many years, and I AM proud to say that I now have another. Goofie came to us in November of last year (at 6 wks), and immediately possessed our Hearts, Property, House and the Furniture...
  • 2 REPLIES
Boston
Any Boston Terrier fans on here? I have a Boston named Pearl and she is 4 yrs of age. She is one of the most loving and tender hearted dogs I have ever owned. Extremely smart too. I said I would never own an inside the house dog but she is a joy. Worst thing is, she snores louder than my wife and I am...
  • 1 REPLY
Apartment dog who likes to jog...
Hello all- I've been thinking about adding a dog to my home for a while now, but cannot decide on what breed would suit me. I live in an 800 square foot apartment, there's no yard and not a lot of space. Fortunately I work from home a lot, so my dog shouldn't get too lonely. I want...
  • 9 REPLIES
King Charles Cavalier Question(s)
I volunteer at our local Humane Society and tonight met the most beautiful, 9 y.o. female King Charles Cavalier who was just brought in. Her most recent owners only had her for 2 years and surrendered her because they are MOVING...*argh* I spent some time with her and fell in love. I've been considering...
  • 19 REPLIES
Help us try to replace our best friend Chloi...
This year we lost our well-loved companion, Chloi, to old age. She was a beautiful, loyal and fun-loving dog, born in Greece and happily lived her last days here in Oslo, Norway. We got her as a puppy and were told she was a mix of Cocker and Brittany spaniel. Though we never really questioned it, after...
  • 12 REPLIES
LAB/PITBULL MIX HELP PLEASE
Very close to adopting a 10 month old lab/pit mix. I have a 5 yr old and have always said I won't get a pit or any pit mix. We spent a few hours with the dog and he was perfect. Incredible with us and 5 yr old. Didnt bark, let us hug and play with him...seemed very very gentle. I want to adopt him...
  • 32 REPLIES
Best Breed to Guard Poultry?
We're seriously considering getting some chickens. Making a coop, the whole nine yards. And we started wondering what dog breed would be the best to guard poultry. My first thought is Great Pyrenees. But there's also the Anatolian Shepherd, Maremma and I'm sure many more . Does anyone have...
  • 15 REPLIES
what mixed breed do you think she is?
hi we adopted sarah? they were not sure what breed she was can some one give me there opion thanks
  • 11 REPLIES
making deposit on Frenchie pup?
Hello, My family is about to aquire our first pup. After a few trips to shelters, and researching, we have concluded we want our first dog to be a puppy for our kids. So we might as well get what we really want and have found that we want a French Bulldog. I found a litter just born last week to a...
  • 21 REPLIES
German Shepherd: Most trainable/smartest dog?
I am blown away by the intelligence of my purebred GSD T-Bone. He learns so amazingly fast. I've had many smart dogs, but he trumps what I thought the ability to learn for a 9 week old pup could be. He's SO focused on what I want. When we walk, he heels perfectly and looks up at me, always paying...
  • 8 REPLIES
Yorkie's - Advice Needed (mrstjohnson)
URGHHH!! Sister called me this evening and said, "tell me everything you know about Yorkies". Her husband wanted to buy my nieces a Yorkie they saw at a pet store this evening for $1200. I freaked out! Well, I talked them out of getting the dog at the pet store. Now, I have the task of finding...
  • 25 REPLIES