Chinese crested?

• Gold Top Dog

I plan to, in the nearish (next five years) future. As long as the dog is correct, I will show it, regardless of whether it wins. There will, of course, be obedience titlesBig Smile I'm very excited about it. I'm waiting for both the perfect puppy and the perfect time. Ena isn't ready to not be "the puppy", yet, and her career as an obedience dog has me on hold (as does her knee, which is likely to need help in the next couple of years).

• Gold Top Dog

Oh, awesome!  I'll keep my fingers crossed that the perfect little pupper comes to you at the right time.  The breed is so special, and it really needs passionate people to keep it in the right direction.  You can't beat having a dog with titles at both ends, :-D.

• Gold Top Dog

That is what I want to see a push for. They're such smart, wonderful, little beasts. They're bred to be companions, right? So PROVE it. Herding dogs get herding titles. Let's see therapy dog certifications, Canine Good Citizens, rally titles, obedience titles on companion breeds.

I'm one of those crazies. One day, when I have the time, and the money (which means no Emma, sadly), I'll have some really nice Cresteds.

• Gold Top Dog
    jennie_c_d

That is what I want to see a push for. They're such smart, wonderful, little beasts. They're bred to be companions, right? So PROVE it. Herding dogs get herding titles. Let's see therapy dog certifications, Canine Good Citizens, rally titles, obedience titles on companion breeds.

I'm one of those crazies. One day, when I have the time, and the money (which means no Emma, sadly), I'll have some really nice Cresteds.

Amen... except I won't be breeding Cresteds. But you get the drift. ;)
    • Puppy

Crested are the BEST!!! I have 3 girls and 1 boy!!! Plus I have 2 Chi-Chi's. They are a cross between Cresteds and Chihuahus. Both are small and hairless. I own the mom and dad. Mom is the hairless CC and dad is a longhaired Chihuahua. Cresteds are very loving dogs and bark very little. They can have skin issues but none of mine do. I think these are the best dogs around and I have had dogs for many, many, many years. So try 1, they are like Lay's potato chips!!!! You can't stop at just 1 !!!!!!!!!

• Gold Top Dog

0JHfisdgtp9whgtfeb;wv pocxyu=

• Gold Top Dog
    so you intentionally bred a mutt litter? what performance titles do parents have? breeding hybridsfor performance is cool. i'veseen some very impressive lh chihs in the ring.