Irish Terriers

• Bronze

Irish Terriers

I've just been researching Irish Terriers and they seem like awesome dogs! Has anyone here ever owned one or know any information about them?
    • Gold Top Dog

I've only groomed a few. They're beautiful dogs, and feisty, like all terriers. They can be dog aggressive, like all terriers, and a bit hard headed:) I definitely like them. Maybe a dog show would be a good place to look. Any terrier specialities nearby?

• Bronze

I'll see if there are any specialties where I live.

I guess they're like most terriers then? :D I have a Parson Russell Terrier at home right now, she's turning 7 this coming April but she's still super hyper Stick out tongue

• Gold Top Dog

Yup! Feisty! My PRT is quite calm, for the breed, but she has a wide variety of health issues that cause her to be calmer. The Irish I've met have been.... more dog than she is, but not necessarily bad. My one terrible Irish experience was that another groomer put an intact male in a divided kennel with an intact male Lab, and the Irish Terrier broke the divider, to attack the Lab. That's such a terrier thing, though.... Emma would be that way, if she hadn't been taught not to.