Rescued Mix breed dog. Not sure what she is

• Gold Top Dog

Rescued Mix breed dog. Not sure what she is

We adopted this dog when she was 12 weeks old.  She was adopted to us as a Jack Russell Terrier/Chihuahua mix.  She was dumped with her mom and her sister.    We aren't really sure what she is.

She is currently 20lbs and she stays between 18-21lbs

She is almost 2 years old

Here is a bit about her: 

She is a very smart dog. She is a hard worker, eager to learn. Very food motivated. She is great with other dogs, respectful/slightly fearful of cats. She is great with people, adults, kids, and the elderly. She graduated top of her obedience class. She is quite the couch potato, very lazy but once she gets out and going she is a very fast, very energetic dog. I've never seen a dog run like her and have so much stamina. She understands inside is quiet time and outside is play time.
    I couldn't ask for a better dog.

here is a photo of her as a puppy:

Adult photos:

• Gold Top Dog

Here are a few more photos:

• Gold Top Dog

I could believe the JRT/Chi mix but there is probably something else too given her size. Whatever she is, she sure is a cute little dog!

• Gold Top Dog

Thanks she is and always has been a very happy girl.  She always has some sort of grin on her face and a wag in her tail
    • Gold Top Dog

He reminds me of Casey! The Corgi X.

• Gold Top Dog

of me?! =]

I think Casey is a corgi/jack russell or rat terrier.

I could see either one of those in your girl - and probably a few other things too, probably something larger like Agile said - to give her the size. for reference, Casey is around 13lbs

• Gold Top Dog

As far as Sasha goes.  We are sure about the JRT.  Mom was a JRT (dumped with the pups). She is suspected to be mixed with beagle or some other hound, but definately hound.  Dad was suspected to be a Chi/corgi mix.

She has the herding and hound instincts.  Very little Terrier to this dog.  And there is something in her that we've been able to get her to the point to trust her off leash.   She follows us around and has a developed a pretty good recall.   Which isn't really hound or Terrier.  So I don't know.

Some breeds that have been suggested (just by random people) are Corgi, beagle, Min Pin, Basenji, and Shiba Inu.

Some larger breeds have been suggested to us as well:  Labrador, Carolina Dog, Canaan Dog, GSD.   I'm not so sure.  But I guess its always possible.

Its fun to guess what she is.  I know we will never know she is fancinating and very beautiful.   Whatever makes her up she is the perfect dog for us.