Goofie is a MONSTER !

• Bronze

Goofie is a MONSTER !

Greetings ALL !

Though new to this Board, I have had the privilege of providing for numerous K9 Companions for many years, and I AM proud to say that I now have another.

Goofie came to us in November of last year (at 6 wks), and immediately possessed our Hearts, Property, House and the Furniture in it !! Big Smile  What can I say...he's a Terrier, Yorkshire to be specific !

I've looked through a lot of information on Yorkies, and all of it says they should top out at about 5-7 lbs.  Goofie hit that in about 3 months, is about 10.5 lbs now, and he's only about two weeks from his first birthday.  I'll tell you promptly, he is very trim and strong, and is not an overeater or overweight in appearance.

Is this common for a Yorkie, do they occasionally/regularly get large as he is doing ?

Have a good Day ! Smile

S.W.

• Gold Top Dog

Sounds like Goofie has a very nice family.  I know nothing about Yorkies, just wanted to say Hi!

• Bronze

shadowsgin,

Thank you for your kind words and warm welcome.  Give Rocky and Hot Shot a nice hug and treats for me ! Big Smile

How thoughtful it was that you showed a picture of your departed friend.  I admit, it gave me pause, remembering times of play and closeness, which I have experienced with those which I was blessed.  Actually, I fought getting another for quite some time, but was out voted, now making me wish this one had come along much sooner.  I've never had such an intuitive animal, he seems to know my every thought.

Have a good Day ! Smile

S.W.

PS:EDIT, Now I got it !  Shadow's Gin, how cleaver, how appropriate.