Strictly for funsies: Guess the Gimme

• Gold Top Dog

Strictly for funsies: Guess the Gimme

Anyone want to take guesses?  Obvioiusly it doesn't matter, as we all love our GrimmWink

His former owners, who acquired him as a wee thing (and signed him over at about 10 weeks) said he was a Shih Tzu mix. I do buy that as he has the Tzu lip (or the Gimme lip as we now call it) and some really funky tooth layout in his mouth (which, as one who intubates a lot of dogs, seems to be a Tzu thing). He doesn't have an over or underbite.  Shih Tzus are also THE breed around here...everyone has them of varying qualities, and everyone wants to breed Shih Tzu pups or mixes thereof. Huh?  I'd guess there's at least one or two other mystery breeds in there though, if not more. There's a reason we call him our Generic Brown DogWink 

His coat  started out, when we brought him home, as all wooly puppy coat that shed a ton. (granted he was still sickly) But, as it grew out (at first with a really weird wispy action going on) it seems to lack an undercoat. It's long, but a coarse texture..if that makes sense. He never tangles, doesn't require brushing aside from after a bath, and all he requires is a towel dry and a quick comb through and he dries in under ten minutes on his own. It seems to be staying this length so far..so it doesn't seem to be the ever growing hair. The hair on his legs is shorter than his body coat, and he has impressive muppet paw hair. While one may get a hair or two on the comb dring brushing, he otherwise does not seem to shed.

His ears are much shorter than they look..they're kind of small and pointy...lie a yorkie ear folded over.  His ears stood totally for over a month as a pup, then went down. I'm sure if we'd cut the ear hair at this time (his coat was growing) they'd probably have stayed standing, but since we think his ears cute no matter what they do, we left him with his grand ear hair.  The ear hair makes his ears look about twice as long as they really are.

He doesn't have a lot of prey drive (aside from catching outdoor birds...and I think he just finds that fun), so although he probably has a bit of some sort of terrier, the terrier attitude is thankfully muted. (Jules is enough terrier for everyone).  Grimm is a very, very happy dog..always smiling and tail wagging. He has a very loving and gentle personality.  Also, haven't weighed him for a bit, but I'd guess he's about 15 lbs or so. He's also very athletic...he bounces a lot and his only speed is some variation of Run.

Here's a variety of Grimm pics

• Gold Top Dog

I looked up the "Shorkie Tzu" (Yorkie/shih tzu) and they look similar, but more finely featured than Grimm.  Perhaps he's a shih tzu/yorkie/wheaten?

For pics of the Shorkie Tzu I went to dogbreedinfo - they always have the latest designer mixes listed. :P

• Gold Top Dog

I see some Yorkie in the last picture.  I'm thinking there might be some Poodle there, too.  Something about Grimm reminds me of the Poodle/Schnauzer/Terrier we had when I was a teen.  I just love seeing pictures of Grim- he's so darn cute!

• Gold Top Dog

He looks like a very well groomed Benji...hehe.  What was Benji? 

• Gold Top Dog

he looks adorable to me

• Gold Top Dog

He definitely looks like a "Shorkie".