Beagles in blue merle? not...

• Gold Top Dog

Beagles in blue merle? not...

Here is an interesting page a fellow Beagler made after doing some serious research into the "phenomenon" of the Blue Dapple/Merle Beagle. She's a tenacious lady to keep searching like she did...great stuff!

Dapple Beagles

• Gold Top Dog

I'll never understand why people can't just be happy with just a regular dog. Why do people need to feel like they have this OMG SO SPESHUL AND RARE dog? I'd be willing to guess that "rare Norwegian blue beagles" still poop and still puke on your favorite piece of furniture and still look at you like you have three heads when you say "sit" from time to time. 

• Gold Top Dog

Well said Houndlove..Good for your friend RW for doing the research!  I wish the PEOPLE THAT WERE BUYING the puppies would do that before buying some "rare" dog and paying God knows what for it!  Reminds me of the "rare blue merle" pit bulls, and "silver" labs..geez people snap back into reality.

• Gold Top Dog

friends from the hunting forum had a blast with this one.....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GipFyAsYK1M 

Norwegian blue .. Irishman had this to say

" Never mind blindness, deafness and death. I thought that Anyone would know that the problem with the Norwegian Blue (Christ; I'm cracking up here! laugh.gif) is that it'll be Pining for the Fjords!!! rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif

The FeeeeYoords?!? Listen, mate; This Beagle couldn't go 'Vmmmm!' if I shoveded fifty thousand volts up it! It's dead! It's 'Ceased To Be!'. It is an EX Beagle!!!"

• Gold Top Dog

Bluegle's.

• Gold Top Dog

The Blue Dapple/Merle coloring is showing up in many different breeds.  Some breeders of Siberian Huskies are passing off the dapple/merle as piebald markings to make a dollar. 

• Gold Top Dog

Wow!  I never knew!  I love the colors!  They make them look so unique!

• Gold Top Dog
    There is a woman in Northern CA, about an hour from me that we believe "discovered" this new color. Our rescue has taken in countless dogs in this color and it is obvious she is not selling for a forever home or even carefully screening her homes. Looking at the dogs, we believe that she may have introduced Dachshund into the bloodlines to get that color in there, all the while still selling them as purebreds and AKC registered. And of course, with no spay and neuter contract, people think that they need to breed them too. There is another person in Nor Cal that bought one and has openly, online attempted to promote this color and breed it. Cause we didnt have enough homeless, poorly bred Beagles out there already....
    • Gold Top Dog

*ROFL!!!* 'ELLO POLLY!!! Wakey wakey!!!!

AHAHAHAH!!!!

I will say that while those pups are darn cute, certainly not Beaglets.  Good for your breeder friend for investigating ^_^  Looks like a case just like those doggone Tri Color Shepherds >.<

• Gold Top Dog

Xeph
    I will say that while those pups are darn cute, certainly not Beaglets.  Good for your breeder friend for investigating ^_^  Looks like a case just like those doggone Tri Color Shepherds

... Oh, loved those tri GSDs ... and "silver Labs" ... with DNA tests to "prove" they're purebred, ROFL Confused

You're right though - those ain't purebred Beagles. The breed does NOT carry the gene for dappling - they only carry the ticking factor. Now, Daschunds OTOH, do carry the dappling gene. It's the same thing as those morons promoting pocket or mini Beagles. One "breeder" website had dappled pocket Beagles ... you know there was some paper fudging going on because I don't care who she reg'd them with, a mutt is a mutt is not a Beagle who cannot possibly produce a dappled pup.

BTW, Xeph - gorgeous Shepherds! Are they Am show lines? I honestly haven't seen Am bloodlines, well, so correct, lol!  

• Gold Top Dog
    My Strauss is 3/4 German, 1/4 American.  My Rangerdog (in the sig) is half and half.
    • Gold Top Dog

Xeph
    My Strauss is 3/4 German, 1/4 American.  My Rangerdog (in the sig) is half and half.

I apologize for hijacking this thread, but those make the best crosses, IMHO! My GSD was 50% Am bred show/obed lines and 50% German lines ... predominantly working but had some German show lines as well. Gawd, she was the most beautiful thing, w/ the temperament of a working dawg and the most striking movement ... 

• Puppy

Hi,

So I have this dog, he is a Beagle (dapple or mix maybe).  I took him to the vet today and he said he was a Beagle tri colored merle saying he was a true beagle, but had the merle color.  He told me he is a full bred beagle.  But from this site it seems like he may have been mixed with a dapple dachshund (which my parents actually own . . . jake is a double dapple dachshund with blue eyes and a pink nose).  Anyway, I thought my Beagle, Chance, was maybe  mixed with a Blue tick hound, or Catahoula mix or something.  Do you guys have any advice on him? 

I adopted him from a county shelter here in Michigan. 

Thanks! 

• Gold Top Dog

Hi, welcome to the forum. Must see your dog! Pictures please.

• Puppy

Hi,

Thanks! I uploaded pictures on my profile.  Can you not see the pictures?  There should be 3 -- all of Chance.   I would attach  my Facebook URL, but it has not been acting right all day and now it won't even log in. : (   Let me know if you can see them or not.  Thanks so much for your help.  If all else fails I guess I can email them or something.

Thanks again!