Tue, Jun 26 2012 3:14 PM
I just got a text from the kids' teacher that Buddy is at the bridge. I don't know how, I didn't ask... he was young and healthy so I am guessing he was hit by a car, but I really have no idea. Run free Buddybudderdog, the girls and I will really miss your greetings and playing keep-away.
4.2K views 17 replies 0 likes

Comments

Mon, Jun 25 2012 7:06 PM
Oh my, how terribly sad all the way around sharismom
Tue, Jun 26 2012 3:14 PM
kpwlee Oh my, how terribly sad all the way around sharismom Agree!!! Run free handsome boy! You can do whatever you like where you are now!
Thu, Jun 7 2012 10:15 PM
Allie & Maggie were sisters, almost 13. Both had weakness in back legs, progressively worse. Allie had Cushings, Maggie urinary problems. Last monday, Maggie couldn't walk, and it was time. Allie has been the sicker of the two, panting so much, and all of a sudden she can barely get around. She would collapse in the yard, it hurt so much to see her like that. So, today it was time for her too. Our son 43, just fell apart, Allie was his dog, Maggie mine. so we've gone from two big loveable... more
2.2K views 9 replies 0 likes

Comments

Wed, Jun 6 2012 2:35 PM
I am sorry,double the grief must be quite hard to bear.My thoughts are with you and your family. Tena
Thu, Jun 7 2012 8:39 PM
I am so sorry. Hugs for you and your family. Run free, sweet girls.
Thu, Jun 7 2012 10:15 PM
How awful...I am so sorry to hear of your loss..... We had to have our dog put down early last week, although a heart wrenching decision, it was the right one. Here is a poem that I am putting in my scrapbook of her....I really liked it and it helped us get through.... You're giving me a special... more
Sat, May 19 2012 8:42 AM
My Baby Chestnut is gone to Rainbow Bridge. He went Tuesday afternoon. He was one very sick little kitty at the end. Dear Sunny Boy, I am so sorry the end was so hard. I feel I let you down; I tried so hard to set you free, and it seemed I hit obstacles everywhere I turned. But I got you free, in the end. I know Vita will be there to meet you, and give your ears the "lick, lick, lick, NIP!" she always did to you, lol. Always the same, 3 licks and then the little nip. And... more
2.5K views 10 replies 0 likes

Comments

Fri, May 18 2012 8:32 PM
Run free, Baby Chestnut.
Sat, May 19 2012 7:05 AM
So sorry to hear about your Kitty, our little Beau and Peaches will be there to meet your Kitty I'm sure at the bridge. Hugs from Ava and me.
Sat, May 19 2012 8:42 AM
Thank you for all the support and encouragement. Been a difficult time, for sure.
Mon, May 14 2012 2:02 PM
You will be missed such beautiful big girl. Grandma already misses you. R.I.P. Dez when you see your owner ( uncle john ) and Princess give them a kiss for me.
1.9K views 5 replies 0 likes

Comments

Sat, May 12 2012 2:27 PM
I'm so sorry; ((( hugs))) for your grandmother.
Sun, May 13 2012 7:34 AM
I am so sorry. There's no pain or sickness at the Bridge, sweet Dez.
Mon, May 14 2012 2:02 PM
RIP Dez... ((Hugs to you and your Grandma))
Mon, May 7 2012 4:44 PM
Both dogs were assisted to Rainbow Bridge this afternoon. Sugar stopped eating on Sunday. The tumor had grown noticeably, the entire left side of her face was swelling up. I was able to hand feed her canned food, but I saw no point in letting the disease continue its progress. Marlin has been hanging on for me the past few weeks. He life consisted of spinning, eating and sleeping. The only way to stop his frantic spinning and barking was to give him a sedative, which meant he was sleeping his life... more
4.1K views 26 replies 0 likes

Comments

Mon, May 7 2012 10:49 AM
Freedom Thank you, It gets easier day by day. When I lost Sassy, I thought my heart would never stop hurting and I'd never stop crying. Someone said the worst of it lasts about a month and I found that to be very true. I still cry when I think about her or talk about her but it's definitely gotten... more
Mon, May 7 2012 11:28 AM
I'm so sorry.To lose two in one day is heartbreaking.I am thinking of you and hoping your home will feel less empty as the days pass. Tena
Mon, May 7 2012 4:44 PM
Thank you, Cathy and Tena. With 3 dogs and 10 cats here, I find I have to get up and get moving, things still need doing, walkies must happen, food needs to be served. I think it helps. Received some condolence cards in the mail today ( 2 from my vet office, 3 from close friends) and that got me choked... more
Fri, May 4 2012 12:55 PM
Someone on the bichon forum put this together. Oh my, I hadn't yet looked back at prior times. Both had become old doggies, they really were ready to go. This has me bawling and smiling and everything. I thought I'd share it with all of you. Really shows their personalities, lol. http://youtu.be/sbVpT_p4NX8
1.7K views 9 replies 0 likes

Comments

Fri, May 4 2012 8:09 AM
Yes, it is lovely to have this with some of their pics all together. Still makes me cry, though.
Fri, May 4 2012 11:15 AM
I lost my Kobi going on 3 yrs now. I made a video as well. It still makes me cry when I watch it - but it's a nice cry. ((((HUGS))))
Fri, May 4 2012 12:55 PM
That video is wonderful and what a thoughtful friend to put it together for you. I had to turn the sound off right away. I love that song more than anything but I played it and cried when we lost Buffy in November. Since then we've lost Sassy and just the melody in my head makes me want to burst... more
Thu, May 3 2012 1:24 AM
My dog Cinder passed away a few days ago... we think it was from a disease called pyometra... but we didn't have the chance to take her to the vet in time.. :( She was my best friend... It's so weird sleeping in my room without her... Her sister, Princess, is still here, and now she sleeps in here, but it's still so weird and different. She is now with her other sister Freddie, and her momma Pepper. :) Play nice, Cindy Windy :) (my nickname for her) Rest in peace, and I hope you have... more
1.7K views 6 replies 0 likes

Comments

Wed, May 2 2012 6:33 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss; ((( hugs ))) Run free Cinder.
Wed, May 2 2012 10:13 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. RIP Cindy Windy girl.
Thu, May 3 2012 1:24 AM
Thank you so much for your sympathies. I am sorry about yours too. May they be happy and running free! :)
Mon, Apr 2 2012 8:23 PM
Jessie was the closest thing to my own horse that I've ever experienced. She and Bullseye came to Grace as part of an abuse case. Bullseye was especially malnourished and it was believed that he had sacrificed what little there was to eat for Jessie. Jessie suffered from moon blindness and Bullseye was not only her best friend but also her protector. Whenever they wandered too far from each other, Jessie would panic. She rarely moved further than a foot or so away from him and the love they shared... more
2.2K views 10 replies 0 likes

Comments

Mon, Apr 2 2012 7:14 PM
((((Cathy)))) I was so sad when I read your first post about them going to the Bridge, though sending them together had to be the right decision. I, too, see them running and playing in a wonderful field of soft grass together. And, I'm pretty sure there's a nice apple tree for yummy snacks any... more
Mon, Apr 2 2012 8:08 PM
How sad...though letting them go together sounds like it was for sure the right thing to do. I am so sorry. What a sweet picture of the two of them. Gallup free Jessie and Bullseye.
Mon, Apr 2 2012 8:23 PM
Aw, what a sweet story. I'm so sorry. Gallop free, Jessie and Bullseye. ((hugs))
Fri, Mar 30 2012 10:11 PM
It occurred to me last night when I was driving home and thinking about Sassy that I owe it to her to have the wonderful friends I have here on this forum. It was in 2002 that we adopted her from the SPCA and after a few months of bliss, she and Buffy started fighting. I was completely lost and started researching everything I could get my hands on. My search led me to this dog forum (formerly idog) and a bunch of caring people. My memory isn't great about stuff like this, but I think... more
4.6K views 15 replies 0 likes

Comments

Sun, Mar 18 2012 8:42 PM
miranadobe If this was Facebook, I'd "Like" it a gazillion times. Cathy We all forget -- we DO have a "like" button -- sorta ... look at the top of the thread and there are little stars you can click on to say how much you like the particular thread. You can only vote once but... more
Mon, Mar 19 2012 12:21 PM
Cathy I too came here looking for help with Shadows cancer. He went so fast that most of the advice you all gave me I was not able to implement. I stayed because Callie shared the Rainbow Bridge with me and when I went there you were all so genuine, caring and helped me get through the loss. I have learned... more
Fri, Mar 30 2012 10:11 PM
Hello, Cathy - just stopped by the forum and saw this news. I am so sorry you had to say good-bye to Sassy and wanted to wish you and DH comfort in the tenderness of your memories. She was a lucky girl to be loved by you.
Fri, Mar 23 2012 9:15 AM
I hope that I will find the right words one day to honor Keela like she deserves. She is a special girl that taught me so much, gave me so much...and has left a huge hole in my life and heart. She was my first show dog - a trial to see if I would like it. She was a wonderful, loving pet and show dog - a challenge and a joy. A joy is what I want to remember, all the laughs, her beautiful beautiful head, the sillies, the food begging, the leg lifted for chest scritches pleas, the kisses, the back talking... more
3.6K views 15 replies 0 likes

Comments

Wed, Mar 21 2012 7:46 AM
I am so very sorry ((((Amy)))) - I know Keela is running free and eating all her favorite things now
Wed, Mar 21 2012 5:39 PM
kpwlee .... and eating all her favorite things now I can guarantee you this is making her very happy. I always did call her my little food whore. It's hard to believe it's been a week already..... This is Keela after one of our shows being silly. She likes to scratch her back feet at me, her... more
Fri, Mar 23 2012 9:15 AM
{{{{{AMY}}}}} I'm sure she's being silly while she watches over you! Run fast & free pretty girl!
Tue, Feb 14 2012 1:33 PM
Found my little Inky rabbit dead when I went to feed him this morning. Don't know what happened. I'd had him for 5 1/2 years and not sure of his age when I got him. Hoping it was a heart attack and that he went quick. Hop free little Inky and join up with my other rabbits BeeBop, Patches and Freckles.
5.3K views 16 replies 0 likes

Comments

Sat, Feb 11 2012 6:55 PM
Sorry to hear about Inky bunny. Hop free little one.
Mon, Feb 13 2012 8:41 PM
Thank you everyone for all of your kind words and thoughts. Sorry I never thanked you all sooner.
Tue, Feb 14 2012 1:33 PM
Hop free Inky! Have fun playing in the meadow....tons of clovers to eat there! Say hi to the big, hare looking bunny, Thumper for me!
Mon, Jan 23 2012 8:28 PM
Sabine Contreras, author of The Dog Food Project, and a former member here who so willingly gave us the benefit of her extensive knowledge of canine nutrition posting under the handle Lilian Gallier, has lost her beloved Quigley. Despite the fact that Sabine moved on to start ourdogsonline and other pursuits, in my opinion, Quigley is still a respected idog dog, and deserving of remembrance here for his contributions to our idog family. Rest in peace, sweet little man. Hugs to your mom, who is one... more
2.2K views 9 replies 0 likes

Comments

Mon, Jan 9 2012 10:34 PM
Run free, lil Quigley. I hope it's ok to post this; here's the link that tells what happened: http://www.mordanna.com/quigley/
Mon, Jan 23 2012 8:26 PM
Ah, so sad. I'm just now seeing this. I remember Quigley. Thanks for the link to the story.
Mon, Jan 23 2012 8:28 PM
Run free, Quigley!
Thu, Jan 12 2012 9:40 PM
Our cat Triplet(who we always called Little T) passed on Friday. My husband rushed him to the vet but he died very shortly after getting there. Really, before they had a chance to do anything to him. I'm not sure what happened exactly. The vet said some kind of trauma, probably hit by a car. There was no signs of bites or anything else on his body. But, he was a wonderful, sweet cat. He had a funny walk, he walked really heavy footed, you could hear him coming. He had a very squeaky meow... more
6.4K views 28 replies 0 likes

Comments

Mon, Jan 9 2012 3:03 AM
Thank you so much. I am so happy that he died "ours". The difficult part for me is that I didn't get to say good-bye. I watched him walk down our deck steps into our yard when I let him out, tail up high, and that was the last time I saw him. It happened so quickly, I was too far away at... more
Thu, Jan 12 2012 7:46 PM
Handsome boy! What a great photo of him. I know you wish you could have said goodbye, but all the other loving things you said to him in those 6 months were golden to him...
Thu, Jan 12 2012 9:40 PM
Run free and easy, Triplet.
Fri, Jan 6 2012 6:44 PM
Hi everybody, The old Rainbow Bridge Welcoming Committee thread kept getting lost in the shuffle, and everybody had to go to the last page to keep up the updates, so I figured I'd start a new one. (Mods, if you have any changes or if you'd like me to do something different, please PM or email me) Sierra2002 started this a number of years ago, and I've taken over for her since she's been really busy, but it was her creation and her idea that has helped so many grieving owners know... more
9.6K views 22 replies 0 likes

Comments

Mon, Nov 21 2011 9:32 PM
Gosh, it's really hard to see Buffy in there. Laura, I may be adding my sister's Golden, Zoe, who was helped to cross the Rainbow Bridge today.
Tue, Nov 22 2011 10:58 PM
I finally found a pic of Boo. I still miss my boy so much.
Fri, Jan 6 2012 6:44 PM
Edited to add Mr. Brutus. (what a handsome man!) to pic #4 Sorry it took so long, Amanda, the holidays really kicked my butt!
Mon, Jan 2 2012 5:16 PM
Treva was not my dog, but she was a great dog. She showed my Zoe bug that new dogs are fun and friendly. She also climbed up onto my lap christmas day just to get closer for kisses & scritches. She was sooo sweet. I'm upset that her passing could've been prevented, and door left open, and cars passing. It makes me so upset... Run Free Sweet Treva You showed my puppy how to makes friends and be gentle... You had some of the cutest ears on the planet Run free sweet girl, I'll always... more
2.6K views 14 replies 0 likes

Comments

Sun, Jan 1 2012 12:03 PM
I'm so sorry. Run free, Treva.
Mon, Jan 2 2012 3:06 PM
Run free sweet girl!
Mon, Jan 2 2012 5:16 PM
I'm so sorry :( . Run free Treva.
Thu, Dec 15 2011 10:02 AM
Thank you all for kind thoughts and prayers. Our sweet little guy died at 11:30 pm on his pillow bed; I was right there with him. His body just had too much damage. I am heartbroken, but his suffering is over. What a joy he was!
5.6K views 22 replies 0 likes

Comments

Thu, Dec 15 2011 9:35 AM
I am just seeing this, I am so sorry for your loss. Run free sweet little furr baby!
Thu, Dec 15 2011 9:37 AM
Aw, I'm so sorry. Run free little guy!
Thu, Dec 15 2011 10:02 AM
Oh dear. I'm so sorry. Run free little one!
Wed, Dec 14 2011 11:28 AM
Many of you will remember Chloe. A co-worker fostered her from a local shelter that was doing a remodel in the dog room. Chloe was an old lady dog and was surrendered because she had become an escape artist. Lydia and her husband had a 3 year old lab "Bear" and were in the process of trying to adopt a child. They of course fell in love with Chloe and made her an official member of the family. Shortly after adopting her they received word that they had been chosen as parents for a soon to... more
5.5K views 15 replies 0 likes

Comments

Wed, Dec 7 2011 6:36 PM
Oh sweet Chloe I am so glad you had your bear with you and that you were able to support Maverick and his family through his difficult times AND you got to love and be loved by a wonderful family ((hugs))
Wed, Dec 14 2011 10:57 AM
Run free Chloe! You sure went out in peace and grace....way to go good Bear!!!
Wed, Dec 14 2011 11:28 AM
Thank you Bear for being with her while she made her journey over. Whatagoodboy...I wish I could give you some lovin... Chloe girl...run free and whole again like the pup you once were. You were an angel to watch over Maverick and help him heal. Kisses to you. Enjoy your time at the bridge
Mon, Dec 5 2011 2:43 PM
This might be a weird memorial since it's not for a dog, cat, or other domestic pet, but it made me so sad that I had to post something in their honor. We have a birdhouse hanging at the front of our house. In all the years I've had birdhouses, birds never nested in them. I bought this one 3 years ago strictly for decoration. I got it at a local art fair, and even though the artist says they're fully functional, I figured it would be pretty, although empty. Well, the past two years... more
2.4K views 14 replies 0 likes

Comments

Fri, Dec 2 2011 11:34 PM
That is truly heartbreaking! How awful! :( Fly free little birdies. Each bird species is different on how they attract mates, mate and lay eggs, so hard to say. Is it possible to hang the birdhouse so that the nest hole faces away from the door if it doesn't already? If it was the death of the parents... more
Sun, Dec 4 2011 10:14 PM
Thalie It makes me sad too to think about them all alone, waiting and waiting and waiting for their parents to come back. That's exactly how I feel! Lori, I would've been crying along with you if I had found the baby skunk you found. The first time birds nested there, we were worried about... more
Mon, Dec 5 2011 2:43 PM
You should send you story to Laura Erickson ( www.lauraerickson.com ). Maybe she would have a guess at what happened. I'm wondering if there is a kind of virus or illness that could have been spread to them. Dunno, just a guess.
Mon, Dec 5 2011 10:37 AM
Mocha passed away Monday morning he was 17 years old. He was my first real pet and my heart cat. I can still remember the day I first met him he was in the back of my cousin's car she had caught him running around the local flea market and was in need of a home since he didn't like her or her son. We picked him up a few days later at her mom's house he picked me right away as his. He would lay on my homework to demand to be petted and curl up with me at night him on my shoulder purring... more
2.5K views 12 replies 0 likes

Comments

Sun, Dec 4 2011 10:01 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your loss of Mocha. He was very handsome, with beautiful markings. I'm glad you were able to spend some special time together on Thanksgiving. Even though you weren't living with him full time anymore, I'm sure that he was a very important part of your life and... more
Mon, Dec 5 2011 9:44 AM
Run free, Mocha.... ((((Melinda))))
Mon, Dec 5 2011 10:37 AM
Run free Mocha, hugs to you Melinda.
Thu, Dec 1 2011 1:06 AM
Summer Oct 1998 (gotcha month) until Nov 24 2011. Lost one of our dogs today...very suddenly. She had a good life and was almost 14 but that just doesn't make it any easier. She was doing great and had gone for several long walks the past couple of weeks. She did a 4 mile long walk, on a dog walk for lights on the lake, just last week. She'd had thyroid surgery this spring and perhaps some cells had already started somewhere else. I don't really know what the problem was that caused everything... more
5.3K views 17 replies 0 likes

Comments

Sun, Nov 27 2011 2:14 PM
So very sorry, Maureen. She surely did have a good life with you and while even 14 years isn't enough to have with a much loved pet, you have so many memories of her charming ways and personality that in time you will reflect with smiles instead of tears. Sudden loss like this is hard - be kind to... more
Mon, Nov 28 2011 12:33 PM
Sorry for your loss Maureen. Run free Summer!
Thu, Dec 1 2011 1:06 AM
Maureen, I'm late seeing your thread about Summer, but I wanted to send my belated condolences. Like Cathy posted, we lost our dog after many weeks of failing health, so I guess you could say we were more "prepared" (although the loss is heartbreaking, no matter when or how it happens)... more
Sat, Nov 26 2011 1:32 PM
Tessy crossed over early this morning. I held her and kissed her head as she went! I feel like I lost the other half of my heart today! Slightly depressed over it all! Run fast, free and chase all the balls you want while you wait for me. Sadie will show you around...tell her I love her and miss her also! LOVE YOU SWEETHEART
8.1K views 45 replies 0 likes

Comments

Thu, Nov 24 2011 2:01 PM
nymaureen I don't post a lot on here but do follow things and I know how much you've done for your sweet Tessy and how loved she was. Run free Tessy. Sending comforting thoughts your way. Maureen said just what I was thinking when I saw this - wishing you comfort and solace in your memories of... more
Fri, Nov 25 2011 5:10 PM
Thanks again everybody. It means an awefull lot just reading these messages! I've been missing Tessy too much lately. Everytime I hear of someone losing one of their furkids all the memories come flooding back! Missing you lots Tessy (and Sadie)!
Sat, Nov 26 2011 1:32 PM
I keep trying to type something and just don't know what to say. So, I guess I'll just say thank you for the kind words about Summer and let you know that I'm still sending thoughts your way for the loss of your Tessy.
Thu, Nov 24 2011 2:04 PM
Our dear Grimmy passed last night. He'll have a lengthy entry when we have one fitting
6.4K views 36 replies 0 likes

Comments

Wed, Oct 26 2011 11:50 AM
Run free Grimmy (((HUGS)))
Sun, Nov 6 2011 2:08 PM
I know I'm behind but wanted to add my condolences too. Run free Grimm.
Thu, Nov 24 2011 2:04 PM
So sorry to be late on this and sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how much you miss that sweet face. RIP Grimm; you were well loved.
Thu, Nov 24 2011 1:56 PM
Many know that we agonized many times over the last several months about letting Buffy go. The last few days she showed us that it was time. It was peaceful and I know she knew we loved her enough to let her go. Still, there's nothing harder than coming home without your dear friend. I'll never forget her or how special she was. I find comfort in believing that she is now running free of pain with her BFF Jake. I'm sure he was thrilled to see her and will take good care of her. Run... more
5.4K views 27 replies 0 likes

Comments

Sun, Nov 6 2011 6:38 AM
Cathy, few dogs get homes as good as yours. I know that you did everything you could for Buffy and I'm sure she's a bit surprised to find her puppy ways returning so that she can romp with the rest of the "Welcoming Committee." Someday the head will rest in your lap again...
Sun, Nov 6 2011 8:36 AM
Rest well, sweet Buffy. You had to leave your family but you will live forever in their memories because they love you so very much. I am so very sorry for you and your DH, Cathy.
Thu, Nov 24 2011 1:56 PM
So very sorry to hear this, Cathy - wishing you and DH comfort in many fond memories. Rest well, Buffy; you were dearly loved.
Sun, Nov 13 2011 7:30 PM
*L* was a sweet, gentle pup that I got to watch grow up. She was Jackson's friend at puppy class. *L* had neurological problems and didn't get to see her 2nd birthday. Run free *L*
2.2K views 8 replies 0 likes

Comments

Fri, Nov 11 2011 2:25 PM
Run free, L. I'm sure your were well loved in your too short life.
Sun, Nov 13 2011 7:30 PM
Run Free sweet girl.
Fri, Oct 28 2011 5:34 PM
Bumps collapsed this evening during his nightly walk. He had been sick for a couple days, we thought from the pesticides being sprayed for termites. Ina came running to our door, Maze ran out and lead Angel and Greg to where Bumps had fallen. We tried our best, I did CPR and Angel continued on the way to the vet in the back of the truck but it was too late. I want to thank the e-vet for their help. They did a great job and even remembered us from when I accompanied Ina with Kodi for her shots... more
1.6K views 6 replies 0 likes

Comments

Thu, Oct 27 2011 7:21 PM
I'm so sorry to read this. Run Free Bumps.
Fri, Oct 28 2011 10:12 AM
I am so sorry for your lose.
Fri, Oct 28 2011 5:34 PM
Thanks guys. We buried him Thursday morning in the flower garden. Ina is gonna plant a rose bush on the grave. It was hard but nice at the same time. Sandy tried to help ease tension by digging in the compost... He will spend his afterlife resting on his favorite bed, cuddling in his favorite blanket... more