Health & Grooming

Health & Grooming
13 Year Old Chihuahua/Pomeranian with high liver enzymes. Need more...
Ok so I just recently moved to a new area with my dog, Cody. I had to find a new vet when after a couple weeks of being here he started acting very wobbly. He had lost his appetite and some weight. He seemed very out of it and depressed. He was drinking a lot more water and just didn't seem himself...
  • 12 REPLIES
Milk Thistle or SAMe?
Aesop is currently on meds for his ouchy elbow. On his premed bloodwork his AST and GGT were slightly elevated. (AST barely so and GGT a little higher, but not at all horrible or alarming) The vet gave me a small bottle of Adenosyl to give and we'll retest in another few weeks. There weren't...
  • 14 REPLIES
Ongoing skin issues with our black Labrador - help!
Hi everyone, We are about at our wits end with this situation. We have 3 dogs, a 3-year-old black Lab and 2 Golden Retrievers. The only one of our dogs who has this problem is our Lab, who is our youngest dog. For about a year and a half now, he has been scratching and chewing himself nonstop. It has...
  • 11 REPLIES
great dane with elevated liver enzymes and anemia
hello, I am new to this site so if I post in wrong area, Im sorry. I have an 8 year old Great Dane. He has been not eating well and losing weight. I got him into the vets and they did blood work. It showed elevated liver enzymes and anemia. He also had a high fever. The vet thinks it may be a infection...
  • 2 REPLIES
Lumps in Dogs
My dog developed a lump overnight and a needle biopsy revealed cells with multiple nuclei, which the vet said is a marker for cancer and the lump should be removed. By the date of surgery, the lump was significantly reduced, but removal was still recommended. Test results have come back with no cancer...
  • 1 REPLY
Nail Care
Clipping nails can be tricky. Do you clip your own dog's nails? What type of trimmer to you prefer? The dremel or a regular clipper?
  • 1 REPLY
HELP! Liver enzyme levels are extremely high
Has anyone experienced liver issues in there pet? This is the first time we have had to deal with this. Bentley is 5.5 years old and has never had any health concerns. I noticed he was drinking a lot and began to have accidents in the house. I woke up one morning to find he had peed our bed, and was...
  • 1 REPLY
How I keep my dogs life organized!!!
Hello fellow animal lovers!! My name is Alana, and I am an owner of one beautiful Pekingese-Pomeranian named Kai. If a lot of you are like me and love to keep things organized, then you are probably going crazy trying to organize all the vet files, dates for next appointments, flavors of the last food...
  • 0 REPLY
Matted Fur
Is it OK if get Kiera's matted fur shaved? :( It's all over her body.
  • 4 REPLIES
Loss of Appetite and coughing after Spaying
My dog got spayed this past Tuesday, so about 3 days ago and she seems to be drowsy a lot,she has no appetite to eat but I hear her stomach growling, and she's coughing. I am worried, I don't know if this is normal and if so how long will it last or what can I do to make her feel better.
  • 2 REPLIES
stopped up Boxer
So my vet diagnosed my boxed with IBD. She doesn't have the normal diarrhea, she goes the other way and gets stopped up and then sick to her stomach. Any else have a dog like this? It usually happens when she is over excited. I need some guidance on how to keep her going regulatory. She takes a pepcid...
  • 2 REPLIES
National Chip Your Pet Month
May is National Chip your Pet Month. Do you think that microchipping your dog is necessary practice? Share your opinions below!
  • 1 REPLY
My recent video discussion of Patella Luxation in dogs
http://grahamdvm.wix.com/grahamdvm#!Patella-Luxation-in-Dogs/c1sbz/4FC9E773-11F9-458C-8DE3-1DE019AF0AE9
  • 0 REPLY
Ruptured Anterior (Cranial) Cruciate Ligament
This is what Abby has, and will need surgery. I have to think on this for a bit. If anyone has had a dog that went through this, I would love to hear about it. Abby is 8 yrs old and weighs 15 lbs.
  • 13 REPLIES
My newest video! a discussion of hip dysplasia in dogs!
http://grahamdvm.wix.com/grahamdvm#!Hip-Dysplasia-in-Dogs/c1sbz/5550e9c40cf21fee138065a4
  • 0 REPLY
@AlyssaKim -- email me please
@AlyssaKim I can't reply to your PM you sent me. If you see this PLEASE email me at callieatcritturs@yahoo.com and I'll try to help you.
  • 0 REPLY
where do i find a good kennel for french bulldog
i am looking for pure blood with certification french bulldog. if you know please help !
  • 0 REPLY
Red & Swollen Toes
My Bichon Frise has two red & swollen toes. He licks them constantly. I noticed it yesterday but he tends to lick a lot so I thought nothing of it. Today they are swollen, but he doesn't seem to be in pain when I touch them. What should I do? Is there anything I can do at home?
  • 2 REPLIES
Ending April
A few pictures
  • 0 REPLY
Sarcoptic Mange... Everything I read is just contradicting itself
April 2, 2015 one nice while playing with my dog I noticed she had a light spot on the top of her head, I go into examine it and notice she balding... She has had scabs on her ear since we adopted her from the shelter... My first thought was that it might have been dry skin from over bathing, my husband...
  • 0 REPLY