HELP! Liver enzyme levels are extremely high

• Puppy

HELP! Liver enzyme levels are extremely high

Has anyone experienced liver issues in there pet?  This is the first time we have had to deal with this.  Bentley is 5.5 years old and has never had any health concerns.  I noticed he was drinking a lot and began to have accidents in the house.  I woke up one morning to find he had peed our bed, and was laying in it.  It seemed as though a elephant had peed the bed there was that much.  It was the color of betadine and he was jaundiced.  I took him in to the ER and they did a ultrasound and blood work and found that his ALP and ALT was 1,000 over the number they should be.  His bilirubin was extremely high also.  After 4 weeks on multiple antibiotics, and denamarin his bilirubin numbers are almost normal and he is no longer jaundice, but his ALP is going back up as well as his ALT.  One big concern I have is his cholesterol level rose  from 124 to 860.  ugh. I know this is a lot of information but, I just don't know what to do.  I have already spent over 3,000.  to help him, and the internalist is now suggesting a liver biopsy at the cost of an additional 3,000.  ugh.... feeling scared for my little guy.  

Can anyone shed some light on this?

• Gold Top Dog

This almost sounds toxin related -- do you have a lawn service??  Had fertilizer or pesticides sprayed near your home?  If the white cells were so high that it sounded like infection ... have they investigated auto-immune/immune-=mediated problems??  Was he anemic at any time during this?

When the cholesterol rises if certain kidney numbers are high it can also mean renal problems.  Of course in a short post it's hard to know what the vet has done ... but can I ask where you are located??  If it were liver cancer I wouldn't think the liver numbers would come down radically.