How to naturally remove tick from dogs?

• Puppy

How to naturally remove tick from dogs?

Hi,I'm Chris, I'm new here, I am a volunteer for an animal rescue charity org here in Cebu, Philippines. I rescued 2 dogs the 2 days ago from a homeowner whose house got burned down in one of the slums here, she called me to collect her dogs but the poor things are riddled with fleas and their fur is all matted. Due to no budget I'm looking at ways to save money. does anyone know of any home remedies to remove fleas without buying materials or chemicals, maybe a home made natural medication or methods that can be used which are inexpensive, unfortunately 'Brownie and Fluffy' got slightly burnt in the fire also which is another reason I don't want to put any chemicals on them and Fluffy is also pregnant so i need to be extra careful. any thoughts or ideas please let me know, thanks

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

HI, thanks for looking to us for help. You can put petrolieum jelly or vasaline over the tick that keeps them breathing and they will back out, but you need to keep an eye ont them, you can use a tweezer but you have to be very careful. You may want to get them tested for lime disease just to be safe. Sadly after fleas there are usually worms. You may need to get a dewormer for the dogs too. Please keep me posted and good luck.

• Puppy

Thanks Michele68 for the info i give that a go (I'll keep you posted if petrolieum jelly or vaseline worked),  because our cause is so small we cannot always buy medical supplies (dewormer) or bringing them to a vet right now, the prices of VETs in Cebu is much cheaper than the USA and we actually asked for some great discounts with some vets here so we can get vets very cheap compared to other countries but still our budget is very limited. our donations we collect are just locally in Cebu and many people here don't have the money or they simply don't care in the fist place which is sad. anyway we have some great volunteers and we have God on our side to look after us.