Forum

Rainbow Bridge

The Rainbow Bridge is the theme of a work of poetic prose written some time between 1980 and 1992, whose original creator is unknown. The theme is of an other-worldly place to which a pet goes upon its death, eventually to be reunited with its owner.
Forum
R.I.P. BabyCat <3
I don't know what happened to BabyCat she's been healthy never had any health problems other than a broken tooth, and this morning at 5 I found her dead. Only thing I can guess is maybe she got bit by a spider. I feel bad because she was laying like that since Sunday night. I thought she was...
  • 5 REPLIES
It Has Been 10 Years
It is so hard to be believe but it was 10 years ago today, Oct. 16, 2003 that my precious Hunter was lost to AIHA and liver damage caused by his ProHeart6 injection. He was only 4 years, 2 months old. He fought hard for 8 days in ICU, but couldn't beat them both. When the biopsy report came back...
  • 5 REPLIES
Run Free Sweet Shadow
On Thursday, August 22nd, Shadow joined Thor, Sheba and Tyler at the Rainbow Bridge. Shadow acted like his normal, goofy self. He was eating well, eliminating just fine, and always up for a jaunt. That morning he declined breakfast which is totally not Shadow. When I stopped home around 12:30 I bumped...
  • 6 REPLIES
A tribute to a dog lover 08-22-13
I met this lady on a Newf mix rescue group. She was very active in rescue. She was noted to be a incredibly good person in general. I dont know much about her passing but I do know she will be over the bridge running thru the meadows with all our furr babies. http://carboncountynews.com/content/susan...
  • 1 REPLY
Old Man Dipstick
We helped Dipstick across yesterday after a week of his owner not sure, she finally realised that this was best. His last day with us was filled with all the pasta he could eat, trip to the beach for rock fishing (which he wasn't allowed to do for many years due to him shattering his front teeth...
  • 10 REPLIES
Run Free Sweet Pea
Sweet Pea was a mix that was adopted by a co-worker, a cat person, :) . This little girl wormed her way into their hearts and all the girls at the main office. Sweet Pea was a regular visitor. She had pancreatitus, in this last year and this last month started having seizures. Tuesday morning she woke...
  • 6 REPLIES
RIP Sweet Sinbad
Kate will give more details in the next few days, for now, it is with great sadness that I report that she had Sinbad at the vet today for is acupuncture appointment and because one of his legs had swelled. At first they found nothing ominous but after leaving there and running some errands with him...
  • 26 REPLIES
RIP Cousin D (shadowsgin)
My hubby's cousin was killed tragically last week due to a senseless domestic situation. I wanted to post this at the Bridge because I know this is where she is. Cousin D was only 49 years old, not married, no children of her own but helped raise and take care of many 4 legged friends in her...
  • 16 REPLIES
Brown, 1999-May 18, 2013
I'm so, so sad to say this, but this morning, we had to bring Brown to the vet to have him euthanized. Yesterday, any time we tried helping him up, he lost control of his bladder. It happened so fast. I watched him throughout the night, and he never let us get him out of his bed. He started to pant...
  • 18 REPLIES
My Beautiful Daisy 7-29-1996 - 3-14-2013
Thursday night I had to put Daisy down. I don't know what happened she was fine all day and around 8 pm had her outside brought her in and she went in the living room and just laid there I went over to her and she was breathing heavy and looked bloated. I picked her up and sat in the recliner for...
  • 16 REPLIES
Abe passed away on Saturday night.
We took Abe in last Tuesday because he was refusing to eat. He had been kind of picky lately and having diarrehea. We had added the pumpkin to his food as suggested by several people here and that helping his bowel movements firm up. Once they sent the blood work off to A&M we received news of pancreatitis...
  • 10 REPLIES
Lost my Miss Avery cat
I'm right there now along with others of you who have recently lost a pet. I let my sweet Miss Avery cat go today. I'll so miss her laying next to me and reaching her little paw up and gently touching my face, wanting a pet from me. If I'd ignore it, the next time it would be just a bit harder...
  • 9 REPLIES
Blaze has gone to the Bridge
Some of you may already know this, but last week DH and I said goodbye to our “Granny” Blaze. I'm a little behind in letting you all know, but I just couldn't find the words for a few days. We were hoping to be able to wait until the end of Spring so that we could spend some more time w/ her...
  • 14 REPLIES
Saying farewell to my sweet Java baby
My protector of 16 years... I went out for half an hour yesterday and came home to find her bleeding from her nose and mouth. Rushed her to the Vet where the prognosis did not appear to be good, so we helped her cross the Bridge to be with Winnie, Biscotti and her Dad. She had several other issues going...
  • 20 REPLIES
Georgia's Summer Breeze
It will be 5 months on December 30, since I kissed that soft little doggy tummy goodbye. Georgia's Summer Breeze went to the Rainbow Bridge on July 30, 2012. She had IMHA. She put up a brave fight for nearly two years. Because of the immuno-suppressant drugs, she contracted Aspergillosis which...
  • 8 REPLIES