Forum

Rainbow Bridge

The Rainbow Bridge is the theme of a work of poetic prose written some time between 1980 and 1992, whose original creator is unknown. The theme is of an other-worldly place to which a pet goes upon its death, eventually to be reunited with its owner.
Forum
Run free, Twister
Early this morning we helped Twister cross the Bridge. My heart is broken.
  • 28 REPLIES
Miss Tango....
Tango died tonight while laying at my feet... I'll write more when it's less raw..
  • 8 REPLIES
We will miss our friend Duke - shadowsgin
[URL=http://s249.beta.photobucket.com/user/shadowsgin/media/DSCN0040.jpg.html][IMG]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg203/shadowsgin/th_DSCN0040.jpg[/IMG][/URL] We dont know how old you were, we dont know where you came from, but we do know that you will be missed by us all. Duke showed up in our community...
  • 5 REPLIES
Tyler has joined Thor and Sheba at the Bridge
He has been fine...or acted like he was. But, he's been sad since we lost Sheba and just not his bouncey self. He's been going more places with me since he missed her so much and pouting like a champ when he couldn't go. Last night he had some tummy upset. He collapsed downstairs, just lost...
  • 32 REPLIES
Rest In Peace KitKat 11/22/12
I feel so horrible I was asleep when this happened to her I went outside and found her 2 dogs got ahold of her KitKat was a stray that has stayed in front of my house for 6 years I loved her just as if she was my cat I am so heartbroken that she had to die a horrible death she was the sweetest cat she...
  • 12 REPLIES
In honor of sweet Shelby
Yesterday I got an email about a sweet golden from HB named Shelby. Shelby had been at HB for over a year. She had behavioral issues that made her unadoptable but she was also one of the sweetest dogs you could meet. Two of our most fervent volunteers, a couple named Chris and Steve, took it on themselves...
  • 12 REPLIES
RIP Kitten
Our neighborhood kitty was assisted to the Bridge today. Kitten (also known as Kramer) had been left by someone years ago and become semi-"wild". She then adopted a couple of homes and gradually grew to trust us.She never wanted to come inside, instead braving the elements year-round. Run free...
  • 11 REPLIES
Run Free Jackson
At 10am this morning, Jackson was sent to the Rainbow Bridge. I'm too raw to add more now. Susan
  • 15 REPLIES
I dont know how I'll do it without you Kobe.
Kobe crossed over the bridge yesterday to meet up with our Rogue. He would have been 13 Jan 4 He was our first puppy, our first dog as a couple and adults. He taught us so much about love and dogs and life. I can not begin to express how much he will be missed. [IMG]http://i1182.photobucket.com...
  • 14 REPLIES
My Dearest Romeo
The anniversary of the day I lost my baby is coming up and even though it's been years it feels like months. My Romeo was a special dog. I know everyone thinks that of their dogs but he really was. Everyone that met him loved him. He was so just so sweet u couldn't help but love him. He never...
  • 1 REPLY
Pancake, the sweetest baby.
I want to let everyone know about a special bullie named Pancake. She was born on July 6, 2010. I fell in love the first time I saw her. Right then and there I knew I would have done anything for her. I still remember the first day I brought her home like it was yesterday. She got real comfortable with...
  • 13 REPLIES
Lexi
We let Lexi go today. Congestive Heart Failure. She was 13 years, 3 months and 27 days old. I knew her since she was 2 weeks old- it was the longest wait till I could bring her home! She's been through thick and thin with me. I adore her- always will. She was a true best friend. OXXXXOOXXXOOO see...
  • 21 REPLIES
Leni the airport dog
Leni belonged to a friend of mine. He (Leni) crossed over the Bridge on Thursday Aug 23rd from cancer. Here's a story about him: http://www.themorningsun.com/article/20120506/LIFE11/120509765/leni-is-canine-ambassador-at-mt-pleasant-municipal-airport Run free, Leni. You were well-loved by everyone...
  • 4 REPLIES
My beautiful Ben
We had to find a new home for my cat in 1997 as my mom was very allergic towards him. A couple of weeks later my dad wants to get me a labby so I called the SPCA to see if they had any labby type dogs and they said a Lab X Newfoundland had just been brought in so we went immediately and took our Dobermann...
  • 3 REPLIES
Two island dogs went to the Bridge today
I just found out two of our beloved island dogs went to the Bridge today. They were both seniors (and I think both were rescue dogs) and had lived with their human families year-round on the island for years. I know their families miss them so much, especially the children. Run free, sweet pups, and...
  • 11 REPLIES