Brown, 1999-May 18, 2013

Rainbow Bridge

The Rainbow Bridge is the theme of a work of poetic prose written some time between 1980 and 1992, whose original creator is unknown. The theme is of an other-worldly place to which a pet goes upon its death, eventually to be reunited with its owner.
    • Gold Top Dog

Brown, 1999-May 18, 2013

I'm so, so sad to say this, but this morning, we had to bring Brown to the vet to have him euthanized. Yesterday, any time we tried helping him up, he lost control of his bladder. It happened so fast. I watched him throughout the night, and he never let us get him out of his bed. He started to pant heavily. I prayed that he would go in his sleep, but when I checked on him early this morning, he popped his head up immediately. He still wouldn't move, but he never lost his appetite and never stopped wanting our attention. I'm so sad to see him go. He was 14, and we adopted him in 2001. I miss him already.
    • Gold Top Dog
    I've been following your thread about Brown.  You gave him the best care possible right up to the end.  I'm sure the years he enjoyed with you were filled with love and he'll always be in your heart.   Hugs to you and your family.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Marlania -- I am so very sorry. You did all you could and Brown knew that. Absolutely nothing helps that raw open place today, but know we are with you and we all understand. *hugs*
    • Gold Top Dog
    Marlania I'm so sorry. I remember you and Brown and your other critters from way back. You certainly were and still are very excellent critter parents. Brown received all the love and care that all good pups deserve. My thoughts are with you. RIP Brown.
    • Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog
    Run free sweet Brown :(

I am so sorry to see this, lots of hugs, I know we all feel your loss

• Gold Top Dog
    Marlania - I'm so very sorry for your loss. There are no words that offer much comfort at a time like this but know that we have been through this and understand how heartbreaking it is. (((Hugs))) Run free Brown
    • Gold Top Dog

I'm so sorry. Run free, sweet face boy. ((hugs))

• Gold Top Dog

Marlania, I'm so sorry.  Like others said, you did everything you could to help Brown.  I understand how heartbreaking it is to make the decision you had to make, especially when our beloved dogs are still interested in eating and accepting our affection.  It's such a painful situation, but so many of us have been through something similar and offer our sincere support to you and your household.

The coming days and weeks will be very hard as you find yourself at a loss for what to do with the time that had been so focused on Brown and his needs -- it's like being in a fog.  I hope each day you feel a little less sad and that your memories of Brown wrap you up as you grieve for him.

Run free, sweet Brown.  You're strong and healthy again, running with friends at the Bridge.  Watch over your family as they adjust to your absence.  Hugs to you, Marlania.

• Gold Top Dog
    Thanks everyone. What's coincidental about all of this is that yesterday afternoon, a friend called to say she caught someone dumping a dog and took a picture of their license plate. She told me where the dog was, so within 30 minutes of being dumped, I picked him up. He's a Tree Walker Coonhound. People here use them to hunt deer. Anyway, I gave him Browns's collar and kennel until we figure out what to do with him. Addisen already named him Junior. It's like he came in as Brown was going out.
    • Gold Top Dog

I am sorry for your loss.  No matter how long they are with us, no matter if it is quick or if we know the end is near, it is never easy.

Perhaps Brown sent Junior your way as he knew of a good place for doggies to stay.

• Gold Top Dog

((((( Marlania)))); I can't tell you how sorry I am about Brown. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

• Gold Top Dog
    I am so sorry to hear your news about Brown. It is never easy, that's for sure. It does seem Junior was sent your way so help the transition.
    • Gold Top Dog
    I'm definitely sad and already miss him but not devastated like I thought I'd be. Maybe it's because I have a large hound baying in my face. He sounds like an air horn. I'm going to order Brown a gravestone with his picture and whatnot. Any site recommendations for that?
    • Gold Top Dog

I'm very sorry for your loss.  (((Hugs))) from Ava and me.

• Gold Top Dog

(((Marlania)))

Run free Brown...