RIP Sweet Sinbad

Rainbow Bridge

The Rainbow Bridge is the theme of a work of poetic prose written some time between 1980 and 1992, whose original creator is unknown. The theme is of an other-worldly place to which a pet goes upon its death, eventually to be reunited with its owner.
    • Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

RIP Sweet Sinbad

Kate will give more details in the next few days, for now, it is with great sadness that I report that she had Sinbad at the vet today for is acupuncture appointment and because one of his legs had swelled. At first they found nothing ominous but after leaving there and running some errands with him, he declined very swiftly. They went back to the vet for an ultrasound and they found a mass on his spleen that had metastasized to his liver. There were other complications and it was time.

So our sweet rescued Sinbad is at the Bridge. Kate & Mozey are missing him terribly. I feel like I knew him through Kate and my heart is broken for her. He was so happy & sweet, her little bouncing, crab leg-eating buddy.

I know Kate needs our hugs and vibes. She gave him a fabulous life, knowing all along she wouldn't have a long time with him.

Anything I can do Kate, anything. Hugs from me and obsessive kisses and tail whips from the Beast

• Gold Top Dog

Oh my, so sudden, that is hard to accept.  Sending prayers for Kate and Mozey for peace with this decision.  Sounds like it was the right thing to do.

RIP Sinbad, have a blast at RB.

• Gold Top Dog
    Thanks for letting us know Karen. Kate - I'm so very sorry and sad to hear about Sinbad and know how shocking and heartbreaking this can be. We're here for you to lean on, cry with or whatever you need. I wish I could do more but know that I have you in my thoughts and prayers. (((Hugs))) Run free Sinbad. I know some special dogs and humans who will be very happy to greet you and show you around.
    • Gold Top Dog
    OH I feel like my heart stopped. I just talked to her ... she was concerned it might have been a bite or similiar ... we were both glad she had the vet appointment scheduled already.

On one hand -- how wonderful that there wasn't months of feeling bad but on the other how sudden and heart-wrenching.

There just aren't words ... Kate, I understand how you feel ... I lost Billy so suddenly too, but in retrospect I was always so glad there hadn't been prolonged suffering.

Billy and Frisby met him ... Billy was all ready to show him that place where it rains tennis balls every afternoon ... But for sure, Sinbad had to check out where the River of Life flows under the Bridge ... and I know he had to check out to see if there were any "boats to the mainland".

Rest easy Sinbad ... you had SUCH a good place to land with Kate ... but tell Fris all about everyting. Trust me -- the food's really good up there too!

Candles Page (I can't make this a clickable link in Chrome -- maybe someone else can?)

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=idog
    • Gold Top Dog

Oh no --- I just came over to turn the laptop off and the main forum page was still open.  When my eyes fell on this thread title, my heart sank.  Thanks for letting us know, Karen.

Kate, nothing I can say will help ease your pain.  Whether it's a sudden loss or after a prolonged illness, the huge hole left behind is the same, and it creates the same ache and grief.  I'm glad you have Mozey beside you -- I'm sure she will feel his absence, too, and may you bring comfort to each other.

From all your posts, I've always imagined your dogs enjoying an idyllic island life with you.  Sinbad was a lucky boy to find his way to your home.  I hope it brings you comfort to imagine him enjoying the Bridge with old and new friends.  And know that he'll always be with you in spirit; nothing can change that.

Sending loads of cyber hugs to you from across the miles.  I'll go to bed now thinking of all of you.  Run free, Sinbad.  Watch for a quiet and gentle Bullmastiff, Tonka . . . he will know where the best shady spots for snoozing are.  And he never met or ate a crab, so you can tell him many crab stories!  Watch over your Mom and Mozey as they adjust to your absence.

• Gold Top Dog

((((Kate))))

• Gold Top Dog

I am so sorry, Kate.  Run free, Sinbad!

• Gold Top Dog

((((( Kate )))))

Run free good boy.

Deb W.

• Gold Top Dog

Such sad news :(

I'm sorry Kate, I know you're heartbroken.  (((hugs)))

• Gold Top Dog
    Oh my, poor Kate. So sorry to hear about Sinbad :(
    • Gold Top Dog

((((Kate))))

• Gold Top Dog
    Kate, I am so sorry to hear about Sinbad.  My heart goes out to you.  He will always be with you in spirit filling your heart.  Many hugs to you.  And, run fast and free, Sweet Sinbad.  Broken Heart
    • Gold Top Dog

So very sorry for the loss of Sinbad. (((hugs)))

• Gold Top Dog

Oh no! I'm so sorry. Run free, handsome face boy. Broken Heart

((hugs)) and loving Rupey nuzzles are on the way.

• Gold Top Dog
    Run free sweet Sinbad! ((((KATE))))