It Has Been 10 Years

Rainbow Bridge

The Rainbow Bridge is the theme of a work of poetic prose written some time between 1980 and 1992, whose original creator is unknown. The theme is of an other-worldly place to which a pet goes upon its death, eventually to be reunited with its owner.
    • Gold Top Dog

It Has Been 10 Years

It is so hard to be believe but it was 10 years ago today, Oct. 16, 2003 that my precious Hunter was lost to AIHA and liver damage caused by his ProHeart6 injection.  He was only 4 years, 2 months old.  He fought hard for 8 days in ICU, but couldn't beat them both.  When the biopsy report came back on his liver, "drug induced necrosis of the liver"

He was such a gentle sweet boy.  He love the grandkids.  I would put Beki on a blanket on the floor and he would bring his toys and put them on there for her to play with and then lay next to her.  Zack hugged him, sat on him, played with him and he loved it.  We were actually going to start therapy dog classes when this happened.  My vet said he would be the perfect therapy dog bcause of his gentleness, wanting to share,

Ten years and I still miss my "Wampi" as I called him.  We had a game he loved to play.  When I would be making the bed he would get on it and sit and then raise up and put his paws on my shoulders.  I would race around to the other side, buthe would beat me there and repeat.

Also, every night he would race to the bed and get on my pillow and watch me.  I would put my hands on my hips and say "Wampi, move" and he would move to the center of the bed.  One thing, he always had to sleep on the side where my face was.  If I rolled over, he would cross over me.  Love and miss you my beautiful boy.

• Gold Top Dog

((((( Sandra ))))); He was very special.

• Gold Top Dog

I remember -- I went thru that whole week with you (we were both on All Pets at that time) & I remember how hard you tried.  Rest easy, Sweet Hunter!

• Gold Top Dog

Sandra, I can only imagine how it feels to lose a dog that way -- when we put our trust in professionally prescribed and produced medications, we expect them to keep our dogs healthy.  

I know you speak often of Hunter and even though it's been 10 years, I'm sure it feels like yesterday to you.  In January, it will be 8 years since we lost Tonka, and I can still get emotional thinking about that heartbreaking time, so I don't think the pain ever truly goes away.  But, it's nice that we can share happy, special memories like the ones you described, and those are what we keep close in our heart forever.

• Gold Top Dog

MY Gosh, It doesn't seem like it was almost 8 years ago y ou lost y our Tonka.  I remember that sad event.  I guess when we get older time does go by faster.  And yes, they are always in the thoughts, even at the back for a few hours or even days.  But something always bring the memories out.

• Gold Top Dog

((Sandra))