My Beautiful Daisy 7-29-1996 - 3-14-2013

Rainbow Bridge

The Rainbow Bridge is the theme of a work of poetic prose written some time between 1980 and 1992, whose original creator is unknown. The theme is of an other-worldly place to which a pet goes upon its death, eventually to be reunited with its owner.
    • Gold Top Dog

My Beautiful Daisy 7-29-1996 - 3-14-2013

Thursday night I had to put Daisy down.  I don't know what happened she was fine all day and around 8 pm had her outside brought her in and she went in the living room and just laid there I went over to her and she was breathing heavy and looked bloated.  I picked her up and sat in the recliner for a second in hopes she would start feeling better.  I took her into the kitchen to see if she would drink water but she couldn't get up so I called the vets office and no one picked up so I called another vet because her gums were so pale and white I knew she was going to die.  The other vets said she had no one on call and there was two emergency vets I could take her to which is more then 45 mins away so I just put her in the car and was heading to the one in Ocala.

On the way my vets office called so I brought her in there and the vet said that she either had a mass or tumor that is bleeding out and he could give her sometime with blood transfusions but I had him put her down.  I feel so horrible.  I was going to put her down in January but I couldn't go through with it for my own selfish reason.  All this time was worried about her having trouble walking when there was something else wrong with her.  I don't know how it wasn't caught I have had xrays done on her and nothing showed up.  By time I got her to the vet he said her heart was giving out and that she had a bad heart murmur I have known about the heart murmur since she was a puppy but every vet we have been to said it was nothing to worry about that it wasn't bad.  How was this all missed??? As many times as I've rushed her to the vets why wasn't this caught??  I was so focused on helping her walk I even started her on laser treatments to help her walk but she had something worse going on.  

I'm devastated I miss her so much.  I thought I could save her she started to gain weight I started to cook for her getting her the laser treatments blood work was good.  I don't know what happened she was fine all day she was fine while she was outside and then boom she was breathing heavy and bloated.

My beautiful unique Daisy had fight up until the end when the vet went to give her the needle she tried to bite him, she was my tough girl.  I had you since you were 6 weeks old you fit into the palm of my hand you were beautiful and special, you had a way about yourself, you never took anything from anyone you did things your own way or you wouldn't do them. You were the boss.  I will love you forever and I am so sorry I hope you can forgive me.  I hope when you got to that rainbow bridge Princess was waiting for you I'm sure Princess was happy to have her best friend back.  

My heart hurts for you so hard walking around the house and not seeing you hard not seeing you laying in the kitchen waiting for your food.  I miss being woken up in the middle of the night by hearing you bang on my door and the bathroom door.  I miss going into your room and checking on you. I miss rocking you in the recliner, I miss picking you up and kissing you even though you growled at me each time I would kiss you. I miss saying Daisy Waisy Pokey Okie My Favoritest Artichokey. 

You were the heart and soul of this house.  I still can't believe your gone.  I hope you know how much I love you and will always love you. 

I LOVE YOU ALWAYS!!!!
    • Gold Top Dog
    I'm so sorry.  ((((hugs))))
    • Gold Top Dog
    I'm so sorry. Run free, Daisy. ((hugs))
    • Gold Top Dog
    My deepest sympathy -- *hugs*
    • Gold Top Dog

Daisy has been a big part of your life and of your family, for many many years.  Give yourself time to grieve.

I really don't think anything was 'missed' as such.  X-rays show bone, not soft tissue, so a mass would not necessarily be seen.  Cancers can be stealthy and suddenly when the body is overwhelmed they suddenly grow rapidly.  And, as far as I know, we do not yet have a blood test which will detect a cancer, so that was why her labs looked good for the laser treatments.

Daisy brought so much joy to you, and she lived  a great life.  Hold on to those memories at this difficult time.  I am sorry for your loss.

• Gold Top Dog
    I'm so sorry to hear about Daisy. Rest in Peace pretty girl.
    • Gold Top Dog
    I feel your pain. I just lost my sweet Abernathy last week and our house seems like something is missing. I am truly sorry for your loss.
    • Gold Top Dog

I'm so sorry for your loss, Daisy will be missed. run free to the bridge Daisy.  Hugs for you.

• Gold Top Dog

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss of Daisy.  She was a special, sweet girl -- lots of people had a soft spot for her. 

She was with you such a long time, I'm sure the adjustment to the space she left behind will be very hard.  But hopefully it gives you comfort to imagine her reunited with her best friend, her sight resumed, feeling strong and agile again.  You've got a special guardian angel now.

Run free, Miss Daisy!

• Gold Top Dog
    I'm so very sorry for your loss. Run free Daisy.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Run free Daisy.  See all the beautiful meadows over the bridge
    • Gold Top Dog

Run free, Daisy--there's no pain at the Bridge and it doesn't matter whether or not you can see!

(((hugs)))

• Gold Top Dog

She had a long and wonderful life with you...run free sweet Daisy.

• Gold Top Dog

((((Hugs))))

Run free, Daisy...

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

I am so sorry for your loss (((hugs)))

Daisy run free and fast at the Bridge! I bet you are enjoying yourself already