Sun, Mar 17 2013 12:57 PM
We took Abe in last Tuesday because he was refusing to eat. He had been kind of picky lately and having diarrehea. We had added the pumpkin to his food as suggested by several people here and that helping his bowel movements firm up. Once they sent the blood work off to A&M we received news of pancreatitis and that it was a chronic case. That means my angel had been suffering for a while and I didn't know. This kills me inside. I had taken him a few months ago because he kept losing weight... more
4.8K views 10 replies 0 likes

Comments

Sat, Mar 16 2013 8:31 PM
kennys_mom On Sunday afternoon after we came home from church, I heard a beep on our home answering machine message. It was the female vet Shelli saying that Abe had passed away on Saturday evening. He was also unaware that Dr.Shelli contacted us in that manner and seemed very caught off guard. That... more
Sun, Mar 17 2013 11:38 AM
I'm so sorry to hear of your heartbreaking loss of sweet Abe. Although I know the profound grief of having lost a beloved dog, I can't imagine the added layer of pain you must be feeling after being given the news in such a thoughtless, appalling manner. That was totally unacceptable. I suppose... more
Sun, Mar 17 2013 12:57 PM
I'm so very sorry for your loss. It takes time, sometimes a lot of time, to feel that the happy memories are replacing the heartbreak. (((Hugs))) Run free Abe.
Thu, Mar 14 2013 11:21 PM
I'm right there now along with others of you who have recently lost a pet. I let my sweet Miss Avery cat go today. I'll so miss her laying next to me and reaching her little paw up and gently touching my face, wanting a pet from me. If I'd ignore it, the next time it would be just a bit harder, until I'd finally give in and pet her. She also used to do the paw thing for a totally different reason. When our Summer girl, who we lost in 2011, would be on the couch, in the spot Miss Avery... more
3.3K views 9 replies 0 likes

Comments

Thu, Mar 14 2013 12:25 PM
Run free Miss Avery. I like the image Tracy painted w/ Summer suddenly feeling familiar taps. So sweet.
Thu, Mar 14 2013 12:57 PM
Awww so sorry for your loss. Run free Miss Avery
Thu, Mar 14 2013 11:21 PM
tacran I'm imagining Summer relaxing at the Bridge somewhere and suddenly feeling a familiar tap -- Miss Avery letting her know she's there and that she has to share her favorite spots again! Hopefully Shelby will be a bit more cooperative with her, too. Tracy -- you're right there with me... more
Thu, Mar 14 2013 12:26 PM
Some of you may already know this, but last week DH and I said goodbye to our “Granny” Blaze. I'm a little behind in letting you all know, but I just couldn't find the words for a few days. We were hoping to be able to wait until the end of Spring so that we could spend some more time w/ her and she could get some warm sunshine, but it didn’t work out that way. There was no one big issue, like cancer, that brought us to this point, though in some ways that may have made it easier. But she... more
3.7K views 14 replies 0 likes

Comments

Wed, Mar 13 2013 11:38 AM
miranadobe Oh, man, I knew without looking exactly which Blaze this was. I'm sorry for your loss, Steph. Please please don't beat yourself up over how she was raised. Consider instead that she came to you maybe to help take care of you. Maybe she was just a guide along your path to becoming the... more
Wed, Mar 13 2013 6:25 PM
((( hugs ))) Run free sweet girl; you were loved very much.
Thu, Mar 14 2013 12:26 PM
Thank you everyone. I have been back through these posts several times, and they do make me feel just a little better and sometimes a little teary.
Tue, Mar 12 2013 12:38 PM
My protector of 16 years... I went out for half an hour yesterday and came home to find her bleeding from her nose and mouth. Rushed her to the Vet where the prognosis did not appear to be good, so we helped her cross the Bridge to be with Winnie, Biscotti and her Dad. She had several other issues going on also, and we knew it was just a matter of time. My heart is broken, though.... She was adopted as a puppy by my Marine Corps son. They both came to live with us for a few years when he was discharged... more
6.7K views 20 replies 0 likes

Comments

Mon, Feb 25 2013 8:43 AM
Run free Java... (((Marty)))
Mon, Feb 25 2013 5:11 PM
Marty I am just seeing this, I am so sorry for your loss. 16 years what a long loving life she had. Java I can certainly understand how you were a Bassett in your heart. I have had a Rottie (Bear) and a Terrier (Lady) who thought they were Bassetts too. Run free sweet Java, I am sure you will find... more
Tue, Mar 12 2013 12:38 PM
(((Marty))) I just saw this today. I imagine Java having lots of fun squirrel hunting with plenty of Bassett buddies.
Sat, Feb 2 2013 2:29 PM
It will be 5 months on December 30, since I kissed that soft little doggy tummy goodbye. Georgia's Summer Breeze went to the Rainbow Bridge on July 30, 2012. She had IMHA. She put up a brave fight for nearly two years. Because of the immuno-suppressant drugs, she contracted Aspergillosis which attacked her bones. She she died while we were visiting my family in California. She loved it there. Summer was Diagnosed December 2010. She died from a secondary infection. She was my best... more
3K views 8 replies 0 likes

Comments

Thu, Jan 3 2013 2:52 PM
A beautiful tribute for a beautiful girl. I know you are already enjoying the meadows and springs. Give my boy Shadow a snuggle for me.
Sat, Jan 19 2013 5:52 PM
Thank you all...This forum has helped me more than you know. It helped me through he illness, and the grief.
Sat, Feb 2 2013 2:29 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure Summer had a wonderful life with you. Yes, I believe we will be with our beloved pets again. They are with us sometimes for such a brief moment in time, but we will never forget the love that we shared with them. RIP beautiful Summer.
Tue, Jan 1 2013 11:41 AM
Early this morning we helped Twister cross the Bridge. My heart is broken.
6.9K views 28 replies 0 likes

Comments

Mon, Dec 31 2012 1:28 PM
True Ginger. Twister was met by a host of iDogs and others, I'm sure. My heart breaks for you Jackie...I'll be thinking of you and Charles. Run Free Twister.
Mon, Dec 31 2012 3:41 PM
{{{Jackie}}} There just aren't any words. I'm so glad you brought Twister home and that he was able to spend his last hours surrounded by those who loved him. Run free, pretty boy. There's an ornery little mutt named Bud waiting on the other side of the Bridge to play with you. Joyce
Tue, Jan 1 2013 11:41 AM
(((( Jackie ))) I'm so sorry and will be keeping you in my prayers. Run free Twister.
Wed, Dec 26 2012 10:07 AM
Tango died tonight while laying at my feet... I'll write more when it's less raw..
2.8K views 8 replies 0 likes

Comments

Tue, Dec 25 2012 11:26 AM
Run free, Miss Tango. Look for a black and white kitty named Kitten--she'll show you all the good places for sunbathing.
Tue, Dec 25 2012 12:51 PM
Tango, you were clearly loved. Rest peacefully in the warm sunny spot of your choice. I hope you were comforted by being close to your mom, in your home.
Mon, Dec 24 2012 8:59 PM
[URL=http://s249.beta.photobucket.com/user/shadowsgin/media/DSCN0040.jpg.html][IMG]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg203/shadowsgin/th_DSCN0040.jpg[/IMG][/URL] We dont know how old you were, we dont know where you came from, but we do know that you will be missed by us all. Duke showed up in our community about 5 years ago. He was already full grown and the biggest lab I ever met. He adopted James and Lillian an older couple in our neighborhood. His new humans tried to find his home without any... more
2.6K views 5 replies 0 likes

Comments

Mon, Dec 24 2012 10:59 AM
Run free Duke. You left your mark on a lot of hearts.
Mon, Dec 24 2012 4:30 PM
Sad. Run free Duke. Sending healing thoughts to his owners and all the others whose lives he touched.
Mon, Dec 24 2012 8:59 PM
Aw, Run Free, Duke.
Sat, Dec 22 2012 7:20 PM
He has been fine...or acted like he was. But, he's been sad since we lost Sheba and just not his bouncey self. He's been going more places with me since he missed her so much and pouting like a champ when he couldn't go. Last night he had some tummy upset. He collapsed downstairs, just lost the use of his back legs, and clearly didn't feel well. I didn't think it was an E vet situation though because he was up and moving, came upstairs, laid in front of my chair as usual, got... more
7.7K views 32 replies 0 likes

Comments

Fri, Nov 23 2012 9:33 AM
What a special picture.
Fri, Dec 21 2012 12:14 PM
I hope I dont bring back any sadness, But I just saw this and wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. I sincerely hope your new year is filled with nothing but happiness.
Sat, Dec 22 2012 7:20 PM
I am very sorry for your losses. I know how you feel, I lost both of mine within six months of each other, one was very old, 15, and had numerous health issues, it was only money and medicine that kept her alive as long as she did, the other was only 8, five weeks after she was diagnosed with lymphoma... more
Tue, Nov 27 2012 8:44 PM
I feel so horrible I was asleep when this happened to her I went outside and found her 2 dogs got ahold of her KitKat was a stray that has stayed in front of my house for 6 years I loved her just as if she was my cat I am so heartbroken that she had to die a horrible death she was the sweetest cat she was skittish but I would pick her up and give her kisses she meowed like a baby when I would bring her into the house to remove any ticks or just to let her stay in for a little while but sometimes... more
3.4K views 12 replies 0 likes

Comments

Tue, Nov 27 2012 3:22 AM
Thank you, I notice Carsmelly looks around for KitKat. Carsmelly would always try to play with KitKat but KitKat wasn't one to play but they never fought. Pretty upset with one of my sister's who is like oh you should of went shopping on black friday. I haven't said nothing to her but just... more
Tue, Nov 27 2012 7:41 PM
daisyprincess I just know that I miss my KitKat and loved her, feel awful about what happened to her. ((( hugs ))) I'm so sorry for your loss. There wasn't anything you could have done to prevent this; the owners of the dogs that attacked her are the ones responsible. Try not to let your sister's... more
Thu, Nov 22 2012 10:28 AM
Yesterday I got an email about a sweet golden from HB named Shelby. Shelby had been at HB for over a year. She had behavioral issues that made her unadoptable but she was also one of the sweetest dogs you could meet. Two of our most fervent volunteers, a couple named Chris and Steve, took it on themselves to work with Shelby and her issues. For the last few months, they parked their RV out at the sanctuary on the weekends and spent hours getting her ready for her forever home. Ultimately, they realized... more
3.3K views 12 replies 0 likes

Comments

Tue, Nov 20 2012 9:12 AM
Sweet girl--she went to the Bridge knowing so much love and kindness in her final weeks and months here. She's going to have a lot to share about this family who moved their house (RV) to the sanctuary on weekends to be with her and to help her get ready to live with them forever. How cool is that... more
Tue, Nov 20 2012 9:39 AM
Awwwwww . . . . . . what a pretty girl. Run free, Shelby. Deb W.
Thu, Nov 22 2012 10:28 AM
So sorry I am just seeing this. Run free sweet Shelby. I am so happy that you knew love before you had to cross the bridge. My thoughts are with Chris Steve and all those good people at HB. ((Cathy))
Fri, Nov 9 2012 10:42 AM
Our neighborhood kitty was assisted to the Bridge today. Kitten (also known as Kramer) had been left by someone years ago and become semi-"wild". She then adopted a couple of homes and gradually grew to trust us.She never wanted to come inside, instead braving the elements year-round. Run free, sweet girl. There are lots of sardines at the Bridge--you can have one any time you want one. We miss you.
3.1K views 11 replies 0 likes

Comments

Thu, Nov 8 2012 8:33 PM
Run free, Kitten. She was a very lovely cat.
Thu, Nov 8 2012 9:32 PM
Run free and safe, pretty kitty.
Sat, Oct 27 2012 12:06 PM
At 10am this morning, Jackson was sent to the Rainbow Bridge. I'm too raw to add more now. Susan
5.7K views 15 replies 0 likes

Comments

Fri, Oct 26 2012 3:58 PM
Oh sweetie! I'm so sorry.
Fri, Oct 26 2012 5:49 PM
I am so sorry. Gentle hugs for you. Run free, Jackson.
Sat, Oct 27 2012 12:06 PM
I'm so sorry. Run free, Jackson.
Tue, Oct 23 2012 11:25 AM
Kobe crossed over the bridge yesterday to meet up with our Rogue. He would have been 13 Jan 4 He was our first puppy, our first dog as a couple and adults. He taught us so much about love and dogs and life. I can not begin to express how much he will be missed. [IMG]http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x443/Folkpaw/IMG_20111007_172736.jpg[/IMG]
3.2K views 14 replies 0 likes

Comments

Mon, Oct 22 2012 1:43 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss of Kobe. He was such a beautiful dog. Your days will be very sad for a long time, but I hope you feel a little stronger each day and that your memories of him bring comfort. Run free, Kobe.
Mon, Oct 22 2012 5:55 PM
I'm so sorry. Run free Kobe; (((hugs)))
Tue, Oct 23 2012 11:25 AM
May he rest in peace at the bridge. Sorry for your loss. ((hugs))
Fri, Oct 19 2012 11:40 PM
The anniversary of the day I lost my baby is coming up and even though it's been years it feels like months. My Romeo was a special dog. I know everyone thinks that of their dogs but he really was. Everyone that met him loved him. He was so just so sweet u couldn't help but love him. He never misbehaved ever he barely even barked at all and he never got sick. I had him from 10 till 23 and was always there as my best friend no matter how much I went out or didn't pay enough attention to... more
1.4K views 1 replies 0 likes

Comments

Fri, Oct 19 2012 11:40 PM
You were blessed. There are some dogs who are just .... beyond belief. Sometimes it's that they truly are just plain special ... and some of it is because it was the amagic that occurs between a particular human and a particular dog. Sort of where the "total" = more than merely the sum... more
Wed, Oct 17 2012 1:15 PM
I want to let everyone know about a special bullie named Pancake. She was born on July 6, 2010. I fell in love the first time I saw her. Right then and there I knew I would have done anything for her. I still remember the first day I brought her home like it was yesterday. She got real comfortable with her surroundings in a day. I would remember her wobble out of her kennel and come out and play with her little sheep toy that we called Sheepie. It was her very first toy. As time went by, she grew... more
4.1K views 13 replies 0 likes

Comments

Mon, Oct 15 2012 8:43 AM
Thank you everyone...I try to keep busy throughout the day, but I always find myself thinking about Pancake. I find myself hanging out with friends, working, but I also feel that emptiness...I miss her touch, I miss watching her playing with her toys...I feel like she is at the Vet waiting for me to... more
Wed, Oct 17 2012 11:34 AM
Just checking on you today. Hope you are doing some better.
Wed, Oct 17 2012 1:15 PM
I cannot tell you how sorry I am to hear about Pancake. I have been following her story since you first posted back in August. I lost my 2 year old chocolate lab, Biscuit, to this nightmare disease on June 20, 2012. I felt like I should write to let you know that it does get easier, I promise you. After... more
Wed, Sep 12 2012 4:16 PM
We let Lexi go today. Congestive Heart Failure. She was 13 years, 3 months and 27 days old. I knew her since she was 2 weeks old- it was the longest wait till I could bring her home! She's been through thick and thin with me. I adore her- always will. She was a true best friend. OXXXXOOXXXOOO see you at the bridge sweet baby girl.
6.8K views 21 replies 0 likes

Comments

Sat, Sep 8 2012 4:56 PM
Thank you so much, everyone. It means so much to me. I've been ovewhelmed with grief this week, very overwhelmed, and trying to get my head back on straight, if you know what I mean. <3
Mon, Sep 10 2012 4:53 PM
((((((((((Tiffani))))))))) And Yes, I know what you mean! It took me MONTHS to start being normal. Hope the heart is slowly healing. Always remember she's watching over you ALWAYS!!!!!
Wed, Sep 12 2012 4:16 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Lexi. Take heart in knowing that you were a great mom to her for her whole life! ((hugs))
Tue, Aug 28 2012 8:27 AM
Leni belonged to a friend of mine. He (Leni) crossed over the Bridge on Thursday Aug 23rd from cancer. Here's a story about him: http://www.themorningsun.com/article/20120506/LIFE11/120509765/leni-is-canine-ambassador-at-mt-pleasant-municipal-airport Run free, Leni. You were well-loved by everyone.
2.8K views 4 replies 0 likes

Comments

Mon, Aug 27 2012 2:13 PM
Run free Leni, so many will miss you !!!!!
Tue, Aug 28 2012 8:27 AM
What a well loved dog !! Run free Leni. Deb W.
Mon, Aug 6 2012 6:32 PM
We had to find a new home for my cat in 1997 as my mom was very allergic towards him. A couple of weeks later my dad wants to get me a labby so I called the SPCA to see if they had any labby type dogs and they said a Lab X Newfoundland had just been brought in so we went immediately and took our Dobermann to meet him. We all fell in love with him immediately. Got him in November 1997. Awesome Dog. We changed his name from Fluffy to Ben. Sounds more manly for a bif male dog than Fluffy did. He was... more
2.2K views 3 replies 0 likes

Comments

Mon, Aug 6 2012 3:58 PM
HUGS.....I have a soft spot for Big Black Dogs and especially Newf/Lab X :) That is what my Rocky is supposed to be but who knows. All I know is that he is smart, loveable, and very devoted to his humans and his furr brother. Ben...while you are at the Bridge waiting for us to cross go find Bear and... more
Mon, Aug 6 2012 4:14 PM
How do I put a pic up in my post? I love labbys. I would love a choc colour one one day
Mon, Aug 6 2012 6:32 PM
*waving hello* Welcome!!! Your picture must reside someplace online. If you have a photosharing place you have to copy the URL where that specific picture is and up at the top right (under the lady walking the dogs) click on your own name. Then on the right hand side click on "edit your profile"... more
Mon, Aug 6 2012 6:17 PM
I just found out two of our beloved island dogs went to the Bridge today. They were both seniors (and I think both were rescue dogs) and had lived with their human families year-round on the island for years. I know their families miss them so much, especially the children. Run free, sweet pups, and say hi to all the island dogs who were waiting at the Bridge for you. No more pain and no more trouble walking!
3.4K views 11 replies 0 likes

Comments

Sat, Aug 4 2012 11:03 PM
Kate, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of 2 special island dogs. In a small community (even a small neighborhood), I know how dogs sort of belong to everyone . . . so they are missed by many when they're gone. You mentioned children especially missing them. Are they young children? I was thinking... more
Mon, Aug 6 2012 10:37 AM
tacran They might enjoy having a little project to memorialize their dogs. Wonderful idea Tracy! Run free sweet island dogs!
Mon, Aug 6 2012 6:17 PM
Tracy, that's a great idea! One of the dogs lived in/"supervised" a three-generation household (with two elementary school children). The kids love to spend time at the beach, so I bet they could find good shells to ceate a memorial. Thank you all for your kinds words. I'll share... more
Fri, Jul 27 2012 10:25 AM
I just wanted to take a minute to remember all my dogs that have been in my life, and have passed away... I have been missing them very much lately. To start, my first dog ever, Pepper, (a black lab/possible chow mix). She was so wonderful. My parents saved her right around the time I was born. She was very fun. She didn't like a lot of people though. She escaped the yard a lot, but always came back. :) She was very adventurous. We knew that her and our neighbor's dog, Sammy (Pyrenees), were... more
2.6K views 3 replies 0 likes

Comments

Fri, Jul 27 2012 8:26 AM
((Hugs)) Megan. All your furr babies that have passed are romping and playing in the "fence" free meadows over the bridge. I was struck by a comment you made about Freddie and how now that you are older you have more knowledge. We all progess this way. I have lost many furr babies myself, it... more
Fri, Jul 27 2012 9:20 AM
Thank you. :) It means a lot. :) I know that Cinder really made me look at things differently... You're right... with every one I have learned something. :) Thank you.
Fri, Jul 27 2012 10:25 AM
lakalakadaka16 Thank you. :) It means a lot. :) I know that Cinder really made me look at things differently... You're right... with every one I have learned something. :) Thank you. I know you want your own shelter someday -- and you've learned the hard way why people are always screaming... more
Tue, Jul 24 2012 6:00 AM
I helped Coconut cross to the Bridge today. It was time. He found me in the midst of a flood of epic proportions in 1998. I heard a desperate meowing outside my office. I went out in the pouring rain and he came running to me and practically leaped in my arms. He was just a tiny kitten. I had already said previously, many times, that I wanted no more cats. But from the moment he found me I knew there would be no giving up this kitten. He was raised with my Labs and he helped raise Twister. lol He... more
4.9K views 18 replies 0 likes

Comments

Sat, Jul 21 2012 11:11 AM
Oh, I am so sorry. ((((Jackie and Mr. Jackie)))) Run free, sweet Coconut.
Sat, Jul 21 2012 5:18 PM
awwwww! My heard melted over that first photo. How sweet Jackie. That is one special cat for sure. I'm so sorry for your loss :(
Tue, Jul 24 2012 6:00 AM
So sorry to hear about your loss. :( Run free, Coconut! :)
Sat, Jul 21 2012 12:18 PM
I was worried about her so I came home early to find she had gone to the Bridge. Run free Sheba.
4.9K views 29 replies 0 likes

Comments

Mon, Jul 16 2012 8:53 PM
Aw so sorry Glenda. Run free pretty girl Sheba.
Wed, Jul 18 2012 4:05 PM
Glenda, I'm so sorry to hear about Sheba. They all go too soon. (((HUGS)))
Sat, Jul 21 2012 12:18 PM
Glenda, I'm really sorry about Sheba. I don't check the Rainbow Bridge section very often, so it wasn't until you mentioned it in NDR that I realized she had gone to the Bridge. {{{Hugs}}} Joyce
Fri, Jul 20 2012 11:51 AM
This may hae been posted here somewhere, but I have never seen it. It was sent to me many years ago. When I get down about my lost loves, I read this and it helps. It helps me realized that my loves are no longer sick, are no longer in pain. They are healthy again, happy and just waiting for me. I have loved and lost so many dogs over the past 55 years (English Setters, Irish Setters, Golden Retrievers) that when they come to meet me at the bridge and we go together, I will probably be called the... more
1.4K views 1 replies 0 likes

Comments

Fri, Jul 20 2012 11:51 AM
Ooooh I got all tingly read that. I've read the Rainbow Bridge many times, the pets, dog and cat versions. And the 9/11 version too. I haven't seen this before, though. Just lovely! Thank you for sharing it with all of us.
Tue, Jul 10 2012 11:08 AM
It is hard for me to believe, but it was 15 years ago today that I had to send my beloved Irish Setter, Boots, to the Rainbow bridge. On a Friday he was limping on back leg and we thought it was his arthrisit acting up--he was 3 months past his 12th birthday. Monday came and he was actaully dragging that leg and we got him right in to see our vet. Rickey took x-rays and pretty much confirmed what he thought when he saw Boots walk in dragging that leg--bone cancer in and above the knee. More tests... more
2.3K views 7 replies 0 likes

Comments

Mon, Jul 9 2012 9:11 PM
Aw, what a great life he had, especially the last 10 weeks!
Tue, Jul 10 2012 11:08 AM
((Sandra)) Thanks for sharing that story. What a way to send Boots off to the bridge, doing all the things he loved and eating all the things he loved too.