Forum

Rainbow Bridge

The Rainbow Bridge is the theme of a work of poetic prose written some time between 1980 and 1992, whose original creator is unknown. The theme is of an other-worldly place to which a pet goes upon its death, eventually to be reunited with its owner.
Forum
test
test adding new tread
  • 1 REPLY
Rainbow Bridge Welcoming Committee
NOTE to Newcomers : Welcome to the Rainbow Bridge Welcoming Committee! I started this a while back, as my way of helping forum members to heal their broken hearts after a loss. All the pets (with the exception of a running horse ) are beloved pets that had a close relationship with a member on this forum...
  • 191 REPLIES
Honoring Our Pets Of The Past
Dogs add so much to our lives, I can honestly say that my life is full of wonderful people and they are people I met because of my dogs. They fill our lives with joy and love us no matter what. It's so sad when they have to go. I alway found comfort in knowing that they had a great life and they...
  • 1 REPLY
Rocky - Gotcha day Feb 2 2008 to April 6 2015
We saw the cutest little puppy on PetFinder a few days after helping Shadow cross the bridge on a cold and snowy January day. His name was guy, found in a snowstorm all alone on a lady's porch. He was found the same night Shadow crossed over the bridge. I just knew Shadow had sent him for some reason...
  • 9 REPLIES
Rupert Ole 08/08/04 - 01/20/15
I can't believe I'm writing this, and I'm going to keep it short. We lost Rupert yesterday. It was very unexpected. We're not sure exactly what caused it, but the vet thinks that some birdseed that he had eaten from on the ground under the feeders was rancid or had something toxic...
  • 8 REPLIES
SO SORRY
sometimes these types of decisions are hard to make, but they are made wisely.....GINGERD most likely had the best three months with you.
  • 1 REPLY
Hurley 2007 - 2014
With a heavy heart and very much saddness I had to put down one of the most loyal dogs I've ever known. Hurley was my rock and a huge part of my heart is missing. He was just an amazing dog, I have comfort in knowing that so many loved him and that he had a great life, he would go to work with me...
  • 14 REPLIES
He's gone.
Gunner, Gunther, Guns, Lugnut, Spawn of Satan, at the age of 9 months. We were going for a run, stopped in the side yard and he broke from me to visit the neighbor. He ran into a car at full speed, went under a tire. I carried him in a blanket in the neighbors truck to the vet. Too much damage. Probably...
  • 20 REPLIES
Run free, GingerD 6-3-14
I made the very difficult decision to euthanize GingerD today. I haven't posted much about anything other than her health problems. She was a good girl until either food was involved or she had pain - then she would bite. It started from the first day she came home, but I did not recognize the behavior...
  • 18 REPLIES
RIP Sephie I will miss you so much -Shadowsgin
I am sure most of you have heard me talk about Sephie, the community guard Donkey that lives in my pasture. It is with great sadness that we wont have Sephie to keep watch anymore. I just received a call from his human that he suffered some kind of seizure and he is gone. I just knew Sephie would outlive...
  • 6 REPLIES
Our sweet Jessie is gone; October 1998- February 22, 2014.
We had to help her over the Bridge yesterday morning. It was too painful to post yesterday and it's very hard still. Many of you had been praying for her. She had been making a little progress since she came home from the hospital Tuesday but still not eating much. Then Thursday her appetite was...
  • 20 REPLIES
In Memory of Bailey 2-23-03
My girl Bailey was a true ambassador for her breed and she is missed by so many, even today after her being gone for almost 4 years I still have trouble looking at pictures of her. Bailey was a therapy dog and truly love people and children so much. She was a huge part of my life and added so much to...
  • 3 REPLIES
Loss of my baby Perseus
I lost my 4 year old baby Perseus within two and a half days. My malitpoo, who was a jumper, got into a container of gum that I didn't know was on the table and ingested all of it. I wasn't aware that the ingredient Xylitol was in it and is highly toxic to dogs. My baby threw up all of the gum...
  • 6 REPLIES
RIP Cooper
I haven't been on here in years probably, but it was the first place I thought of when I had to share our news. I knew everyone here would understand. We got Cooper when he was 8 weeks old, right after we bought our first home. He was my first baby. I trained him and he enjoyed learning more than...
  • 9 REPLIES
Run Free Chilli Willy
For those of you that are friends on FB know that last Sunday Nov. 24th that Chilli gave up the fight and went to the rainbow bridge at 12 years old I got Chilli when he was 4 years old and he was a ornery booger . Tigger showed him the ropes and those 2 where inseparable always getting into trouble...
  • 6 REPLIES