Rescue & Help

Rescue & Help
HOUSTON, TX-250 Rotties in need of assistance
CROSS POSTED FROM FB, I HAVE NO FURTHER DETAILS. "Email received 2/2: We have an emergency in Texas! Racine and Curtis Moore, known volume breeders of Rottweilers, were arrested yesterday on charges of animal cruelty. There are 250 AKC registered Rottweilers on the premises. I have had...
  • 0 REPLY
Completely Heartbroken over a foster dog
This is a crazy story, but please try to read and give your opinion! I am still in shock. The day before my thanksgiving, my husband (who is a firefighter/paramedic) fought a structure fire in a duplex. It was very cold that night and the one side of the duplex was a complete loss, and the other side...
  • 9 REPLIES
Getting in TTouch
Anyone interested in this book? Getting in TTouch - Understand and Influence Your Horse's Personality by Linda Tellington-Jones. Her technique applies to dogs, as well. Shoot me your mailing address and it's yours! Yes, it's free...just pay it forward.
  • 1 REPLY
Concerned About a Neighbor's Dog
I'm hoping to get some advice as I have major concerns about a neighbor's dog but am not sure if what's going on constitutes cruelty (by law, anyway). Long story short, this dog spends quite a bit of time outdoors, despite the cold temperatures. Today, for example, he's been out since...
  • 4 REPLIES
StubbyDog of the Week: George's Success
StubbyDog of the Week: George by StubbyDog Project on Monday, December 6, 2010 at 10:14am By mom... Andrea My heart was broken when I had to say goodbye to my Aida. She was a 15 ½ year old black lab that I had known since the day she was born. Being an avid dog lover, the idea of being without...
  • 1 REPLY
Bella, Bella!
StubbyDog of the Week: Bella by StubbyDog Project on Monday, November 29, 2010 at 8:09pm By foster parents... Angela & Gene Six months ago my husband and I were approached by a parent whose children attend the school where my husband is an Assistant Principal. She knew we were dog lovers and...
  • 1 REPLY
CloudStar points
I've been saving CloudStar points for a while. Finally I looked online to see if I had enough saved up for anything, and I see the only thing they have takes 32 points! I usually rotate Rupert's treats, so it will take me about 15 years to save up enough points to get anything. So, I'm giving...
  • 0 REPLY
Over-Achiever, Positive Story!
This nice story doesn't involve a rescued dog but StubbyDog thought it was a legitimate story to share because the dog's owner is doing some really neat things with his animal companion, promoting a positive view of Pit Bulls everywhere they go which is great! I hope you like hearing about this...
  • 1 REPLY
LOST DOG - Central Fla
Lost Kai Ken last seen in Orlando International Airport Parking Lot, Terminal B, Level 1, Row N. Her name is MOCHI. She was shipped from Denver to Orlando and got out of her crate in the parking lot. She's lost and scared in an unfamiliar place. My FB friend Leah is asking that all central Floridians...
  • 2 REPLIES
A Dog Named Earl Grey
Earl came into my life somewhat unexpectedly, so have all my animals actually. He came to me at a time where I had just about giving up on wanting another dog in my life - at least for the moment. Just a few months before, I had lost 13 1/2 year old Pit bull x "Spirit" to lymphoma. It was sudden...
  • 1 REPLY
All I Can Say is Blechhhh
http://www.northstarkennels.net/ Do people really think it's perfectly ok to breed unregistered dogs and wolf hybrids???? No wonder the deposits are non-refundable. You know how bad it is when they brag about being members of Next Day Pets. All I can say is blechhhh - but that's only because...
  • 4 REPLIES
Please Help Save A Bloodhound That Was Shot - Donations needed‏
Please crosspost! We have a foster home who can take in this poor girl but we need help with donations. Due to high vet costs from other dogs, we financially can't take on anymore special needs dogs at this time... without donations. Sidney was picked up as a stray and has been left to suffer for...
  • 1 REPLY
Papillon Haven Rescue Fall Auction
Hey everyone! It's that time again. It's PapHaven's Fall auction. Just wander on over to http://www.paphaven.info/fall_auction.html for a look around. There might be something that you just can't live without.
  • 3 REPLIES
Dog Abuse on Youtube
You guys, PLEASE report this to any news station you can. Big or small! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wI0pTIPDEk I can't even begin...ugh. I so far reported this to CNN, MSNBC and Fox. I also recorded it incase he takes it down.
  • 8 REPLIES
Photo Contest
I hope this is the correct forum! In honor of National Pit Bull Awareness Day, we're launching the: Rediscover The Pit Bull Photo Contest! We want to know: Is your pit bull a breed ambassador? Show us how your dog busts negative stereotypes with a photo! Email your photo to laurap...
  • 0 REPLY
Looking for a rescue group in Texas--Help! (border collie & chihuahua...
I'm a social worker at a nursing home & am trying to help a resident find new homes for his border collie and chihuahua. Some people from his church are taking care of them right now, but he's worried about their care. (I know these people myself & would not trust them with my pet rock...
  • 3 REPLIES
Owners barking at provincial law banning pit bulls
Ontario’s controversial ban on pit bulls — now five years old — is under fire once again as a coalition of dog-loving groups rallied yesterday to support a local MPP’s efforts to have the law changed. “They’re ripping family pets away from people based on very vague legislation,” said Rui Branco, who...
  • 2 REPLIES
StubbyDog Rescue of the Week: SHADOW
Family Pit Bull Pride By: Mom to Drama and Sister to Shadow, Kasey-Dee Gardner Let me start off by saying I don’t believe in fate. However in 2006, during rare downtime at work, I mistakenly started browsing Petfinder.com. This is never a wise decision, especially if you are not actively planning...
  • 0 REPLY
Rescue of the Week!
Here's Our Rescue Dog of the Week: Hey everyone, my name is Ortega! I'm a 4 year old female and I love, love, love my toys! The shelter workers think I'd be a GREAT agility dog, if someone could just give me the chance! I love my little stuffed babies, my balls, and frisbees, I could go...
  • 0 REPLY
Foster Homes needed (Callie - personal friend/rescuer in need)
Thanks for moving this -- I thot advocacy WAS the rescue section! A friend of mine in NC who does a lot of rescue and pet therapy work is in a really difficult situation. I think they can't be released to foster care til next Tuesday but then the need will be immediate and dire because the elderly...
  • 0 REPLY