Life Stages

Life Stages
Cora & J - need prayers
Hi folks- Some of you know my friend has a partner, Cora, who had a ruptured disc last October that caused her to be suddenly paralyzed. Just as she was recovering from her spinal surgery, she started showing signs of some other physical ailments. For the last 2 months, through countless tests, evaluations...
  • 61 REPLIES
Prayers for my great niece please
Two year old Zoey fell...no real details at this point....she is in critical condition at DeVoss Children's Hospital in Grand Rapids. Sis and her hubs are down there to take care of the two older boys and their entire family is in an uproar. Jon is the nephew with the very serious heart condition...
  • 17 REPLIES
Gracie's brother, Cobalt, has osteosarcoma (Miranadobe)
Hi guys- I promised I would set up a thread once Cobalt's page was up at http://www.doberman911.org/cases/cobey.html . Here's the background for those who don't know. Gracie and her brother were born in a litter of 11 puppies on the floor of the rescue, 7 years ago next month. Cobalt ...
  • 34 REPLIES
Good thots & prayers for my Dad? (Callie)
My folks are far away (their choice) -- itty bitty town in western NY State -- my folks are in their late 80's. Dad's had a problem with his cumiden level (blood thinner) & went for a blood draw today. Mom sort of forced him to tell the nurse/tech that he's been quite unwell this week...
  • 44 REPLIES
Prayer for Dez ( Update Dez is gone :'( )
Dez is in really bad shape and needs a prayer, vet doesn't know what is causing her to be so sick and most likely my grandma will probably have her put to sleep so she's not suffering anymore. :( Dez is a rottie sweet girl she's about 4 years old.
  • 10 REPLIES
Summer (Callie for Carrie)
Summer is one of the IMHA dogs -- she's battled IMHA for over a year and she's actually relapsed a few times. Her Mom, Carrie, has tried SO hard. They've identified a couple of triggers but at this point it's really hard to get her stable. Good thots and prayers pretty please folks? Candles...
  • 8 REPLIES
Just my encouragement -- can we really light candles?
Cora & J -- my heart breaks for Paige, her friend and that whole situation. Xebby -- she's got more on her plate right now than anyone ought to have to handle (not just the dogbite situation, but other personal stuff she's referred to. Two IMHA dogs -- Sydney is up to her third transfusion...
  • 0 REPLY
Tragedy in my neighborhood
I don't visit this section often, but yesterday something happened that shocked us. A guy my DH grew up with (and we both went to high school with) and whose mom was friends with DH's mom was killed. He was an armored truck driver and his partner shot him in the back of the head and took off...
  • 14 REPLIES
Need prayers and positive thoughts
I dont post much but I need some prayers today. My husbands 25 year old cousin was perfectly healthy a few days ago. Now she is in ICU with her kidneys failing and a blood pressure of 61/48 and a massive infection, they say she is septic. They just told her mom to contact the red cross to get her brother...
  • 64 REPLIES
For CAkana and Sassy
I happened to catch an email -- Cathy posted on Facebook that Sassy is in surgery (as of about 11 e.s.t. I think) with some massive internal bleeding. She's scared, of course, so I'm just going to put the candle page here for anyone who might see it before she posts herself in the morning. Candles...
  • 27 REPLIES
For Puppy & her family
I posted some of this on the IMHA thread -- this lady hasn't been approved yet to post, and they are trying SO hard. I've been emailing and talking on the phone with a lady named Kim who has a buffy cocker (she's 4 I think) named "Puppy". This dog was her husband's (and they...
  • 16 REPLIES
Need some good thoughts for Jessie
Many of you know she has chronic pancreatitis. She wouldn't touch her food this morning and was very lethargic. I took her to the vet; he did blood work, x-rays, and examined her. My stoic girl didn't make a sound when her abdomen was palpated, but my vet could tell it was very painful. Her amylase...
  • 38 REPLIES
A great app
I am a long time dog lover and I like games that both me and my dog can enjoy. I found a fun iPhone app called Speak Dog. This app allows you to enter a phrase and it translates the phrase to dog. It always makes me laugh and my dog enjoys hearing the barks coming from my phone.
  • 0 REPLY
Requesting some Idog vibes/prayers for a friend -shadowsgin
I mentioned in NDR this morning that a friend/co-worker had to take her Dad to Hospice Care Center last night. We have just received word that he has passed. Please keep Brenda and her family in your prayers. Her father was very deeply loved, he will be missed by many. Rest in peace Curtis, you...
  • 11 REPLIES
One of ours needs prayers...
I'm so sad to report that today Paige (Miranadobe) lost her grandmother. She asked me to post to the forum and let everyone know that she passed a few hours ago about 9am EST. Paige was able to hold her hand and her family was all present and surrounding her with their love. What a tough time...
  • 34 REPLIES
My oldest son is gone
I'm numb. I can't breathe. Michael's half brother called me a short time ago to let me know that Mike had made a wrong turn onto a one way street and was killed in a head on collision about 7:30 last night. Our shining star, our long haired hippie freak is gone. Michael Glenn Clawson...
  • 40 REPLIES
My nephew (janobonano)
My sister called me this morning and said that she was taking her 2 year-old in to the doctor this afternoon. He just hadn't been acting himself for a couple of weeks, and in the past week he had been reeealy thirsty, and going through diapers like crazy. The just found out that he has type I diabetes...
  • 33 REPLIES
KittyKitty need prayers ( KITTYKITTY IS HOME 10MINS AGO )
My dad was outside and he said kitty-kitty was with him laying in the sun and next thing she was gone, she's been gone for over 6 hrs I was planning to bring her to the vet today because she isn't looking good she shakes and I wanted to get her checked please pray or send vibes for her to come...
  • 19 REPLIES
Prayers for Jessie
I went out to Grace again today and one of the 1st things I always do is to check on my sponsor horse, Jessie. When I was there on Tuesday I saw that she'd injured her rear hock/hoof area. No one seemed to know how but I found out today that she'd panicked and tried to jump the fence. Jessie...
  • 11 REPLIES
Vibes for Buddy the daycare dog (janobonano)
I dropped the kids off at daycare today and there was a note on the door that said to not let Buddy out because he is sick. Usually he goes in and out randomly as people drop their kids off. I asked her what was wrong and she got a bit choked up. She said that he stopped eating on Monday and they took...
  • 31 REPLIES