Training & Behavior

Training & Behavior
Chewing up crate bedding
We figured out pretty soon after getting Houston at 10 months old that he liked to chew. He is 1- 1/2 years old now. He is my 6th cocker spaniel and I never really had this bad of a chewer before. He initially slept with the crate pad that our dog who passed away in March had, but he tore holes in it...
  • 7 REPLIES
Got the boot from Daycare...
So, I have an almost-2-year-old Boston Terrier. He's incredibly high energy and very playful with other dogs. At times he has higher energy than the dog he's playing with. Well, for his first year and a half he went to a daycare and they loved him and said he was great. For the last 5 months...
  • 0 REPLY
Do you know How To Read Your Dog’s Body Language?
What is your dog trying to tell you? Dogs have a language that allows them to communicate their emotional state and their intentions to others around them. Although dogs do use sounds and signals, much of the information that they send is through their body language, specifically their facial expressions...
  • 0 REPLY
Toothy grin or bad behavior?
My 6-month old chihuahua girl seems to bear her teeth at times when she sits on me. No growling, just teeth and shaking. Is this a sign of aggression? She doesn't snap at me if I move, but she stares off to space in the moment.
  • 0 REPLY
Chihuahua crying out in pain, but perfectly fine...
I have two chihuahuas and a pitbull puppy. I've had my chihuahuas since they were each 3 months old. Jonas is 6. Maggie is 5. We all recently moved in with my boyfriend and his 10 month old pitbull puppy. It was a little rough at first, getting them to like eachother, but it worked out. They get...
  • 8 REPLIES
Horrified
My chihuahua was attacked by my brothers chow, and killed. The same chow had attacked my chihuahua a few months prior, leaving him with 3 punctures. My brother had brought home 2 chows, a female and male..my chihuahua was also a male, so naturally when the female was in heat he'd go after her. This...
  • 5 REPLIES
why does my pomchi growl and bite?
I have a 4 year old pomchi. She is fine with me and insists on sleeping between me and my 8yo in bed. She is my baby and she knows it. But just in the last month shell be sound asleep in bed and if my 8 yo shifts, she turns around growl and nips, face, anything she can grab. Shes never . Done this before...
  • 1 REPLY
Pomeranian growls and snarls... but only at me!
Me and my partner have a Pomeranian puppy, Oscar - he'll be one next month. Over the past few months we've noticed a change in him. He's becoming a bit aggressive, but only towards me! He still runs up to me when I come home and he still interacts when I play with him, but over the past month...
  • 2 REPLIES
Personal Protection Dogs
Personal protection dogs are very important for our everyday life. I will discuss here a lot of details if anyone interested about it. Thanks!
  • 1 REPLY
I'm devastated:(
I have 2 dogs - a 3 year old female English Pointer mix and a 3 year old female chihuahua. They were raised since puppies together and have always gotten along. Last year, I adopted an old, grumpy, (but absolutely amazing) female chihuahua. She did not like my other dogs and would often growl at them...
  • 0 REPLY
Is a puppy a good idea?
I've been considering getting a puppy for a while, but want to make sure I'm ready for all that entails before I take the final step. I live in a condo with my elementary school aged daughter, no backyard, but easy outside access. I leave for work before sun up and get home around 2 in the afternoon...
  • 3 REPLIES
GET OFF!!!!!!
My 3 year old Yellow Lab always jumps on people. She will not jump if someone has treats but once the treats run out, off she goes, jumping up and being a pest. It has gotten so extreme that she almost took down my 87 year old grandmother while trying to get out of the car and wouldn't leave my aunt...
  • 1 REPLY
Can someone please reply to my post GET OFF ME!!! Tkx
  • 1 REPLY
A dog who is always hungry
Jake currently eats twice a day (8:30ish a.m. and 6ish p.m.) His weight is steady on the amount he is being fed. Within an hour or two of eating he is in my face... I'm pretty sure trying to tell me he's hungry. If anyone as much as walks near the kitchen he's beside himself with anticipation...
  • 7 REPLIES
Terms used in dog training-operant conditioning
This came from Cathy Toft. I'm providing the link. It's helpful to have examples of the various terms we hear used in dog training. http://gghf.home.comcast.net/~gghf/DogFiles/Lexicon.htm
  • 5 REPLIES
Doggy Activity Suggestions?
I love my Harley Quinn. We walk, run, and drive everywhere together! That being said, I am still a new pet parent that wants my precious pup to be active and happy. What are some fun and exciting activities would you can suggest to keep Harley stimulated? She is a rambunctious little mutt who is up for...
  • 3 REPLIES
learning new trickss
What are some tricks your dogs know? I am new here and looking for some new tricks to teach my 3 year old pit bull. Yiu can watch her learn these new tricks on her instagram @kai_yaaa :)
  • 1 REPLY
Thinking About Getting A Puppy For Christmas?
No matter what time of year please re-consider a puppy or dog for a gift, but especially around holiday time. Did you know that the 2 months after Christmas are one of the busiest times for shelter and rescues? So many “Christmas” puppies and dogs are returned because the novelty has worn...
  • 0 REPLY
More marking trouble with KONA
More marking trouble... KONA has stopped marking on the gate, but this evening he went right to a corner lifted his leg like he was outside at a tree! I yelled NO .... He kept on going. I don't know what to do. He uses the bathroom when he is walked and routinely uses the potty grass on the balcony...
  • 2 REPLIES