Aggressive or not??

• Bronze

Aggressive or not??

Hey eveyone. I need urgent help. I have a border collie mix. She generally gets along with dogs especially at the beach. My biggest fear is that my dog will ever become aggressive, because then I have failed her. Small things make me worry ie. She growls and barks at dogs in the car when we pass owners with their dogs. Also one day, we live on a farm and usually walk without a leash. Recently more people have brought their dogs to the farm. We went for a  walk and came accross two poodles who was playing, thinking that she would play she ran up to them and the dogs started barking at her like crazy. She then turned around and chased them nipping at their bum. Is this behaviour mean that she is aggressive or is it a out of the ordinary experience? any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Anmarie*

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Hi,

If she generally gets along with other dogs that's a good thing. The issue in the car could be a protective or excited reaction. The incident on the farm sounds like a typical Border Collie she was possibly trying to herd them. Do you do any kind of training? Sounds like she gets plenty of exercise, training can be a great thing, it's a MUST with a Border Collie. I would make sure to keep her socialized by getting around other dog friendly dogs and let me know what kind of training you are doing. Looking forward to hearing from you.