September-Death to mosquitos month

iDog

A kennel specifically for long term members to chat
    • Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Sorry to hear about Hot Shot.  Beautiful dog, well loved.

My 'Moderator" status is kind of like being an English prince.  All title, no power.  It was done in a vain attempt to let me post pictures with a post.  The only place I can post a picture is in the gallery, and that doesn't work right sometimes.

I did see a post on The Bridge forum about Hot Shot.

• Gold Top Dog

Thanks Kate,  

I did post a short message at the wecoming committee post.  I can post to an active thread but cant start a new thread.  I can type it in but then I can't access the preview or the post button??

• Gold Top Dog

Thanks Doug.   Ummmm I mean   Sir Doug :)

• Gold Top Dog

Ginger I am so sorry.

• Gold Top Dog

Ginger, I can't start a new thread either. (It's just as you described it above.) So, I rely on Sir Doug :-)

It' has been warm here yesterday and today, but humidity finally broke last night. We're supposed to have one more day of warm, and then autumn weather arrives. Yeah! I need to pick more tomatoes. The garden seems to be overflowing with them! I got some corn ready to freeze for the winter. And, I need to mow.

The dogs were cooperative for Halloween card pictures. Even Mozey, who hates the flashy box thing, does OK (not great, but OK) if I turn off the sound and the flash on my iPhone. I can't believe October is almost here!

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Heavy rains in Minnesota this week.  My house is on high ground.  Went to the dog park and had to drive through water.  Only 2", but still wet.  The new equipment looks like a water park now.  About 2' deep in the deep end of the pool..  More rains expected.  Apparently , for us, global warming involves global flooding.

• Gold Top Dog

Catching a cold front in N.W. Arkansas it is a beautiful sunny day in the 70's.  

I made a Fresh Apple cake for hubby yesterday and I used a Paula Deen recipe.  Something is missing not sure what. My SIL makes the best I have ever had, guess I should-a  called her. :)  I did use Stevia blend but it tasted good.

We have the local Apple Festival and the Fall Junk Festival coming up this weekend cant wait it is always so much fun.   Apple Festival is on the town square and the Junk Fest is on an old farm that they have set up for this 2x's per year.

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Oh Ginger, I'm so sorry for your loss of Hot Shot.  I hope he's playing and enjoying himself over the Bridge.

Check in w/your momma when you can, Hot Shot.

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Ginger, where are you trying to start a new Thread?  I must admit, this site still confuses me.

• Gold Top Dog

Quickly inbetween projects  I tried to add a thread @ Rainbow Bridge last week.  It would let me pull up a new thread but I couldn't preview or publish.  It worked better last night on a test but it was only a 1 liner not sure if it is fixed will try again later. G

BTW, it is very good to see you Paige!

• Gold Top Dog

Ginger, I'm just now seeing the sad news about Hot Shot.  I'm so sorry for your loss.  I know he will leave a big space in your heart.  I hope it brings you some comfort to imagine him being reunited with his dog-siblings so they can all watch over you together.  I'm glad you have Garth to bring you some smiles.

Glenda, I hope things are okay with your Mom and that if she can't recover that her passing is as peaceful and gentle as possible.  As you said, you don't want a loved one to die in pain or feeling lots of anxiety, fear or confusion.  Something we've said often about my MIL --- her dementia is severe, but she seems to be without any pain or anxiety.  She can't remember one minute to the next, and she comes out with some crazy comments, but doesn't seem to be AWARE that she's not remembering things or that she says weird things.  We're hoping since she sleeps nearly 24/7 that she'll just pass peacefully in her sleep.

I haven't checked in all month - it's been very busy.  My mother was visiting for about 2 weeks, which was fun (lots of eating, some shopping, a couple winery trips, relaxing on the patio).  Ruby was in heaven because my mother gives her treats every 30 seconds!  I told Ruby we are all on a diet now that she has gone home!  Still trying to catch up after several days off from work -- the drawback of vacation time is that no one does my tasks in my absence.  :-(

Kate, I bet your Halloween pups will look great in their holiday photo!  I need to go look up the article so I can see the famous pair of Doug and Sky!  

• Gold Top Dog

P.S. I forgot to say it was great to "see" you, Paige!

P.P.S. - You and Sky look great, Doug. What a fun place for the dogs! We have a Lowe's less than a mile from our local animal shelter. I'll have to see if anyone has ever approached them about something similar in our area.

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Have them put it on high ground.  Our unplanned water hazard had about 2 ft of water and is currently similar to a mud wallow.  Dogs love it.  Owners not so much.

Just raked up another wheel borrow full of windfall apples.  Still lots in the tree.  Wife made crab apple relish today and we have fresh applesauce  canned and ready to eat..  The spiced apple sauce is great on ice cream..

Fall weather.  Air is crisp in the morning and smells different.  Mosquitos are slower.  Geese are flocking up and flying in "V"s.  Very loud.

• Gold Top Dog

mom seemsxto be hanging in there pretty well. Her dementia is pretty severe too but she is aware that her memory ia like swiss cheese. But. Ahe remembera how wonderful Dixie is and always twlls me to ""take care of our little girl"!

Either going to Maine next weekend or the kids are coming here. TBD. Bre just got promoted so may not be ablw to take the weekend. Needless to say I'm back on KP! So far just have stuffed peppers and a couplw meatloafs fir them. Need to get busy! Deadline for special orders is Sunday.

So bothmy PCP and my allergisti agree that the latest allergic reaction pn the way home from Mi was due to STRESS. Well yeah. Hang out with a sister who hates you because you were born is just a tiny bit stressful! That woman is totally toxic to me! The allergist recommends yoga to deal with stress. Yep. Put a total klutz in yoga and watch the stress quadruple! LOL!

Thayr about ot on my neck of the wopds.