September Chat

iDog

A kennel specifically for long term members to chat
    • Gold Top Dog

The lunch went well--lots of laughs and stories about Dad. I teared up a few times, but it was because there was so much caring and love in the room. We did a dish-to-pass lunch--Dad's favorite kind of party because he got to eat lots of different foods. It was delicious and we all ate well. Someone made brownies stuffed with Godiva chocolate--yummmm! So, a good day.

The dogs love this cooler weather, as do I! Ronnie was a snuggle bunny on the bed last night  Mozey will want "her" down comforter soon. We had some good rain Thursday and Sunday, so I'm not sure what's going to happen in the garden. I already pulled the zucchini plants and the cucumber plants are ready to go, too. Everything else seems to still be producing. I've been eating more fresh figs--what a great crop this year, and they are good.

Happy Monday to all.

• Gold Top Dog

Since I'm usually on my phone and not computer I don't get on here often. Just doesn't work that easy from the phone. Have a hard time finding things. Had a lovely rainy weekend of agility this past weekend. We got some important qualifications though so that was a big plus. Just love the group that we do agility with. Everyone helps everyone out and we all cheer for each others dogs. The competitive part of it is more how we can do as a team with our own dog and not really competing against the other dogs and handlers. Everyone will help out with suggestions on how to run a certain course etc. It's just great. Have another trial this coming weekend. Will be at a different place but a lot of the same people. Just hoping it doesn't rain again. It rained all day last Saturday. What a great judge we had though. She stood out in the rain and had a smile on her face the whole day.

After the scare I had with my Gus dog and his bladder well, he ran some great courses. No one would have thought he was 11 years old. As long as he's liking it he can keep running. I just don't put him in very many classes. He didn't get the qualifications we wanted but he did a superb job and had fun and that is what matters. Corey is one who has the crowd turning this way and that as they are trying to help run him from the side lines. They were especially doing that for one of the important qualifications I was trying for ...and luckily I got it. Lots of cheering when we finished. Corey tires everyone out and this other little dog Alfie, belonging to someone else, makes everyone laugh. He's the cutest little guy... border collie/beagle cross is what he looks like. He was coming up to the table in one of the classes and he was supposed to jump on it. A short table is an obstacle on one of the courses and the dogs have to jump on it and lay down for the judges count to 5. Well, Alfie gets to it and gets down on the ground and crawls under it like it's one of the tunnels. There was no hesitation he just went down and crawled and out the other side. He helps to keep the humor of the sport going for all of us.

Have been having mega expenses with our 2003 trailblazer. It has 150 some odd thousand miles. It's cost us in the vicinity of probably close to $8000. Fact it's been at the repair shop since a week ago last Monday night. My husband has wanted me to buy a new SUV but they just don't make the midsize extended ones anymore and I'm just not excited about driving one of those full size ones like the Tahoe. At this point we pretty much need to keep the Trailblazer to get the money we've put into it back out of it. Just hope it doesn't give us any surprises on our trip south in October. Can't imagine what else could go wrong on it at this point though.

I do read everyone's post that come into my mailbox so trying to keep up with all of you that way, just don't get to post too often. I sure have rattled on and on with this post. Keep your posts coming though as I do enjoy hearing how you are doing.

• Gold Top Dog

Hi all hope everyone is good, been very busy just wanted to touch base and oh yeah send this link to Glenda : bernesemountaindog.rescueme.org/Maryland :)

• Gold Top Dog

Kate, I'm so glad it was a good day for you.

Gin......so NOT FAIR!!!!! The child is likely far too young to have that much responsibility and the poor pup is paying the price. However....those dogs are the size of small horses. Nuh uh!

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Frustration-tried to upload a pic of Jr at the dog park in the forum-nothing happened. Tried to put 4 pics in the gallery. Looked like one went, but can not find it. And I am running out of beer.

Tired dog. Lots of fun at the park today with some big dogs and a couple of small dogs-small dogs are in charge of everything at the park. Getting ready for an evening run, and thunder starts up in the middle of a sun shower.

The pics loaded into the gallery. Click on the first pic and more come up.

• Gold Top Dog

Sorry Sir Doug we haven't got onto looking at forum image upload on safari.

• Gold Top Dog

I was able to see the pics in the gallery. He looks great, Doug!  

• Gold Top Dog

Hi all, just got back from the Doctor for my Bionic Hip's 1 year anniversary.  I got an A+ and the other "real" hip is also looking good with no change in a year...woohoo!

Now I am back at work and it's crazy, Happy Friday!

• Gold Top Dog

Me again, Doug I saw all the pics in the Gallery but I couldn't post a comment in the gallery.... My comment is he is adorable.  I love the one by the stream, I think its my fav.

• Gold Top Dog

Great news about the hips Ginger!

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

53 degrees F this morning.  Sumac is turning red, trees are turning.  May be fall.  

Took Jr to the local WMA, and the wildflowers are really pretty.  Watched 3 eagles playing tag up high.  This WMA is only about 3 miles from the river, and is on a large shallow lake.  Must have been some late season hatches.  saw what looked to be a duckling flying with gray pinfeathers. Little bigger than a Robin.  

Sky was stalking a butterfly (still needs work).  He really enjoys working the grassland.  He has found the rocking gait that Piper and Rags used when hunting.  I am amazed at how biddable this dog is.  Out bouncing through the grass, and I can recall him with a short whistle (lips, not plastic).

Working on a pair of Adirondacks  chairs for my sons anniversary.  He is having a major October fest party the same day.  Live band, food, beverage, lots of people.  He lives on a cul-d-sac  and as everybody who lives there will be at the party, they are closing off the street. Get the neighbors drunk and they don't complain about the noise.

• Gold Top Dog

Doug, I'm on my way up to the Adirondacks for a week-long photography course. The ADK chairs are everywhere up there!  There's a great yoga book where all the poses are done sitting in an ADK chair. I stopped at an LL Bean store today...that killed the credit card.

Ginger--great news on the hip check up!

Maureen, it sounds like Gus had a good time at the trial--yeah!

Rock had his second class for pet therapy today, and he did well. He pays attention to everything and is exhausted after about 1 1/2 hours of class, so we leave. (The teachers encourage us to leave when the dogs have had enough.)  Even when he visits some of the Elders in their rooms, he looks at everything in the room while he's there.

• Gold Top Dog

I think I'm in deep doo-doo. Went to Tractor Supply today with DS to get some cat food. This is Pet Appreciation Week there and the Pyr rescue was there. DS fell in love with a 16 month old Pyr who only just came into rescue last nite. The dog is only a pup still and already enormous! Sweet boy though. And he fell in love with Ryan. He's up for adoption now, but needs to be vetted and altered so couldn't go home for a couple of weeks. Sanity may yet prevail......

• Gold Top Dog

WooHoo! Glenda, it sounds like preliminary congratulations are in order :-)

• Gold Top Dog

I have a few reservations about having a dog that weighs more than I do, and also a lifestock guardian breed. From what I saw Saturday, they also drool big time. But, he is a very sweet boy and if DS decides that this is our next dog, then so be it.

Looks like someone's bunny escaped or got sent on his/her way. Beautiful white bunny with brown ears, eyes and markings (definitely not a wild rabbit) has been hopping around the yard since yesterday. Guess I'll have to put some carrots out for it. Gosh, why does every stray/lost/hungry critter show up in MY yard? It's not like there is a sign out there or anything.......