Mindless chatter, weekend

• Gold Top Dog

Mindless chatter, weekend

It is pouring rain here.  I woke up at FIVE completely drenched in sweat.  Totally soaked.  I think that DH shut the windows last night anticipating our usual chilly nights and we didn't get there.  It had gotten quite sticky yesterday afternoon but then in the evening we got a nice cool breeze.  Must have left overnight and we got sticky, humid again instead.  Blech!  Hate waking up like that.

DH tells me that I majorly ticked off Corky last night.  I tend to fall asleep curled up on the padded bench at the table and then get up at some point and stagger off to bed.  Seems that I failed to say good night to Cork last night on my way past and she raised holy heck that she hadn't been told good night.  Now how the heck did she even know that I left the room?????  I'm amazed at what a funny little creature she is.  She's a DUCK, but she sure has a personality!

DS and I did some butt busting yesterday out at storage.  I dug through ALL the clothing wardrobes to find summer clothing, and consolidated everything I want to take immediately into one wardrobe.  Then we put everything together that we are going to load up Tuesday morning so it'll be a pretty quick stop at storage.  Just about everything will go in the Sportage, and what has to come in here will just be a temporary inconvenience since we'll be able to store some things inside the station until we find a house.  The one thing that is absolutely going with us is the Bunn coffee maker.  We've got a big one, the two burner type, and I'm going to be sooooo happy to drink really good coffee again!

So, today is off to work, tommorow is lunch with Mom, Monday is taking care of the tail end things and Tuesday "on the road again!"

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Glenda I am sooooooooo happy for you and all your family and for Blacklabbie and her now DH and furkids.  After checking things out today I should have had a few more drinks last night!

It has swiftly kicked into summertime here - 89* yesterday and woke up to steamed windows and a balmy 66* , 90*'s the next few days.

Bugsy & I were out walking at 6 am - on a Saturday.

I will be preparing for the disaster our house will be over the next few weeks.  Our house was built with polybutylene pipes which were subject to a class action case and we qualified to have the whole house replumbed.  So starting on Monday the plumbers arrive to replumb a 3100 squ ft house and they will have to tear up the crawlspace and all three floors (our attic is full height and has been converted and holds our hot water heater).  After they re-plumb it has to be inspected and then people come back to re-sheetrock everything.  All but 4 rooms will be effected.  UGH.  Depending on how it goes I might take B to a doggie daycare otherwise I will have to be stuck at home with him everyday, all day.

So lots of errands to do before I am on house arrest LOL and then tomorrow I have to clear all bathrooms, the kitchen, laundry room and the hot water heater area.

UGH that's all

• Gold Top Dog

Good for Corky. Why do I imagine that she is going to have a very bright future? Not only does she get you for a skin-mom, she gets an adventure of a lifetime to boot. You know not many ducks get to actually ride south. Maybe you should write a book, Corky's big adventure?

On a sad note, had a teenager in the office yesturday that had not one clue what Mount Rushmore is. I wonder if I said Yellowstone if they would have said Yogi Bear....do kids today even know about Yogi Bear?? And Booboo? Oh wait, thats Jellystone. I guess I am just flabergasted these days that the younger generation, and that is a general, have no clue about great places to visit here in the states.

We need a "Revitalize American Parks and Wonders commitee".

• Gold Top Dog

ACK!!!!!  Glenda!  A quick recap on this new development please...if you have a minute.  I'm going to go check and see if I can find it myself anyway...I assume good news?  I have got to stop taking time away from the forum!

I've been up for hours already.  It feels wierd.  Usually by the time I've been up this long its nearing lunch time.  This morning the girls were up early and T left at 5:45 so I had to get up with them.  Its usually his job.  But today I think I'll actually have to add a morning snack into our day before  lunch.  Its not even 9 yet.  

I really really need to get out and clean up the kennel.  Living in the snow all winter, things tend to get covered up before they get cleaned up.  The kennel has melted for the most part now, but it looks terrible.  I wanted Tyler to do it yesterday when he was off and the girls were at daycare...he didn't.  So I'm going to try today while I'm off and the girls are here with me.  Men!Angry

• Gold Top Dog

My job is going okay, so far but I'm actually only temporary. I get paid by journeyman staffing. So, that was just a 19 hour check because of how their pay week is structured. I'm still hoping the other staffing service comes through with the interview for a direct hire into a company that just got some school jobs (my forte.) The company involved I have actually worked with before. In 2007, I worked for a company for a short while and they ran short of work, so they loaned me out to this company on Rockwall Elem. school #11, which as a different name, now.

I was laid off on 3-17-09. I got my first of two requested unemployment payments yesterday, in the form of a debit card but at least it's through the bank I use, so no atm fees. And it was more than I thought it would be. It's approximately what one check would be when I thought it was going to be half of that. Cool-io. I could pay some bills.

• Gold Top Dog

Candance this is what JJ did for me this morning. He put up a fence for me so I could make Fynn's outside kennel bigger. And didnt complain one bit! No grumble,moan,groan,huffing, nothing like that! And he did his best to make sure it was tight enough too. I posted pictures if anyone wants to see. For once I can brag on him!Big Smile Not only was it something I wanted done. But it was also something that involved the dogs.

Hope Tyler will do something nice for you soon.

• Gold Top Dog

Lucky you.  I do the handyman stuff around her.  Not that that's bad.  I like doing stuff like that.  But sometimes it would be nice to have someone to take an interest in my projects.  Tyler has no sight when it comes to them.  He has no idea what I'm doing nor what its going to turn out like.  Plus he's got no aesthetic sense.  I told him I want to put a stone patio in the yard rather than build another deck.  He doesn't want to because all stone patios are ugly....I think he's picturing those big 2 X 2 slabs in a plain old grid pattern with weeds growing between them.  My plans are slightly more elaborate.  Does anyone have an extra grand or two kicking around that they don't need or want?

• Gold Top Dog

Well I cleared off a spot for a flower bed a few weeks ago and you know what he goes and does?!! He "accidently" sprinkled grass seed in my flower bed. Errrr. Luckly I have Samantha who is more than happy to pick the grass out! Lol. Dont worry JJ never knows what Im doing or what plans I may have. I think the only reason he helped me with the fence is because he's getting his very own puppy next Saturday and wants to be "involved" with the dog stuff. Does anyone know where the real JJ ran away to?

• Gold Top Dog

Haha!  do you really want to find him?

Sigh...I really really need to get outside to do some work out there.

• Gold Top Dog

I've missed so much around here! Finals an all....

BUT it's about 70 degrees here in Maine! Not a cloud in sight (seriously). We finally took the plastic off of our windows and have been enjoying the warm breeze. Lily got super muddy at a friends house today and was in no way allowed in my car after that...*snickers* she rode home with her dad tee hee hee.

The rest of this weekend is supposed to be beautiful! I'm off to go vacuume my car out and then we're goin' fishin'! I can't wait! I need to practice before Memorial weekend though....but I still won't touch a fish!

OH, last weekend I realized how smart Lily is. She has come such a long way (from accidentaly killing the cat) and not eating my socks and chewing our shoes to an intelligent girl. She minds well, listens when we speak to her and even plays fetch like a dog should (ie. dropping the ball and has learned "leave it";) I am such a proud momma!!

• Gold Top Dog

huskymom

Haha!  do you really want to find him?

Naw I think I like this new JJ! Lol.

Maybe if you wait until you know Tyler should be coming home to do the kennel he'll see you doing it and feel bad and do it himself! Just a thought.Big Smile

• Gold Top Dog

80 degrees here today! Bad t-storms though. That's ok, gives my grass a chance to sprout.

I went to a doggy massage seminar this morning. I took Abbie and she acted like a bone head. She went after every dog there. What am I going to do with her.

I ordered new carpet today though! I'm sick of not having carpet. I know, carpet is not good for a house with 3 dogs and a cat, but I like to walk around bare footed on something warm and soft. I'll just have to deal with the hair, dirt and such.

Off to watch blood diamond. Leo is so sexy, especially with an accent!

• Gold Top Dog

The fella who has been our pet massage therapist for years & his wfe are having a baby May 5th.  She has a health issue that makes her "high risk" so they've already scheduled her to be induced so they will have a full medical staff "on" prepared to deal with potental post-natal emergencies, etc. (her medical problem could set the baby up for heart problems outside of the womb).   Just a super nice couple we've become super fond of ... so David and I went to find the perfect "stuffed dog" for the baby.  He's gorgeous -- mostly Luna's coloring (he's supposed to be a hound of some sort, albeit far more soft and 'fluffy' than most hounds LOL). 

That's always MY favorite baby gift -- a big, sofr, floppy dog.  I don't mind being spendy on it either -- after all, a child's first "dog" should last them until they are past being too "old" to admit they have to all the way to "Yeah, he's still around -- some frienf of my folks gave it to me when I was born, but he still takes up half the closet" LOL  I mean shoot -- I still have MY first stuffed champanzee -- he's nearly old enough to qualify for social security now!  (Anybuddy on here old enough to remember J. Fred Muggs from the original Today Show?? LOL)

However, lest anyone be in doubt all is "right" with the world.   Tink is sucking Sucky Pony in the Timeshare Beddy and Mom's doing laundry and everbuddy else is chilled out ('cept Dad who's off trying to find a new printer cable so we can print Give Kids the World certificates).  Ahhh, i LOVE Saturday!

• Gold Top Dog

Karen, we had to have our house replumbed years ago for a similar reason.  We did have a water leak caused by the poly piping and our carpet was soaked, among other things. :(  Not a fun time but we stayed in a hotel, paid by the builder, and took the dogs with us, except one that a friend kept.  Hope your experience is smooth but count on delays and problems and then you won't be disappointed if they happen and you'll be mildly happy if they don't. :)

Glenda, all I can say is get used to the humidity.  And like Ron said, drink plenty of water whether you feel thirsty or not.  I love hot weather but just like cold temps, you have to acclimate and learn your limits.  Corky is the only bird going South in the Summer instead of North. lol

My flowers are just blooming like maniacs.  I forgot to mention that we got two inches of rain last weekend while I was gone.  I need to leave more often if it brings rain.  It's not even close to what we need to get out of this drought but it sure greened up everything and I saw some wildflowers ths morning on the way to the Vet. I also saw some farmers planting hay, probably.  I hope they can make a crop.

Oh and my good, sweet boy Rex who rarely puts a paw wrong,  peed on the bench in the Vet's waiting room!!  He just hiked that leg and marked it before I could do anything.  Oh, it was my fault for not paying attention to all his furious sniffing because I was too busy talking but I was so surprised.  I got some paper towels and cleaned up and apologized.  They laughed and said it's not the first time (obviously) and it won't be the last.  I was not happy with my boy. :(  No, he did not "need" to go, he went outside before we walked in the clinic. 

• Gold Top Dog

Oh yeah.  Been there done that humidity.  I'm not thrilled with that, but it will be nice to be able to go jump in the ocean again!  And hey, down the road we'll pick and choose where we WANT to live, so that'll be pretty cool.

Corky is such a unique little duck that I think she'll be PROUD to be the only bird going south for the summer!