Mindless chatter, weekend

• Gold Top Dog

The semester is over, YAY!  Turned in the last paper last night.  Feels so good.  It's tough, working full-time and taking graduate classes, I give folks who work and go to school tons of credit since the last three semesters have been painful.  And probably still four more to go :(  But, a master's will hopefully come in handy.

Now, time to pack.  We close on the house on Friday, and we move the following week.  This will be my 7th residence in 7 years.  Boy, am I sick of moving!  Hopefully, not again, for a long, long time.

And, it's like 88* here so I think I got sunburned walking from campus back to work yesterday!  Sheesh.

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

JackieG
    Karen, we had to have our house replumbed years ago for a similar reason.  We did have a water leak caused by the poly piping and our carpet was soaked, among other things. :(  Not a fun time but we stayed in a hotel, paid by the builder, and took the dogs with us, except one that a friend kept.  Hope your experience is smooth but count on delays and problems and then you won't be disappointed if they happen and you'll be mildly happy if they don't. :)

oh please don't tell me this - I get very stressed when the house is torn up so I am prepared for two weeks of it but if it goes on any longer I will be a wreck.  We have been lucky that the leaks have been in the crawlspace so far and are very grateful for the class action so that it is done without cost to us but UGH

OMG Bugsy just stole one of DH's crocs and they had a mighty game of keep away - very funny.  Bugs has been an imp all day with me as I have been packing up the stuff from under the sinks so I found it very humorous.  Fortunately they were DH's 'garage' crocs (should be in the bin crocs) so the tooth marks will not harm their appearance

Well going to go put a movie on "The Reader" I think

Julie I loved Blood Diamonds

• Gold Top Dog

Glenda  - FL, I'm so jealous. Did you post corky pics yet?

I think I'm going on a leo bender today. I'm about to watch another one of his movies. Can't remember what it's called though. Blood Diamonds was really good. Have you noticed that he dies in nearly all of his movies though?

I should be cleaning. I have lots to clean. Instead I'm watching movies.

Neiko is bored. I need to work on our frisbee routine because our first competition for the year is in 2 weeks. It's so muddy out though. I just don't want to deal with mud and mosquitos. 

Btw, the ticks are terrible this year. I have already found several on me and in the house. I come back with one every time we go hiking and I even wear deep woods off.

• Gold Top Dog

LOL!!  You're asking ME about pictures???  I will, I will.  I'm way past due on the dogs, the "new" kitty....the duckling.........however, wiill have to impose on someone to post FOR me since I don't know how to do it on the "new" forum.......tech challenged, that's me.

• Gold Top Dog

Jewlieee
    Btw, the ticks are terrible this year. I have already found several on me and in the house. I come back with one every time we go hiking and I even wear deep woods off.

Eeek! I feel about ticks like Glenda does about snakes. I had one on my wrist after swimming in a lake in Texas and I can remember thinking that if they couldn't pull it off, I'd just chop that part of my arm off. My grandma lived in South Carolina and we visited her a few times when I was really young. I don't know if something happened or what but I had a recurring childhood dream that I was on her porch and it was covered in ticks and I didn't know what to do. It was terrifying.

I spent the day cleaning, getting things organized so DH won't have to worry about which dog gets which food/med, etc. I packed, unpacked some stuff, repacked and I think it's good now. I really want to just get on a plane and buy stuff when I get there, but I guess that won't work. I always take way more than I need, but this time I tried to be realistic. I'm sooooo excited about getting away, seeing my BFF, her daughter and her two babies. They're going to pick me up at the airport and then we're going out for mexican food - yay! I have a 4 1/2 hour flight just to Atlanta and then another 1 1/2 hour from there, so it'll be a long day.

I'll miss checking on here, so everyone stay healthy and happy while I'm away and I'll look forward to an update from Glenda when I get back. Big Smile

• Gold Top Dog

Congrats on everything Glenda! I can only imagine how excited you must be Party!!!

Well, despite the weather forcast, today was beautiful here up until about 3:00 when it looked like the world was ending outdoors. In a matter of 10 minutes it went from completely sunny to very dark, high winds and pouring rain. It stopped about an hour later. 

FH and I dragged the shop vac out and cleaned out our cars this morning. Mine was fine, it's usually pretty clean, I just had to contend with dog hair. His on the other hand....gross. He has never been one to keep his car clean. Ever since I met him his car has always been messy and dirty. A dirty car is a giant pet peeve of mine. He went in a ditch the beginning of winter and this ditch was full of water. It was more if a river....the back end of the car filled up with water. He cleaned it out as best he could in -10 degree temps with no garage. Well that was a nice sight today, coupled with the large garbage bag full of garbage he dragged outta there. 

Tomorrow we are going to a livestock sale of sorts and meeting a friend for lunch. Mexican food. Yum!

• Gold Top Dog

Cathy, have a wonderful vacation!

I'll get myself back on line as soon as I possibly can.  If I can score some WIFI on the way I'll hop right on!  Only when I'm not driving of course!

• Gold Top Dog

Glenda, congarts on the impending move!  I'm so happy for you.

Cathy, have a great time on vacation.

DH threw a surprise b-day party for me last night.  I hate surprises, but it was really sweet that he did it for me.

I am in a bit of a funk.  Normally, I bounce off the walls all the time.  Recently, I just have no motivation to do anything.  Today, I did force myself to go to the farmer's market for food.  Then I came home & did nothing.  (Unless you count sitting on the deck for a bit, & sleeping the rest of the day doing something.)  Maybe tomorrow I will be more productive.

DH & the kids left this morning for a camping trip.  The house is really, really quiet.  I thought that I was going to love the peace & quiet, but I really kinda miss the noise.

• Gold Top Dog

Amanda, I would think that you are on an emotional roller coaster with the adoption stuff and it's pretty darned normal to have some days like that when you've got so much going on.  But, a medical check up wouldn't hurt if this persists.  I will admit that for me there have been days that I just don't want to leave the RV.  Sometimes all the cheerleading and keeping DH "up" just wears me down and even a tough old broad like me gives in to doing nothing.

It is STILL raining like crazy here.  Started Friday night and is apparently going to be an all weekend soaker.  We're taking my Mom out for dinner today and I had hoped the weather would be decent....maybe a nice drive along the Bay, but that sure isn't going to happen.  So, guess it'll be a nice meal and a visit.

Apparently my friend C is still catting around.  M called the house this morning at 6 for a babysitter so he could go do his UA without dragging the kids out, so that means that C didn't bother to come home again.  Does she not realize that the way she's behaving could cost her custody???  She's all but abandoned her children the past 6 weeks.  And one of them doesn't even belong to M!  The baby is the result of an affair she had LAST time they were divorcing.  M has raised him as his own and loves the little boy as much as his own daughter, so I give him credit for that.  As many problems as they have in their marriage and as much of a control freak, MAYBE abuser, as he can be, he's a darned good dad.  And now she's moving in with ANOTHER guy......and the kids keep getting left with good old M.  Sigh.

Guys, I was way too efficient getting stuff done and ready for the move.  I have NOTHING to do now but to sit and wait!  And that is not something I do well.  I'm sooooo antsy!!  And of course since most of the colder weather clothes are in storage, NOW we get mid 40's!  Somehow I don't think shorts are gonna cut it today!

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Amanda what Glenda said plus you lost someone very dear to you recently and that can sometimes take a bit to set in and hit.  If all you want to do is chill today - chill!

Well I was up and out again this morning as Bugsy just can't do the real heat so we have to get done before the sun is all the way up.  Went for a bike ride as I really wasn't up for a run and he got on the scent of Campbell and pulled me most of the first mile until we met up with Campbell.  Surprise Then we caught them up on our way home and B pulled me up the last hill which is about a 1/3 a mile long.  At first I was concerned now I think hey I could get used to this. LOL When we got to the top Campbell was frolicking in someone's sprinkler system - too funny.  So once they said hello again I had to use our 'go fast' command so we sprinted the final 1/4 mile.  Not exactly the quite ride I had in mind at 6:30 am.

Glenda good job getting all that done - I have the kitchen sink area to pack up today and then bring on the plumbers!  I plan on enjoying my intact home and peace and quiet today.

92* yesterday and hotter today - I'm not really ready for all this heat

• Gold Top Dog

IS IT TUESDAY YET??????

• Gold Top Dog
    What a great weekend this has turned out to be. Friday I did a long hike with a friend and our dogs. Sat it rained but I did the massage seminar and got to watch some movies (I don't do that often). Today I poked around the house a bit then met some friends and their dogs at a diff hiking spot and we spent 1.5 hrs out there. The dogs had a blast. Of course lily found something dead to roll in so she got a hose down. Then we all went and played frisbee. The weather is perfect, the birds are chirping and we are now all chilling on my back deck. Doesn't get much better than this!
    • Gold Top Dog

IS IT TUESDAY YET?

• Gold Top Dog
    No Glenda, it's not freaking Tuesday yet! LOL. Excited much? Ya better not drink any coffee or anything in the next couple days, you might explode!

I wish it was the end of the semester...one week left. In fact, I wish I was GRADUATING. Not like there are jobs out there, especially for me, but it would be nice to not be in school. Hopefully I can recharge my batteries over summer vacation.

Bevo's mom, I hope you feel better soon. Sometimes I feel like I want to stay in bed, so I do.

Is the semester over yet????

• Gold Top Dog

sl2crmeg
    Is the semester over yet????

ugh. I wish.

I just picked up an aussie puppy today - which is NOT helping me focus on my homework/studying... one more week left, then finals. I CANNOT wait!