The vet lost Ginger. (Update.. Bad news though)

• Gold Top Dog

The vet lost Ginger. (Update.. Bad news though)

I took Ginger to the vet to get her spayed. They called me 3 hours later saying she slipped out of the leash thing they had on her and they cant find her?! WHAT???

First off Ginger loves people and she has a great recall for a 6 month old. She doesnt run away from anyone. So how the heck did they lose her? Where is my dog? 

I went there and searched everywhere. I went to the pound and left my info. No news. What am I supposed to do? I am so confused how the vet could have lost my dog.

• Gold Top Dog

kle1986
    What am I supposed to do? I am so confused how the vet could have lost my dog.

Sorry to head about that but it can and has happened before.

Here is some good info on what to do.

http://www.huskyhaven.org/education/zfind_lost_pet.htm

• Gold Top Dog

WHAT? You cant be serious? I wouldnt know wether to cry or raise hell? I'm baffeled and really really sorry this is happening to you. What when and where were they doing with her?

• Gold Top Dog

That's absolutely insane. What kind of office do they have? Are there doors open where they can run out? Oh my gosh, I can't even imagine what I'd be thinking. I would be making flyers and plastering them everywhere near that office. Put "reward" on it too. I'd ask that vets office to contact every other vet office in the area and ask them to be on the lookout. Gosh, I'm so sorry, I don't know what to say. I can't help but believe you're going to find her, but I know I'd be a complete mess right now Crying 
    • Gold Top Dog

Wow I though dogs were on bed rest right after a spay at least until the owners come and get them and take them home..

I hope you find her very soon and shes alright. Good thoughts and prayer to you and Ginger that she is found safe and sound. And found SOON.

• Gold Top Dog

This vet is a vet that takes care of farm animals too so their off the main road a bit. I've never had trouble taking my dogs there.

Here's their story.

The nurse went to walk Ginger to let her potty before her spay surgery. The nurse started talking to another nurse who came out to ask her something and let the leash get loose and Ginger slipped out. They went running after her.

Me- WHAT????? Why not call her to them? Not start running at her. I mean she's 6 months old. Some one running at you means you want to play right?

Anyways she took off running away and went across the road into the woods. They cant find her.

I dont get why they took her original collar off in the first place. So I guess tomorrow I will be searching for her. Hopefully she's found. Samantha keeps asking me when she's coming home. 

• Gold Top Dog

OMG! This is terrible! I have never heard of anything like that. I'm am so sorry! And they took her collar off? This is just insane! I would be freaking out and raising a huge stink! They would be out there helping me find her.

I SO hope we hear tomorrow that she is found and all is well. My thoughts are with you. Come back, Ginger!  

• Gold Top Dog

kle1986

So I guess tomorrow I will be searching for her

Why wait until tomorrow? 

I sincerely hope you find her asap and everything is ok. 

• Gold Top Dog

I would be more than angry.  Measures are supposed to be taken to ensure this doesn't happen.  We double leashed all dogs when we took them out at the vet where I worked.  I would be having the vet pay for flyers to hang up in the area as well as contacting all other vets in the area.  It should be part of their responsibility to help find her. 

• Gold Top Dog

I have no car. We have 3 cars but one has a broken brake line, one is a stick I cant drive, and the other car's fuel pump is out. My car is getting a new brake line first thing in the morning so I will be out looking for her. 

And I also have a 2 year old daughter I have to take care of. I have someone watching her tomorrow while I go searching the city for Ginger.

Believe me if I could be out looking for her right now I would be. I went looking for her as soon as they called me and told me. I just got back home. And it's been raining.  

• Gold Top Dog

Man I'd be out there with smelly food and yelling my lungs out.  I'd also get posters up all around there -- what road do these 'woods' ultimately come out near?  She must be SO scared.  What efforts are THEY making to find her?? 

They're morons -- don't they KNOW running after a dog will make them bolt?? 

• Gold Top Dog

Holy cow.   That VET should be getting a search party together right now and looking for as long as it takes.

Most vets have you take your collar off when you bring the dog in -- I'm sure someone who knows more can go into details.

I really hope she's found soon.

• Gold Top Dog
    I hope you find her soon! I'm so sorry this happened :(
    • Gold Top Dog

The nurse said she and the other nurse looked for Ginger for an hour. But they were getting busy and it was raining too hard so they went back to work. Then hoping Ginger would show back up they didnt call me until 3 hours later.

They didnt even call animal control. I did that immediately after getting there.  

Let's just say after me going off on them a few of their costumers left before getting their pets seen. 

This road is 2 miles off a busy freeway. That's what is scaring the crap out of me. I mean Ginger is a little handicapped because she only has one eye.

• Gold Top Dog

They take collars off to prevent them from getting lost or mixed up, at least that's why we do it when we have dogs coming in for different things.

Things happen. Dogs get scared, and run. I wouldn't lay whole blame on the vet. JMO. I would be out there NOW. Rain, snow, lightning, I would be looking for my dog. I did it for 3 weeks straight when my cat got out. I was circling my neighborhood for hours upon hours. I was at every animal shelter in the county daily. If I was close to the border between two different counties - you can bet I would be over there too. I would not wait until morning. So many things can happen over night.