Stupid stray dogs!!!!!

• Gold Top Dog

Stupid stray dogs!!!!!

I just called the local humane society because we have a "dumb-as-a-box-of-rocks" stray running around our business' property.  He's been here since this morning and I'm quite certain that the guys who work here aren't helping (playing with, petting & feeding him).  Earlier today he wasn't my problem, but now he's discovered that there are dogs in this office and I can't let them outside to go to the bathroom without him completely getting in our face.  He's not aggressive, he's stupidly friendly and won't go away.  Luke even growled and snarled at him when I told him to get rid of the other dog and he just laid down and then came back for more.

So now I'm sitting here trying to hold a squirming puppy on my lap that I'm quite certain needs to poo, but I can't put him outside because of that stupid stray who won't leave him alone (Kaiser, being the timid type, screams when the dog comes after him).

The humane officer is supposed to be coming shortly, but it's a good half hour trip for them at least.

The dog has a collar, but classic, no tags.  Lovely.  I bet he's someone's pet, but now he's my problem.

Just had to vent.

• Gold Top Dog

poor dog..... no telling his circumstances. i just hope his owners will actually look for him and if they do find him i hope they take better care in the future Sad  

• Gold Top Dog

Wow if your dog ever gets loose I hope the person who finds him is a litttle more understanding theny ourself. Gosh I know he's a pain and is interferring with your day but at least he's a nice boy which means he most likely comes from a family who trained him to be nice. If you have a moment and a spare leash or rope why not tie him up safely away from cars or the road until AC gets there? That would also solve your problem of being able to take your dogs out. A quick post on craigs list would have taken you less time then it did to vent on here which is one of the the first place's his owner might look for him.

What if this poor guy gets hit by a car? What if this was your baby?

• Gold Top Dog

AuroraLove
    Wow if your dog ever gets loose I hope the person who finds him is a litttle more understanding theny ourself.

Agreed. I have nothing further to say on this matter. *shakes head*

• Gold Top Dog

Sorry, I guess my mind just wasn't thinking that way when I'm trying to keep a nuisance dog away from a scared puppy.

If my dog was missing, I would guess I'd be out looking for it.  This thing has been here all day.  I feel bad for the dog; not so sure about his owners....

Our property is far from the main road, so that is not a worry.  He's got more to worry about with our forklifts running around, which he does seem to have managed to avoid.

• Gold Top Dog

So why don't you bring him inside, leave him in a bathroom or something. Mayeb his owners work all day, as many people do, and they don't even know that their dog is not home.

It's not the dogs fault he's a stray at the moment. He sees people, he's just trying to be friendly. Could be a lot worse.

• Gold Top Dog

i say never make the mistake of believing that will never happen to you. you never know what circumstances will uproot your home and shove you out into the city..

i understand your frustration totally because i've been dealing with similar things - in some cases much worse because most strays i meet are cat killers or chicken chasers... but they are true strays with no attachment to a home except for the last place where they managed to steal food. thankfully that doesnt happen often here but it does happen....  

• Gold Top Dog

If he's been there all day I doubt that he knows of a better place to go. I'd be more worried about him if he was chased off.

• Gold Top Dog

I know strays can be a pain. There is a local hound who gets loose all the time and he bites Rory's leash when we walk. He's a goofy freak and just wants to hang out and I return him home everytime.....sure the owners are stupid and say thaks everytime like its no big deal but if I ever found he got hit by a car it would break my heart. He sure is a better alternative to that mean mean ridgeback who comes charging out fo his driveway....we dont walk that way anymore, LOL

• Gold Top Dog

I think you did the right thing...in calling animal control.  Who knows, someone might have dumped the dog off in the area...happens all the time, unfortunately.

• Gold Top Dog

Wow... i'm sorry, but I just cannot relate to your post at all and was shocked to read that on a dog board. I live in an area where unfortunately there are quite often strays... some often bark in front of my house causing the dogs to go nuts or be scared. Each and every one, I have thought about how I would feel if that were my dog that I'd lost and I find a way to help it, not call it stupid and hope it leaves. My front porch, garage, and bathroom have been home to strays on numerous occasions where i'd find the incredibly thankful owner or eventually find a no kill shelter. I personally carry a slip collar leash combo in my car at all times ot catch said "stupid stray dogs" so they don't get hurt.

I feel sad for that dog, and wish you'd not try and "shoo" it, but help it, bring it in and keep it safe from those fork lifts rather than marvelling at it's ability to not get hit. How would you feel if it DID get hit by the forklift? I wish I lived closer to you... i'd come get it. and no, it wouldn't be easy, I have a dog with a torn CCL that can't be disturbed and two others, but I'd find a way.

I would understand if this dog was viscious but "stupidly friendly" and won't go away?!?!?! 

wow, seriously, wow. 

• Gold Top Dog

Wow is right! As someone who also owns dogs and is into it enough they are a forum member, I am surprised you would feel that way about a friendly dog. If your puppy isn't old enough to have its final set of vacs or you don't have your dogs on a wormer, I can understand you being really concerned. Still, why would you feel the need to become hostile with the dog, going so far as to possibly instigate a fight (between Luke and said "stray";)? That's truly an irresponsible move. I know I am new here and I hope this response doesn't cause bad blood, but really, why would you treat an animal that way?

• Gold Top Dog

Beejou

Still, why would you feel the need to become hostile with the dog, going so far as to possibly instigate a fight (between Luke and said "stray";)? That's truly an irresponsible move.

I was thinking the same.

• Gold Top Dog

erica1989

So why don't you bring him inside, leave him in a bathroom or something. It's not the dogs fault he's a stray at the moment. He sees people, he's just trying to be friendly. Could be a lot worse.

I agreeDog

• Gold Top Dog

DumDog

i say never make the mistake of believing that will never happen to you.  

This is sooo true.  Max has managed to sneak out three times now - once when the fence between my house and the house next door was being replaced, once when my son was loading a truck and left the front door open and most recently when the yard crew didn't make sure the gate was closed behind them. Fortunately, Max wears an ID tag with all pertinent info on it, and he's super friendly - he'll walk along with anybody. The first time a man called me from the park where Max had taken himself, the second time someone walked him home and the third time my neighbor came to the door with him in tow. In all  three cases, he had  been in the house just a few minutes before and I had no idea at all that he managed to get out.

Joyce