Memorial Tattoos

• Gold Top Dog

Memorial Tattoos

With the recent death of Harley, I've been thinking about getting a memorial tatto, possibly two little paw prints with angel wings to remember him by.

Does anyone have one for a pet that has passed away? If so, would you mind sharing what your tattoo looks like. Thank you!  

• Gold Top Dog

Aw, I think that's sweet!  I don't know of anyone w/ pet tattoos, but a friend of mine died when we were 12 and her mom found this doodling she did of a vine and had it tattooed on her wrist.  Another friend works at V Tech and got an anklet tattoo.  The "charm" is a VT logo and the "links" are one for each of the victims (shooter included).

• Gold Top Dog

I don't know anyone with a pet memorial tatoo, but I think that it's a really nice idea. 

• Gold Top Dog

I like your idea.  It sounds sweet. 

I had an African Grey that died a few years ago.  I got a memorial tattoo of her.  She was so funny and so fierce...  I wanted to remember her like that, so I got her posed like an eagle tossing lightening bolts.  I miss her so much.  Crying

• Gold Top Dog

I've always thought about that. I've seen it done a couple of times on Miami Ink.

Here's some pictures I found:

http://z.about.com/d/tattoo/1/0/I/j/061104n.jpg

http://www.christophermark.ca/tattoos/tattoos_large/dog_big.jpg

http://www.burkodss.com/TTTats/TroyDog2.gif (this one's my favorite)

• Gold Top Dog

I'm not really into tatoos, but when I read this it made me remember...when my FIL passed away earlier this year, the funeral home actually cremated peoples pets.  What they did have for you as a rememberance was a necklace you could buy with a copy of their nose print, or paw print, which I thought was really cool.  On the back was the pets name date of birth/death.  That's all I can remember for sure, but I thought it was a sweet way to always remember, without the pain of being tatooed.  :)

• Gold Top Dog

Janet808
    I'm not really into tatoos, but when I read this it made me remember...when my FIL passed away earlier this year, the funeral home actually cremated peoples pets.  What they did have for you as a rememberance was a necklace you could buy with a copy of their nose print, or paw print, which I thought was really cool.  On the back was the pets name date of birth/death.  That's all I can remember for sure, but I thought it was a sweet way to always remember, without the pain of being tatooed.  :)

That's really neat. Where was this if you don't mind me asking? ..Do they have a website?

• Gold Top Dog

I have a griffin, as a tribute to my first bearded dragon (my heart dragon) whose name was griffin.

• Gold Top Dog

THanks for all the posts! I'm meeting with an artist tomorrow to try and design one. I do love the dog footprint where the dog's face appears!

• Gold Top Dog
    I think your idea is wonderful! I actually got two small paw prints a few years back in honor of my two doggies... even tho both were still with me at that time. Now, I'm thinking of adding a third w/angel wings to represent FeFe. Most folks around here thought I was crazy (I live in a TEENIE town) but I'm very satisfied with it... and that's all that counts!
    • Puppy
    You could try a Chinese style tattoo, some models here:
    • Gold Top Dog

Just wanted to update everyone to let you know that I went ahead and got Harley's memorial tattoo. I had my first sitting last wednesday and I'll go back for the final sitting in about 3 weeks. Right now it's just the outline and some shading. When I go back I will have all the color added in.

The tattoo it self is Harley's pawprint (I had it enlarged) with wings and bursts of light come from behind the pawprint. I really liked the burst of light idea that the artist came up with. It represents how strong and vibrant Harley was while he was alive.

Here's a pic of the half done tattoo. I'll post another once the color has been done.

Cheers!

• Puppy

With the loss of my Doxie I did a paw print with a halo and her name in a banner.

I've also seen a paw print with a halo and large angel wings. 

In whatever you choose, it will be awesome.

• Gold Top Dog

I recently won a free tattoo (they didnt really give me a price limit, but it has to be reasonably small) in a raffle at my sisters baby shower. Im getting Baileys paw print, but I havent decided where to put it yet.. Ill be getting it within the next couple weeks, so I'll be posting pics once its done Stick out tongue

• Gold Top Dog

I saw a tv show where a guy had this basenji with a white spot on its back, and he got the same spot tattooed on the same place on his back....just thought it was cool...though, when Maggie passes, I WILL NOT get a mowhawk tattooed on my nose.Tongue Tied