Web design friends - link color question

• Gold Top Dog

Hey just wait until HTML 5 rolls out!  It is going to replace things like Adobe Flash and many things that require browser plug-ins.

• Gold Top Dog

Forget the beer. Somebody just smack me upside the head with the 2x4 please. Kthx.

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Jan I know this won't make your head hurt any less but I have never figured out why dailyzoomie renders the way it does - it shouldn't.  Leslie helped me out I uploaded that and it still didn't render properly.  I gave up - it just looks different in the various browsers and when I change something it often screws a whole lot up - made me soooooooooooo crazy and frustrated.

I did a site for my sister and had absolutely no issues - go figure

• Gold Top Dog

Internet Explorer still does not follow the W3C standards for web design and rendering. If you make it look right in Firefox, then it typically looks right in Opera and Safari, however IE may still look stupid. There are small things that can be done to fix those differences, but it does create quite the headache.

For example, if you have a width, then 25%, 25%, 25% and 25% should create 4 equally spaced "items" of the same width. IE does not like that. It says, no two have to be 24% because if not, it moves the 4th down a line.  Firefox, creates 4 equally spaced items of the same width and keeps them on the same line.

So fixing the two items to be 24% causes a slight decrease in size in Firefox which if the background is not the same color, is visible. IE will show it fine though.  This is how my company's home page is. 4 pictures of fluid width across the top.  IE won't show them on the same line with that small adjustment, whereas Firefox showed a blue line at the end of the last picture because the background is blue. Our membership is a majority of IE users, so have to code for them.

• Bronze

Thank you for sharing your experience, guys!

• Bronze

I recently found a helpful article on digitizing old photos, which made me think about the importance of maintaining quality and consistency in web design. When dealing with link colors and layout issues across different browsers, it can feel like preserving the integrity of old photos while transitioning them to digital format. Each small adjustment can make a big difference in the final presentation storables.com/.../how-to-store-old-photos-digitally Just as you take care in ensuring photos are properly scanned and stored, the same attention to detail is crucial in web design to create a seamless user experience.