Your Dream Breed

• Gold Top Dog

For my next dog, I'd like to adopt an older Dane that needs a home, or even help with foster.  My aunt had one when I was growing up and I have always been fascinated with them!

• Gold Top Dog
    I would get a Briard.
    • Silver

I think that if I had a lot of excess time on my hands I'd get a show Standard Poodle. I must be a glutton for punishment. I'm partial to the silvers, but I'd probably go all out and get a white one. And then of course I'd keep its hair wrapped and banded and snooded up and spend hours brushing and scissoring and blow drying. Every time I see a really *NICE* Standard Poodle at a dog show I think "Oh man. . I really want one" but I think I've got enough dog hair in my Beardie, Polish Lowland and Persian to keep me busy for the time being.

• Gold Top Dog
    Smooth Ibizan Hound, hands down. Preferably dark red and white, Irish spotted, with light eyes lol! One day I will have a beezer, but for now I'll settle for my pack of little papillons. I'd also like a border collie or an Aussie one day.
    • Gold Top Dog
    *sigh*...only one breed?? I'd have to go with a Swedish Vallhund then.
    • Gold Top Dog

It's really hard to pick just one! But the first breed that came to mind was the Komondor.

they are such unique dogs! I would LOVE to have one! 

• Puppy
    Dgriego what type of dog is that? THe grey one with the pointy ears, Ive been searching all over the internet to figure it out and had to make a profiile on here just to ask you this... thanks
    • Bronze

cannybusdriver
    Dgriego what type of dog is that? THe grey one with the pointy ears, Ive been searching all over the internet to figure it out and had to make a profiile on here just to ask you this... thanks

I believe that is a Thai Ridgeback...

Beautiful creatures, aren't they?

• Gold Top Dog
    BlackLabbie

Bloodhound.

I have one, I wanted this breed for 5 years before I finally found one. She was free on Craig's List and an absolute doll. Don't give up, your dream dog is out there somewhere!
    • Gold Top Dog

krbshappy71
    BlackLabbie

Bloodhound.

I have one, I wanted this breed for 5 years before I finally found one. She was free on Craig's List and an absolute doll. Don't give up, your dream dog is out there somewhere!

Smile Someday I'll own one! I just want to be 100% prepared, as I understand this breed can be a LOT of work! I'd love to work with one doing SAR or tracking.  

• Gold Top Dog

I noticed this was a older thread but couldnt resist looking at it for everyone's dream breed.  I find it very interesting that so many dream breeds are now IDog family members.   I cant believe so many of you got your Dream breed since 2008. Big Smile

• Gold Top Dog

shadowsgin

I noticed this was a older thread but couldnt resist looking at it for everyone's dream breed.  I find it very interesting that so many dream breeds are now IDog family members.   I cant believe so many of you got your Dream breed since 2008. Big Smile

Yep interesting eh? Lol. I think I got mine that same year! well one of mine. I still don't have a TM and probably won't til the kids are long out of the house. Smile

• Gold Top Dog

I would like to have Siberian Husky and Akita Inu, I am crazy over them!Stick out tongue

• Bronze

I fell in love with my cousins little dachshund, then found a mix that was in danger so he became mine instantly! other than that, i don't have a dream breed, I love beagle mixes more than anything, and I already have two of them :) I am and always will be a mutt lover!

• Gold Top Dog

I'm not sure.  DH wants a Bernese Mountain Dog next, which I'm fine with if we could move somewhere with a bigger yard. 

I love Echo so much, that I'd love to have a wavy or curly PWD in the future, also a Tibetan terrier or lowchen, mini poodle (black).... :)