rwbeagles-GSD from "I Am Legend"

• Gold Top Dog

I know the feeling my German Shepherd girl Sky gets called a Black and Tan Siberian Husky all the time. I have no clue the type of lines she from though.

• Gold Top Dog

I refused to see that movie after watching the previews. It looks like the dog doesn't make it. I can't watch movies like that!! LOL I have been a Cop/Firefighter/EMT in my lifetime and I still can't watch animals being hurt! Plus the fact I'm prego and emotional they would prob kick me out of the theater!

• Gold Top Dog

yep, Kaiser's a long haired black lab with erect ears ;)

• Gold Top Dog

scoobychick

I know the feeling my German Shepherd girl Sky gets called a Black and Tan Siberian Husky all the time. I have no clue the type of lines she from though.

Got a picture? 

• Gold Top Dog

scoobychick

People call her a black and tan husky?  Weird.  Black and tan huskies are very rare.
    I think even If I saw one in person, I'd be inclined to think it was a mix.   I'm surprised that anyone would suggest than a B&T dog was a husky of any sort.  People won't believe that my Kena is a husky because he isn't black or grey.

http://www.huskycolors.com/tan.html 

I have seen some previews for this movie, and I don't think I could ever see it.  It CAN'T turn out well for that poor dog.  The previews were very dog-heavy.  I'm in love with that puppy already.  OMG-- where she looks at the butterfly?!?!  So sweet.  I couldn't bear if anything happened to her.  I pretty much teared up at the part in the preview where he picks her up and is screaming.  Crying

I can't handle it when dogs die in movies.  I haven't  seen Eight Below yet, and I don't think I ever will. 

Except I do enjoy The Thing.  I think it's because you don't really get attached to those dogs, and it's sooooo obviously fake when the thing overtakes them or when they are killed. 

• Gold Top Dog

Ihearthuskybutts
    People call her a black and tan husky?  Weird.  Black and tan huskies are very rare.

I had never seen one until you linked the pics. It must be a new line or crossbreeding. To my knowledge, black and tan is not in the original foundation stock in the early 20th century for Sibes bred in the americas (example, the Seppala line) and was not in the chukchi dog line for over 1,000 years. Just as the all white Sibe is not orginal foundation stock but a result of selective breeding for color.

• Gold Top Dog

You'd be surprised at how many movies w/ dogs came from shelters, etc.  I can't remember the name of the movie...but there was a dog and it was from a local shelter.  It was an older movie.  I couldn't tell you if it was a purebred or mix, but it was a shaggy kind of dog...darn, it's on the tip of my tongue (the movie, that is).  Uuuuggghh!  I hate that! 

I get a lot of people who ask me what kind of dog Misty is, but then again, I live in the suburbs so, there's not a lot of BC's around.  But we do get people who, after talking to them about how she likes to swim, say, "I didn't know border collies could swim?", DUH, just like any other dog, if introduced to the water, can swim...at least most of them.   I know, some can't on account of their build, but it's not like Misty has short stubby legs and a great big belly.  I always tell people, she's a BC, you know like in Babe!  You  know, the talking pig!  LOL

• Gold Top Dog

I don't see how anyone could mistake Kenya for anything other than a purebred GSD.  My first GSD was wolf sable. (coloring, not part wolf)  Lizzy is sable also and she's a mixed breed.

• Gold Top Dog

houndlove

Seriously Liesje? People actually ask you that and can't identify Kenya as a pure GSD?  That just blows my mind!

I get asked if Jack is a lab mix all the time.  I've even had some guy insist he was part rottie...

• Gold Top Dog

RWBeagles- what is the movie Hachi-ko?  Its bad when any movie/show comes out and a swarm of people go after a breed on impulse, but a swarm of ignorant people after akitas could be super dangerous! 

• Gold Top Dog

The Hachiko movie is here... http://us.imdb.com/title/tt1028532/

• Gold Top Dog

ah yes..the story about the oh-so-loyal akita that followed his master to the train station every day, and then when his owner died at work one day, the akita continued to wait at the station for him to come home..im sure it will be al ovely story, it really is touching.  But it really does botehr me that now not only is it a movie about an akita, but it will portray the akita as such a nice lovely loyal dog.  Now dont get me wrong, they are loyal, and such..but not a golden retriever type loyal.  This is a whole nother ball game.  I just pray they wont take a surge in popularity.  You take poor breeding and mix it with irrisponsible owners all with akitas, and you end up with man killers.

• Gold Top Dog
    I'm honestly not a big GSD fan (no offence to those who are) and when I saw this movie I fell in love with that dog! She was BEAUTIFUL and it made me wanna get one. lol
    • Gold Top Dog

She was BEAUTIFUL and it made me wanna get one. lol

And that's what Shepherd fanciers like myself worry about... 

• Puppy

Abby Came from a California Kennel , She is AKC , CH sired by a Dog out of San Jose . She was about 1 1/2 half when she was sold to Hollywood Paws. They Came up and Seen her , and loved her right away . Yes its true , She hardly new what to think when you called her name, as I didnt know her well enough to play with her . I was working at the Breeders Kennel at the Time, and Abby was sold because she was on the smaller side/ to light. She did Pass her OFAp's .   Abby is an exceptianal dog. http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2192283970039302523xhzTUq"> src="http://thumb3.webshots.net/t/48/48/2/83/97/2192283970039302523xhzTUq_th.jpg" alt=""Abby"  Champion sired girl 2yo on the hay bale ready to fetch ! $ 1500">  pictures before she was sold.

I truly thought the people where Lying when they told me what they where going to be doing with her, I would not even take a personal check , which is the Kennel's policy . They had to come back to get her.

I have seen Less and Less breeding of German Shepherds in my Area, not more. If you have seen the Modesto/Stanislas Laws and the New Sacromento laws you would know why. Good breeders will keep breeding small like they always do , keeping in mind health and personality over $. 

I have read there is a 2nd Dog , She even had puppies for them. I hear Abby had to be spayed for some reason. I am new to the Dog community, so my answer is slow because I just today got my password.  I cant wait to hear back on new information of what they do with her. I heard that Will Smith was begging to keep her.