Prayers for Jessie please

• Gold Top Dog

Prayers for Jessie please

She is at Purdue small animal hospital and has kidney failure. The plan is to have her on fluids for 48 hours and see how her kidneys respond. She has been going through a serious flare up of her pancreatitis and they think it may have caused her kidneys to crash. They're doing an ultrasound tomorrow to look for tumors or lesions on her kidneys. The vet said she thinks that Jessie is the oldest patient she has treated and said she's 105 in human years. Up until this recent bout of pancreatitis she was doing well, including taking daily walks, but now her outlook is grim and we would truly appreciate some healing vibes. Janice
    • Gold Top Dog

Janice, TONS of prayers coming from here. Jessie, gentle rubs for you--let the doctors do their thing so you can feel better. (((hugs)))

• Gold Top Dog

Janice, I'm sorry to hear about this crisis.  Sending you a huge supply of strong, calming vibes and sending Jessie just as many strong, healing vibes.  I hope she is stabilized ASAP.  I'm sure she's getting the very best care at Purdue.  You'll both be in my thoughts tonight; keep us opted.  (((Janice)))

• Gold Top Dog

Janice, I just saw this thread this morning.  Sending Jesse healing vibes and lots of hugs for you.

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Lots of prayers are on the way. Hugs to you!

• Gold Top Dog

((((((Janice))))))

Gentle rubs for Jessie

• Gold Top Dog

Oh Janice -- sending you all my hugs.  I am so sorry.  You will be in my thots and prayers!!  Jessie has a salmon-colored sticky on my printer

• Gold Top Dog

Janice I am sending Jessie some stong feel better vibes, some calm comforting vibes for you.

• Gold Top Dog

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers, and for the hugs; they seem to have helped. We visited her this afternoon and she's feeling much better! She even ate for us which is very good news, was much more alert and active. She was transferred from emergency to the medicine department this morning and the internist she's been seeing for over a year to monitor her high blood pressure and her blood clotting disorder took over the case. He said her kidneys looked good on the ultrasound and that she may recover and still have a good quality of life. He definitely sounded more hopeful than the emergency doctor yesterday. We're visiting her again tomorrow morning and I will keep all of you posted on how she's doing. Thanks to everyone again; the support really does help!

• Gold Top Dog

Janice, I've checked back a couple times today to see if you posted an update.  I'm so happy to hear this excellent news!  You must be feeling so relieved compared to yesterday.  

Way to go, Jessie!  You are a strong girl to rally so well -- sending another bucket load of healing vibes to you for continued recovery.

• Gold Top Dog

I'm so glad to hear she ate and is feeling better.  You must be so relieved.  Continued good thoughts and vibes for everyone.  

• Gold Top Dog

I am so glad you were able to update before I went home for the weekend.....I will keep you all in my thoughts

• Gold Top Dog

Good vibes being sent for Jessie and for you !  Pancreatitis is so scary and that she ate for you is wonderful news.  Onward and upward !

• Gold Top Dog

Thanks so much to you all of you for your continued good thoughts!  Her values have improved a lot; her creatine was 4.3 on Thursday (stage 3 kidney failure) and was 2 this morning. Her other values have also went down a lot.  She will probably be on fluids until Monday and have a full chem panel done at that time. There may be some permanent damage to her kidneys and we won't know how well they will function; it depends on how much more she improves while on fluids and what happens once she's taken off them. Our internist said if he didn't think she had a chance of recovering and having a good quality of life he wouldn't have recommended treatment, so that's encouraging to us.

• Gold Top Dog

Way to go Jessie !    Keep on improving girl.    We're thinking of you !