Prayers for Lacey, please, and my Dad too.

• Gold Top Dog

Prayers for Lacey, please, and my Dad too.

Tough 12 hours, here.

This morning at 6 AM I wake up to Lacey SCREAMING!  Calmed her down, she wet the bed and other than breathing would not move. Called ER Vet for guidance.  Had to wake  a neighbor, he came over and helped me get her on a board, and in the car.  Took her to the ER Vet.  Just got home.  They are keeping her for 48 hours for observation and testing.  Her blood pressure was very high, heart rate very high, blood glucose extremely high, temp elevated, dehydrated, lethargic, etc. SO they are giving her fluids to stabilize her, then will do blood work and x rays to find out what is going on.  Possibilities include: diabetes, kidney failure, cancer.

Last evening after a lovely time with friends for dinner, I stopped by the nursing home and learned Dad 'may' have a mass on his bladder.  They had to redo the ultrasound late yesterday afternoon.  Long story, but we have issues w/ this nursing home, believe me!  I did not know ANY of this until I dropped in last evening about 8:30 PM. I had NOT been told the results of the first ultrasound, which was done in June.  The failure to do the follow up required by that report just came to light yesterday(due to things I've been doing including trying to get Dad moved to another place) and they redid it, and THEN told me!  We should learn more about this later today.

I've got the cats settled, Chaplin has had his meds, and I "THINK" everything is up to date here.  With Chaplin recovering in a room by himself till Tuesday from his major dental, this place was already unsettled.

I am going to take the other 3 dogs out to the farm for a run in the field, before it gets any hotter.  Leaving Lacey for 48 hours was very difficult this morning.  But clearly I could not bring her home, she is one very sick little puppa.  She was FINE last night, when we went to bed she ran around the bed and did her dig - dig - dig on the sheets, as she loves to do before settling down for the night.

• Gold Top Dog

Sandie, I'm sending lots and lots of good thoughts and vibes for your Dad and Lacey.  You too, of course.   (((hugs)))

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog
    Oh Sandie! Sending our very best prayers for you, Lacey and your Dad!
    • Gold Top Dog
    Sandie I feel so bad for you and sending tons of good thoughts and get better vibes for Lacey and your Dad.
    • Gold Top Dog

Just had a call from the vet.  Going to go down to have her PTS.  Very very bad results w/ ultrasound.

• Gold Top Dog

Oh, Sandie, I'm so sorry.  (((HUGS)))

• Gold Top Dog

Sandie, I'm so sorry you're having to deal with all this.  Hugs for you and your dad.  Run free at the Bridge, Lacey.

Joyce

• Gold Top Dog

((((Sandie))))  I'm so sorry. 

• Gold Top Dog
    Sandie - I'm so very sorry to read the news and especially your last post. I know what a shock this must be and my heart hurts for you. On top of everything else, to also be worried about your dad must seem like more than you can bear. Know that you've got friends here to lean on. Paryers and good thoughts for you and your dad. (((Hugs))) Run free Lacey....
    • Gold Top Dog

I am so very very sorry for your loss.  Hope your Dad will do better soon, big Hugs for you. So very sad for you.

• Gold Top Dog

Sandie - I am ... oh lordy how do I even **say** how sorry I am?

I'm sorry there are so many issues with the nursing home ... and I can relate only too well to that. But not being informed and then you feel like you don't have enough information to make a decent decision ... ugh. All my prayers, good thots **and support** for that.

And Lacey -- what a horrific way for this to happen. I know with Socks we had no over signs of cancer until a nodule exploded. She was outside in the yard and iterally came in looking like she'd aged 10 years in literally 2 minutes. The pain of that episode was apparently horrific. Poor little wee mite -- if that's simlar to what Socks went thru ... but if it's an aggressive painful cancer then it is absolutely not only the right thing to do, but the right thing to do fast.

Sandie please take care of *you*. If I can help in any way *even if it is just to have someone to vent to* that is FINE. you've got way way too much on your shoulders and no one else will take care of you.

I'm not scolding -- I'm just reminding because right now I'm sure you don't feel like you can breathe much less do anything else. *hugs*

This won't make a link in Firefox but this is the Candles Page:

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=idog
    • Gold Top Dog

Sandie, I am so sorry (((hugs))). Run free, Lacey. I know there was a special iDog committee at the Bridge to meet you.

And, I hope you get some better news with your Dad's test--that's so much to worry about.

• Gold Top Dog

((( Sandy ))) All of my prayers are with you. I'm so sorry about Lacey. I hope your dad's test results don't show anything serious. ((( hugs ))) again.

• Gold Top Dog
    Sending (HUGS) to you Sandie.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Oh man, talk about too much at one time. (((Sandie))).  Run free Lacey.  Lots of prayers coming your way, and your dads.