Prayers for Lacey, please, and my Dad too.

• Gold Top Dog

So very sorry to read about Lacey and your dad too!  

Sad 

• Gold Top Dog

Sandie, I'm so incredibly sorry to see heartbreaking news about Lacey . . . what a shock.  I don't know what to say.  I can't imagine what you're feeling, and I'm sure the other furkids are confused, wondering where their sister is.  I hope it gives you some comfort to think of Lacey being greeted by old and new friends at the Bridge.  You've got a special dog-angel watching over you now.

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts as you mourn Lacey's loss, and I'm sending loads of good vibes to your Dad, with hope that his condition is not dire and that you can get better support and communication from the nursing home at this upsetting time. 

As others said, remember that there are so many of us who understand your grief, who offer comfort, and are hear to help if we can.  Many, many hugs going out to you. 

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog
    Oh Sandy, loads of hugs and slobbery kisses from Bugsy. Run free sweet Lacey and hoping your Dad is doing OK
    • Gold Top Dog

Thank you Bugsy for those slobbery kisses.  And thank you ALL, truly, it means so much.

Yesterday is a blur, I just can't believe she is NOT HERE.  Periodically Tasha walks about the house making this soft arf? sound, she has NEVER done that before, in the 4 years she has lived here.  She is looking for Lacey, and it makes me cry every time.  Willy is moping and Riley has been very clingy not at all like her.    

Dad's test results have to be reviewed by a doctor before they can share with me, so that will be Monday, likely in the afternoon.  We've been having issues with this nursing home, I've been talking w/ the Resource Coordinator at the local Alzheimer's Chapter, and on Thursday I took Dad to see his old PCP.  Both agree Dad needs to be moved, and I THOUGHT That would happen Friday or Saturday.  All on hold as any facility wants to know the medical condition of a patient prior to accepting -- I understand that.  

I want my LACEY!!! oh crying again.

• Gold Top Dog
    This made me so sad when I saw it. I can't imagine how it is for you. I hope Tasha, Riley, and Willy can give you some doggy comfort. Zeke sends lots of snuggles.
    • Gold Top Dog

One dragging out WAY too slow (and incomplete) and the other too fast to absorb.  Sandie you've been on my heart all day *hugs*

• Gold Top Dog

Sandie:  I don't know how in the world I missed this.  I'm so sorry to read about Lacey.  Run free sweet girl.   Sending both hugs and healing vibes to you.  Also, wishing for the best possible outcome for both your Dad's health and his move to better nursing home.

((((( Sandie )))))

Deb W. 

• Gold Top Dog

Thank you.  I am going to go the Y and do a work out, maybe that will help me get through this.  Been thinking about how Lacey came to live with me, allt he things we did together over the 6 + years, etc.  Stuck in sad mode, think exercise may help.  Sure won't hurt!  I eat when I am sad lol)

• Gold Top Dog

(((Sandie)))

• Gold Top Dog

I'm so sorry. Run free, fluffy lil Lacey.

Good vibes for your dad. ((hugs))

• Gold Top Dog
    Sandie, I'm continuing to keep you in my thoughts.  I hope some time at the Y makes you feel a bit better.  It's so hard to distract one's mind from grief and worry, but it's good to try a little at a time.  More hugs to you.
    • Gold Top Dog

Thank you, Tina, Jan and Tracy.

• Gold Top Dog
    Just .... *******(((((((HUGS)))))))*******
    • Gold Top Dog
    (((((Sandie))))))

I'm so sorry that this has happened to you. Run free Lacey!

Good vibes for your Dad and all the decisions being made on his nursing home.

• Gold Top Dog
    I'm very sorry :( I hope things get worked out with your dad. So much to deal with. Sending you all the strength vibes I can