The world's most ridiculous agility dog!

• Gold Top Dog

I didn't realize that's where you train!  Yep we were at Over Rover.  Do you pop into the show 'n' goes they've been having there?  I've been to a couple of them recently in preparation for the trial and plan to go to more if they offer them!

• Gold Top Dog

Yup that'd be were I train, with Dee and Jill being my instructors. Have been training there for several years.

Haven't been to any show and goes this year yet. We have a set up in our back yard and so mostly just do it in our yard. I may be popping into some of them here in the near future, if Dee is having them. We are going to the USDAA Nationals in Colorado in Sept and have to keep practiced for that. We have all of the equipment except the dog walk and might be a good idea to practice that a bit. Though it didn't seem to bother the dogs at the last show, that they hadn't been on one in awhile. Classes stop for the summer and so the only times they'd been on a dog walk would have been at trials and we haven't done a whole lot of them. There is one more USDAA trial before we go and I'm quite sure we will be entering that. How long does it take for you to get to Over Rover? It takes me 45 minutes to an hour. I'd be more apt to go to the show and goes if it wasn't so far away.

Dee did say the AKC trial was a big trial. From your video I can see that...cars parked all over in the field by the barn and lots of tents up. Was the big field parking area filled as well.

• Gold Top Dog

There were a LOT of people there definitely!  It was sort of amazing to see so many folks there.  We were just there one day (Friday) and I understand that there were more people there over the weekend.

It takes us about a half hour to get out to Cato (we live in Syracuse).  Pretty much anywhere I wanted to train in the area is about a half hour away.  Skaneateles: half hour.  Cato: half hour.  Where we train (north of Central Square, in Hastings): half hour.  I'm glad things aren't too far away but it's frustrating at the same time that things aren't closer!

• Gold Top Dog

The world's most ridiculous agility dog strikes again!  We went to another CPE trial this weekend and tried the dreaded SNOOKER for the 3rd time.  We managed a very nice Q in it and because of that we received our Level 1 Enthusiast title.

Dahlia showing off all her title ribbons.

And a video!  This is us doing our Wildcard (Level 2) run.  As you can probably tell if you do agility, I am TERRIBLE.  I tend to get nervous, stiffen up, and hesitate a lot at trials.  I'm working on this though!

Watch it on Youtube here.

• Gold Top Dog

What a great dog you have, loved the videos.  I know nothing about these things but loved it.

• Gold Top Dog

Thank you!  She's my heart.  And she's SUCH a good dog.

• Gold Top Dog

I love Dahlia!

• Gold Top Dog

Thank you!  Me too! lol

• Gold Top Dog
    Congrats on the Level 1 Enthusiast title!  Loved the video and you're not terrible, you're like anyone learning a new skill.  I thought you did an admirable job on that run and much better than I could ever hope to do. :)
    • Gold Top Dog

Thanks!  We have a LONG way to go.  Hopefully we'll get there eventually!  I don't have any high hopes for amazing titles (she's already 6 1/2) but it sure is fun to try!

• Puppy

Hey Dahlia ,

Many congrats to you. Your deserve this.

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Great job!