Exhausted after grooming

• Gold Top Dog

Exhausted after grooming

I'm just curious.  Is it normal for her to be so completely exhausted after being groomed.  She was only gone about 2 1/2 hours today.  And, she's completely wiped out. 
    • Gold Top Dog
    Is she all worked up while she's being groomed?  Being anxious for that long takes a lot out of ya, could that be it?  Or maybe there was just a lot to watch and do?  I dont know, the first thing that came to mind was just being worked up over it.....  Sammy doesn't have enough fur to get groomed so I guess I'm not really experienced here lol.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Yeah, she does get excited.  She's got people there that she likes to see and there are also other dogs.  It's the only environment where she interacts with other dogs safely.  So, that could be it. 

God, is her life this boring that a little grooming zonks her out?? 
    • Bronze
    Dear Willowchow:

I sy this to anyone of my clients who come to my house to have their dog groomed, alot of times a dog could stress out just like us. how long has she been going to this groomer?  you can e-mail me directly if you would like.

Lisa -  by the way I used to live with someone that bred chows, so i know the breed very well
    • Gold Top Dog
    Well, it's been over two years.  And, she goes at least monthly so she does know them.  But, I'm sure she's a little stressed out there, the other dogs, the loudness of it all. 

I guess this is just her.  She does go for walks several times per day and she does go for rides.  But, this is a little different, she's got to interact there. 

Funny aside---There is one guy that she really likes there named Sean.  Anyway, he told me he told her to "sit" while she was in the tub.  So, she did and also gave him a "free" paw!!  That's a big deal for a dog like her.
    • Gold Top Dog
    I'm glad she enjoyed herself.  Or that one groomer anyway.[:)]  So many dogs (belonging to clients of the former groomer) come in with this ;pained look on their faces.  They don't know me, but they know the procedure.

A tired dog is a happy dog![:D]
    • Gold Top Dog
    Willowchow--

My Oscar is exactly the same----completely exhausted after grooming---he loooves his groomer, and has quite a bit of fun while he's there (he's a tzu in full coat, so a grooming session usually takes a bit over two hours).  When we get home, he zooms around the house like a madman, then plops down to sleep the rest of the day.

Coincidentally, he does the same after our weekly bathing sessions. 
    • Gold Top Dog
    Thanks.  Yeah, she was completely zonked.  But, fine now. She had a little stomach upset too.  They probably gave her a lot of treats.  Ya know how that is, "bad" dog acting good so they really made a big deal of it.  She looks unbelievable fluffy though, I'm gonna have to take some pictures. 
    [:)]
    • Gold Top Dog
    I groom Shadow myself ( cocker) and sometimes he has actually started to fall asleep on the table standing up.Aparently something about it is just tires him out.
    Cant wait to see Fluffy willow pics!
    • Gold Top Dog
    Here's some.  I couldn't get a good shot of her she was just too tired.
    • Gold Top Dog
    AWWW! What a pretty girl!!
    • Gold Top Dog
    Wow! What a pretty, poofy girl! She must be so proud of her haircut :)
    • Gold Top Dog
    A lot of dogs get very tired. Trudy was stressed and tired when she used to go to the groomer. I have been grooming her for a long time now. The noise, dryers, dogs etc, are too much for some dogs.
    • Bronze
    hello again:

thinking about your post alot of times my dogs get really uneasy, tied and I have to give them a break, and if it is those that I am showing then they are on the tables a long time.

• Gold Top Dog
    Willow looks SO pretty, and soooo sleepy, LOL.

Emma's always tired after I groom her, which is silly, because she hasn't done anything. I think it's the stress of being in the shop.