Exhausted after grooming

• Gold Top Dog
    Lori,

It is perfectly normal for dogs to become "wiped out" after a day at the spa, [:)]  Kinda like when you go to get a massage (although I wouldn't know what that's like, lol). I'm sure there is a relaxation factor that should be figured in.

I wouldn't think of it as distress (bad stress) tho, sometimes is just as you said, so much to take in!

She looks so LOVERLY!

I certainly am exhausted after a day grooming [sm=crazy.gif]
    • Gold Top Dog
    OH Miss Willow, YOU LOOK MAVALUS!
    • Gold Top Dog
    Kennel keeper--I believe it!  I've tried doing her in the tub.  I bought the spray attachment for the shower and everything.  But, trying to keep a 50 lb dog in the tub and wash her with all the resistance is just too hard on my back.  I do it sometimes but I'm very thankful that she has a place to go. 

Thank you everyone.  They do do a great job, don't they?  And, unlike most chows she's very good, no muzzle needed.  The only thing is she either needs a muzzle for nails or this one guy Sean can do them without.  Who knows what makes him so special to her.  But, he is very soft spoken.  He even carries her from the back to the waiting area.  As if the princess can't walk?   I'll have to get pictures of that sometime.  [:)]

Anyway, I think she was having a little tummy issue that night so that added to how she was acting.  But, she's fine now.  I had the day off and we went to the park.  She zoomed and walked a mile with me. 

• Bronze
    A day at the groomers is a very stressful time for most of the dogs that come into my salon and when the perceived threat(imagined threat is all the same to the pet) is over, the pup is usually mentally exhausted. It's the seperation anxiety, strangers touching them,  holding their feet, the noise and activity levels. The whole experience is, as I perceive it, most like a trip to the dentists for me!!!!!!