Archive

New Header

• Saving Gracie

Carol Bradley's Saving Gracie; how one dog escaped the shadowy world of American puppy mills is a good read. Saving Gracie is really three stories rolled into one book. Gracie is a King Cavalier Spaniel who was one of the rescues from...
  • Good Trainers Are Good at Reinforcing

Dogs have an innate desire to please the most important people in life. This trait allows the trainer to use positive reinforcement when training the dog in basic behavior or advanced obedience. Verbal praise, treats, physical affection or toys will work...
  • Cavachon Puppy

Anyone else with a Cavachon? New puppy-owner
  • Guide to Puppy CPR

Considering getting a new puppy? Well, for the unaware, puppies are just little fur ball babies that need lots of attention just like a human child. Puppies are known for getting into a lot of things they should not which could cause severe harm to the...
  • I Miss Him Dearly

We had to move to another state and could not take Chance since we traveled in the pickup and took two cats in a crate with us. There was no room for Chance, and our new home did not have a yard for him. He would have to be tied all the time, so I found...
  • Coonhound Limping

Good Afternoon, This is more a question for you dog loving owners, for I'm really confused and not sure what to think. For the last month my beloved Coonhound, Cooter was limping on and off but only when getting up from laying down. I took him...
  • Bosco day 2 do over

I FILLED a kong with peanut butter, liver treats, and kibble, froze it, then gave it to Bosco in his crate this morning. I left him for around 11 minutes, and wehn I got back, he was happily licking the kong. My cousin and I took the dogs for a walk,...
  • Back to day 1 - :(

Ugh...we tried to leave Bosco on several hour long trips this weekend, hoping we could speed things up, but it did not work. He made ot for about 5 minutes, then carried on the rest of the time. We are starting back at a bunch of 5 minute trips today...
  • Bosco-Day 3 :(

My hubby and daughter left Bosco with his thundershirt and music for 15 minutes. They forgot to record him, but said he was almost asleep when they got home. He had his 1 hour training class today as well which involved teaching him to go to his crate...
  • Bosco's rehab for separation anxiety-Day 1

I'm hoping this blog will keep me sane, and hopefully the experts can tell me if I'm doing something wrong! Well, so far today, I have randomly put my coat and shoes on about 10 times, put his thundershirt on him for no reason for a few minutes...
  • Standard Poodles are so smart...and other urban legends

After my beloved pitbull cross passed away, I began to think it would be fun to get a dog that I could run with. I kept an eye on the dogs in the pound but before a suitable candidate came up for adoption, my sister told me that there were standard poodle...
  • girly aiha?

aiuh;sajkdn
  • an eventful weekend

Well, Cutie Pie was overly excited yesterday, and her leash got wrapped around my mom's foot while they were on their morning walk. My mom took a tumble, and ended up breaking four bones in her foot! So, we went to urgent care, and then, back home...
  • Thursday night

Here we are again, Cutie Pie and I, back together after a day apart. She was, as usual, quite happy to see me. Thursdays is generally a junk food night for me, but I kept it mostly healthy today. Cutie ate her dog food, as regularly she does around here...
  • Just another Tuesday morning

Hello all, This a blog about my dog, Cutie Pie. She is a five year old tan and white pit bull mix who is about thirty pounds, and clearly believes she is a lap dog. She is one of, if not, my best friend, and is almost always there with me, except when...
  • How I Met Bijou: Confessions of a Cat Person Turned Dog Lover

How did you find your dog? And what advice would you give others about choosing and finding their own? I never thought I would get a dog. I was a happy die-hard cat person. My silver striped cat Nairobi fit my personality and vice-versa: both of us are...
  • Willow is so adorable!

Her personality is starting to peek out :-). She's been so lovable today. Even playful. No more running for cover. She just stays right where she's at when I walk around the house now. And she has connected doggie treats to going on the puppy...
  • Willow Is Reaching Out To Us!

It has been a long & stressful week. Since this is-was my 1st attempt at taking care and loving an abused dog, I had some hard moments. There was no manual of what to do & not to do. That's why I am so thankful for all of you in this community...
  • Making Progress!

Willow has her own bed made up in our room-which she loves. It's a large laundry basket. She seems to feel safe when in it. She already has a favorite blankie. It's the one we took with us when we went to rescue her. Last night she seemed to be...
  • Day three yay!

Willow is coming out of her shell a bit more. After we finished at the vets office, I was excited to bring her home. We have three Chihuahua's & I wanted her to meet them. They were excited and wanted to see what the fuss was about when we brought...
  • This is something new!!

Joining a dog forum is something totally new for me, but I have decided to do this because I love dogs and also I love the internet. So this is the logical next step to take and blogging is something I just started to do as well. I thought that if I could...
  • A problem with Andy

When we got him, we were told that he was 6 years old. The first 2 years with us were great. He was already housebroken and was pretty obedient. A bout a year ago we started finding that he'd done his business in the house occasionally. It surprised...
  • Uterine Cancer Survival Rate

Uterine Cancer is a type of tumor that occurs in the area of uterus. The tumor that occurs in this cancer affects and destroys the lymph nodes in the area of uterus. A study conducted by American Cancer Research shows that this tumor kills more than...
  • The Importance Of A Dog's Diet

The fact that you love your dog speaks for itself, and of course he deserves to be loved, after all he's humanity's best friend. There is no doubt that you want to keep him in the best of health.Many ways exist for you to achieve that goal and...
  • The Skin is the Most Important Organ in a Dog's Body

Veterinarian's have many tools at their disposal, and old fashioned investigative techniques to get to the bottom of any dog skin concern.