July Connection, if any.

iDog

A kennel specifically for long term members to chat
    • Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

July Connection, if any.

Sky is the proud father of 5 male and 1 female puppies. I don't know if I dare go see them. I have been informed that I really don't want another dog. He has been drawing comments at the park and on walks about how handsome and well behaved he is. Then he rolls in some obnoxious substance and gets a bath.

The forum appears to be fading away. The other forums I engage in are more argumentative. I like the stable positiveness of this one.

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

I don't know how, but my yard has dry spots and browned areas.  We appear to be in the monsoon season, with winds and rain every day and/or night.  Some nice light shows and the occasional tornado warning.  The garden is doing well and the apples are going to break branches, but all the apricots were knocked off the tree.

The new highway is approaching now.  The westbound 2 lanes are almost saved to the edge of town.  They get that done, and the start on the east bound side next year.

As the new route adds about 2 miles to the drive, I don't know if the higher speed will save us any time over the old highway.  But it will be safer.  This was a high kill rate highway.  I can not count the number of times I pulled onto the hard shoulder to avoid oncoming traffic or to let some fool back so he could avoid the oncoming semi.

Sky is getting a following.  Culvert drive through gives him a dish of ice cream once in a while and really like him.  The pet expo cashiers are falling for him. and at times I wish I were 50 years younger.  He is a chick magnet.  

• Gold Top Dog

Oh, Doug, don't tell me the female in the litter is a black and white--I am so partial.

We haven't had even close to enough rain here, but the garden is doing well (with a little watering help). The blueberries are ripening--yummm!

The crew is good. Rock is on "vacation" from his pet therapy at the college (because the Health Center is closed during the summer). I need to take him to the nursing home, as I think he does miss going to work.

Count me in for apple, too, Doug.

This forum does seem to be on its last leg.

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Took Sky out to the WMA this morning.  Warm, but no rain falling.  The WMA is set up as a prairie.  It was a farmstead, but the DNR returned it with burn offs, cutting trees, and replanting prairie grasses.  The prairie flowers were beautiful.  A sea of waist deep yellow, purple, and white.  Lots of bees humming.  The heat took Sky out quickly, but he had a good time running and jumping, smelling everything.

Brother sent pics of the pups, and is taking a person to the litter to make a pick.  He has 3 others still trying to convince their wives that a new pup is a necessity.

Apples are looking good.  Hail and wind took out the apricots, birds got the cherries.

We seem to be in a different than usual weather cycle.  We don't get just rain.  We get winds and a half inch of rain in an hour or less.  

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Now is your chance.  We have pond goldfish that need to be rehomed.  No count yet.  They are small and some are still dark colored and hard to see, but our little breeding group did it again.  Last time, we had several hundred that got rehomed, but wife was still working as a teacher and we had lots of kids who stocked their fish tanks..

• Gold Top Dog

Got a bit of rain this week (1/4 inch), but we need a lot more. The tomatoes are starting the think about ripening--yeah! I hope to make some pickled beets this weekend. And, the zucchini is here!

I'm going to take a precision heeling course with Ronnie and Rock that starts in August. Rock has had a 2 month vacation from doing pet therapy--he went back to see some of his "peeps" yesterday and did well. His natural walk is pretty fast, so we're working on slowing down a bit.

Doug, I think I'll have to pass on the goldfish. No pond and no fish tank.