heads up - please read

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

I know Lani LOVES hers and my hubby LOVES his - me well its fine. Nothing to swoon about. Some aspects are wonderful and smooth BUT the 4s has well known battery issues I it makes me nuts. Its fine for a while and then clearly something is going on in the background because it will suddenly just lose power by the second. I am starting to think it has to due with iTunes which I bloody hate. Very glitchy for me and I do not like the interface for music. I much prefer and have all my music in Media player which works quickly and smoothly. But if I want music on my phone I have to transfer them to iTunes and deal with all the lag and glitches. And yes I have a good computer with no other issues and its the latest version.

Another issue is that the phone is glass so very fragile - if you are anything but super careful and not at all clumsy you will need a significant case which makes the sleek and sexy iphone clunky but safe.

My sister just switched from years of blackberries and at first she was going to trade it in because she hated the virtual keyboard. She wound up keeping it but it has turned her from a texting monster to a more average texter LOL IMO this is a good thing

No doubt the software available is excellent but you do have to sift through what you want/need, lots of junk out there in the 48 million apps or whatever they boast.

Is it better than my windows phone - no doubt - is it the second coming definitely not. And if the battery issue doesn't resolve I will be looking to move to something else as soon as I can.

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

excellent feedback.  I have no use for my cell phone as a music device, but texting and sending email and checking the internet are most useful to me.  I used to do that on my Blackberry when I had a data plan, now I just text.  I like having the full keyboard with actual keys.  The only other thing I can see using my phone for is pictures and videos. 

Hmm, I wonder what I'll end up with...

• Gold Top Dog

Sorry I fell off the face of the earth... it's been a trying few weeks at work and a few personal things that needed to be finished up.  But, I think I'm back to normal.  Work hours changed and I was commuting a long way for a few weeks (2 hours each way!) so, that's over with.  Hopefully!! :)

So, what did you end up with Paige??  Karen, I'm sorry you don't love your phone.  Personally, I would marry Siri if it were allowed!!  I've asked her, and she said, "let's just be friends, OK?"  Heartbreaker!!

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Sera_J
    Karen, I'm sorry you don't love your phone.  Personally, I would marry Siri if it were allowed!!  I've asked her, and she said, "let's just be friends, OK?"  Heartbreaker!!

you are fairly insane - just saying......................Wink

Glad life is slowing a bit

• Gold Top Dog

kpwlee

Sera_J
    Karen, I'm sorry you don't love your phone.  Personally, I would marry Siri if it were allowed!!  I've asked her, and she said, "let's just be friends, OK?"  Heartbreaker!!

you are fairly insane - just saying......................Wink

Have you had a conversation with Siri yet?  She's got a sense of humor.... :)

Yeah, it's been a lot to handle to be honest.  I had a promotion, of sorts, at work.  A lot more to do while I'm here.  Today is fairly quiet, which has been uncommon.  Well... back at it!!

How have you guys been?

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

I'm ok, I've got a hectic March going on - teaching a round of new competition students, so every Thursday is booked.  Had a tooth removed on Tuesday (that one that the filling broke while I was in AZ and I haven't had health insurance since.)  More of it broke earlier this year so too much to be resolved.  I'm walking around like I've had a mini-stroke affecting only one side, it's so swollen.

Gracie is ok - going to be 9yrs old in 2 months.  Getting a chance to work a couple of sport Dobes in Obed and the owner of one keeps offering to have me handle him in Protection, but I'm not up for that.  I would like to work him in Tracking, tho.

Remember all the hassle I had last year as part of the Obedience Committee for my club's show? Well, the show chairman was asked to step down and I was asked to step up.  So, I'm full swing in our Obed/Rally Show Planning.  Contracts due to MB-F in a few weeks, which means Premium list, promotional advertising, all kinds of other crap...

Sorry to hear about the personal stuff.  I should have checked in sooner.  How are the 4-leggers?  Been thinking about Logan lately.  A lot of Sporting dogs around me lately.  That and people trying to will me their dogs.  Also thinking of a trip to Hawaii once my inheritance comes in.

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Just a heads up, I've approved a bunch of IDs that seem to be from other countries, so I'll be watching the forum - just wanted to give you all a heads up.

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog
    Appreciated. I've been doing 3 pages at a time so it's the season for me blood lol. I have been disapproving anything suspect with the thought that they will recon tact if they were 'real'