heads up - please read

• Gold Top Dog

((sigh)) I guess just let them talk it out... it's a great story, if you don't know the facts behind it.  I may take my signature down, though!! LOL

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

heheeheheh!

• Gold Top Dog
    OK - so I lied. I did post to it.  This had the effect we were afraid of.... people think you can take any dog you find on CL to Westminster.  Gah.  I hope Jan is happy.  Freaking moron.
    • Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Sera_J
    people think you can take any dog you find on CL to Westminster

You can't?????

Damn I have been scouring CL ever since I read that heartwarming story Hmm

Exciting times re your potential puppies!! Fingers crossed you both make it happen.

Lani if you win the lottery, I'd really like a GSP pup and there is a litter that's a week old..........................

Lastly I've kept this quiet but speaking of lymphoma............B has a lump under one arm that I believe is a lymph node. He had some weird injury/issue with his lip/flew so I thought it might be due to infection, however after 5 days of simplicef it hasn't changed. I will get him to the vet Thurs/Fri to see what they think.

All prayers and thoughts appreciated

• Gold Top Dog

Oh, Karen... definitely, lots of prayers and thoughts and vibes to you all.  For what it's worth, my neighbor called me over one day to look at their dog, and all his lymphnodes were swollen, I told them to get him to a Vet immediately, I baby sat while they took him the next day.  He did have lymphosarcoma, but ALL of his lymphnodes were swollen.  Vet knew the prognosis wasn't good and said "if one or two were swollen it's usually infection", so maybe simplicef is just the wrong antibiotic....?  I've got my fingers crossed, and good thoughts on their way.

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

effin-A.  I just went to visit *my* Bugsy (white Bull Terrier) yesterday, and THEY had a lymphoma scare, too.  He had an annual exam, cells pulled from lump, and he was put on an antibiotic for something else. When the cells came back abnormal, the vet wanted to do more, but the lump had shrunken so much they're attributing it to antibiotics.  A vet friend had a similar experience w/a soft tissue tumor on her dog and use of some kind of antihistamine or something caused it to shrink.

what the hell o is going on in the Universe??

Here's amazingly good thoughts for the big black Bugsy to be a-ok and just his USUAL normal abnormal self!

No word on Cora yet - vet still hasn't responded, vet tech agrees it's unusual, but we're all taking it as a "no news is good news, or at least until we hear otherwise" sign.

• Gold Top Dog

Karen - just checking in for an update... I know the weather was crazy, but just seeing if you got him to the Vet?  What was said?  I've been on pins and needles!!  Lots of good thoughts are continuing!

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

I have not taken him to the vet yet - I really want to use a different vet so have collected a couple of possible new ones to contact, add in that I haven't had any free time during normal hours and it hasn't happened. I am also terrified which isn't helping.

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog
    Lipoma, thank you Lord (even if it means he's be mount an old man)
    • Gold Top Dog

That's great!!  Glad it's not what we were worried about... *C* is scary shizzle.

kpwlee
    (even if it means he's be mount an old man)

Ok - I give, what?

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Sera_J

That's great!!  Glad it's not what we were worried about... *C* is scary shizzle.

kpwlee

Ok - I give, what?

Lani, I suspect it's some kind of Southern thing.... lol

REALLY glad to hear Mr. B just has a lipoma.  Welcome to my world - Gracie has about  25 of those suckers, one is the size of a grapefruit and it even has it's own lump.  I completely understand your worry - every lump is a new worry.  Start doing massage on a regular basis and you're going to get a good handle on how the lump is feeling (ie, if it changes shape or size) and if any new ones show up.

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog
    miranadobe

Sera_J

kpwlee

Ok - I give, what?

Lani, I suspect it's some kind of Southern thing.... lol

REALLY glad to hear Mr. B just has a lipoma.  Welcome to my world - Gracie has about  25 of those suckers, one is the size of a grapefruit and it even has it's own lump.  I completely understand your worry - every lump is a new worry.  Start doing massage on a regular basis and you're going to get a good handle on how the lump is feeling (ie, if it changes shape or size) and if any new ones show up.

Lol nope it was an iPhone autocorrect thing and looking at it I have no idea what I was trying to type!

I was really hoping it might be a lipoma as I know they are common and I realize it's the first of likely many. I'm sure I'll get nervous every time I find a new one. Poor Gracie :(
    • Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Vet checked her out again - all lumps are fatty.  She drained the pocket over her eye, which is nice.  Hopefully it won't come back quickly.  Said we could do x-rays of her neck, but it might show a little arthritis, or it might not show anything if there's a disc problem, and without Gracie showing signs of pain, vomiting, diarrhea or anything other than stretching, she's in great shape and I should just enjoy her.  Did a blood panel, not sure when that comes back, but, whatever.

Cora has been home w/out fever for a few days now.  We share the same vet and she explained what's going on - either some very unusual type of cancer, or an immune response to something like tuberculosis or a fungus or some other organism.  Didn't find the organism when they biopsied her lymph node, but that can happen (like not finding eggs in the stool of a dog w/worms).  Next might be a tracheal wash and light sedation to force her to cough up one of the things on her lungs so they can biopsy THAT.  

Man, what we go through for our dogs.

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

miranadobe
    Next might be a tracheal wash and light sedation to force her to cough up one of the things on her lungs so they can biopsy THAT.  

WOW!

Very glad that Gracie is fine!! When we do the blood panel it is usually a couple of days max

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

kpwlee
    ] Lol nope it was an iPhone autocorrect thing

So, my sister is going to change our shared phone service so she can get an iPhone.  I'm partial to Blackberry only because I'm most familiar with it and I feel a little weird about the touch screens (sometimes my fingers don't "work";).  How do you guys like your iPhones?  Any tips/suggestions?  She's swapping us to AT&T.