heads up - please read

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

heads up - please read

first of all this email should never get another account farrel.peter@yahoo.com

that is the one that was attached to two different accounts both of which are banned now

secondly there is a ton of approvals to do - I did some yesterday but I have my mom, sister and kids here through tomorrow so don't have much online time.  The kids are 8 & 11 so need entertainment - we'll be out all day again today running like fools!

I have been much more selective in approvals, there seem to be a ton of 'gamer' sites hitting us now and also a bunch of marketers - which is why it is taking me longer to get through them all

Lots of hugs Paige and Lani I hope you are doing OK

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

kpwlee
    secondly there is a ton of approvals to do

I did three pages of returns on Tuesday.  What the heck are people doing??  I'll go blow through whatever I can find tonight while I'm at lunch right now.  First time I've been at work since last Friday, which was busier than hell.

Enjoy your time with your mom and sister.  Sucks about the attitude problems - but I know holiday stress can make me moody this time of year and letting all the ugly hang out around my family is not uncommon.  Not good, but, it happens.  Hope they can find some cheer and relaxation to adjust the 'tude!

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

just looked at them - some of those names look like ones I did earlier!  So weird.  Any word back on the OOops msgs??

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

kpwlee
    there seem to be a ton of 'gamer' sites hitting us now and also a bunch of marketers

Thanks for the heads up on the gamer sites - I killed one today.  I also kill anything with seo in it (search engine optimization)

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

I've been killing more each day - I figure if I guessed wrong they'll try again LOL

Anything that reeks of advertising/spam gets a no.

Hope you are doing OK - been fairly nutty here and I am not seeing an end to it soon.

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

OK enough, but zero time at work - It's truly ridiculous.   Hope you're doing well.

Meanwhile, I think we'll be saying goodbye to the 15yr old Dobe who lives here - she looks worse and worse.

Probate stuff for my grandmother continues, visiting w/my dad who gave me pictures which have caused me to explore and learn a ton of stuff about my father's grandparents, etc.

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Just approved a bunch of ids from the 10th & 11th, some I question, but, I'll hang around the forum to see what they produce so I can kill them as needed.  mdactivist has me concerned and a couple of others, but in light of the recent Admin email, I'll just approve and monitor.

• Gold Top Dog

I'm so sorry Paige... BIG HUGS!!!

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Thanks, but I've got nothing to complain about at this point.  Today marks a 3rd dog in my midst being diagnosed with lymphoma in the last month.  The last one got the diagnosis this morning, Happy Valentine's Day.  It's cancer of some sort in her lymph node.  Surgery Thurs to take it out and biopsy it.  SUCKS so friggin much!  Another, Mayday, has elevated liver enzymes and testing results inconclusive and unusual so they're getting additional consults on it.  DAMNIT this blows.

• Gold Top Dog

I'm so sorry... cancer is awful.  Lymphoma seems like it's everywhere.  My neighbors Weim was diagnosed with lymphoma and given 1-3 months to live and it's been 5 months.  They are doing the essiac tea and cancer diet along with the steroid treatment.  They decided against chemo, for what it's worth.

Big hugs!!!

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Sera_J
    They are doing the essiac tea and cancer diet along with the steroid treatment

hey, it's something for them, so that's good!  I just feel sad and frustrated by it all.

So, no more website?  I went to look at Logan's pedigree (b/c I knew he was an Anson dog) and whoops, gone!

• Gold Top Dog

It is sad and very frustrating... and not at all fair.  I'm so sorry.  But, just thought I'd give you a little hope... Zackie has lived nearly double his longest life expectency at this point, so maybe.....???  The essiac tea is available online and the cancer diet is basically just no sugar.  I'm really sorry.  It's just not fair.

No, no more website. I let it go.  I'm not really into breeding Logan right now I do have one or two litters coming up this year (other breeders using him) but, I felt like I got way more requests which led me to saying "no" (nicely) more than I wanted to.  When I get my foundation bitch I will probably put it back up.

Logan's sire is an Anson dog, nice memory :) However, there was huge drama around that Anson dog at Westminster.... the long story longer is: Anson Weims (Jan Lowe) is a step above a BYB.... she has nice dogs, but doesn't do jack about them once she's sold them.  That dog, Maverick, was in a horrid situation in Oregon... Jan didn't step up to the plate, and that very nice man paid a lot of money to "rescue" him.  Jan has lied through her teeth since.  Anyway, the drama hit the breeder lists and groups and I've tried to lay low, not only does Logan have Anson on his name, I've BRED to her bitch (before I knew the whole story) anyway, Maverick is a very nice dog. I'm glad he's found himself a great home and I'm sorry Jan is gaining from all the exposure.  This is why Logan's really not up for stud much.  It's so much easier NOT to have ethics.  Gah!!  They did a whole story on ABC news and the story is goign around the web like wild fire about the "rescue dog makes it to Westminster" as if this random dog could win a Grand Championship.... the thing is the dog should never have BEEN on Craigslist, if the breeder was even kind of reputable. 

Sorry.  Rant over... :)

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

YYYIIIKES!!  Well, I just pulled my post from your Facebook page - don't want to stir THAT pot w/your FB Weim associates!  yeowsah!  I don't blame you on the need to pull the site, makes perfect sense that having to say "no" a gazillion times opens you up to stuff you just don't want to be involved in.  Hope he's well and happy as usual.  I saw Pink is his latest breeding when I tried to search his name to find your site (I thought I was nuts)

I'm thinking of expanding the crew this fall once I have my living situation under control and my inheritance in the bank.  There's a nice Dobe being bred right now (like literally, today) whom a friend is getting another puppy from (the bitch is the full sister to the pet-quality dog they own currently)  But the timing isn't good for me.  Although, the timing wasn't right for Gracie, either.  I can't do squat until my finances are well established.

Sigh.  Dogs.  What the heck are we doing with our lives?!?! ahhaha   Give Miss Nickelodeon a smooch from Auntie Paige, and a snuggle to my Bug.

• Gold Top Dog

You don't know these things till you know them, so I try not to let it get to me... but, I hope other people realize I didn't know and now that I do I wouldn't have anything to do with her.  She has very nice dogs, great temperaments, beautiful, just a dishonest breeder.  Not that any of the dogs are hers, they are hers as much as Logan is mine.  Yes, he's my dog, but I'm standing on the shoulders of greats, essentially what she does.  But, really amazing memory Paige, thanks!!  And yep, Pink will be coming to meet him in a few months to make zee babies!! ((squeeeeee)) Ooh, they will be cute little monsters :)

Ahh, I totally hear ya!  There is never good timing to get another dog, I think.  But, the finances are a huge barrier. I'm in a similar boat... only "my" puppy is 10 days old!  Not sure I can make it work, but if ever there was a bitch that would be ideal, this is her.  Let's both cross our fingers and hope for a miracle, if I win the lottery I'll buy you your puppy ;)

Smooch Gracie-girl.  Niknak sends butt wags and Logan plopping down in your lap for a snug.

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Oh no - someone posted the thread.  How do you want to handle this?  http://forum.dog.com/forums/p/116722/963649.aspx#963649